ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 PR application(NI contribution )

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Deeone

EEA3 PR application(NI contribution )

Post by Deeone » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Hello
I have an enquiry with regards to EEA3 application,
My Uncle which happened to be an EEA national had a break from job for 2 years because he was trying to change his career so he was looking out for a new job but during that break. He registered a company and he was paying NI contribution.
I will like to enquire if this can be used to show that he was excercising his treaty right in UK for the the period of 2 years he was out of Job and probablty with some emails of Job applications he made during those period of time.
and also if there is need to include cover letter with this application with regards to the NI contribution.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:09 pm

An EEA national can excercise its treaty rights with the mixture of work, self employment, study, self sufficient etc. As you told that your EEA national uncle has registered company and started paying NI contribution then its called SELF EMPLOYMENT (one of the mode of excercising treaty right). He has certainly been excercising its treaty rights through his self employment in these 2 years and for that he needs to demonstrate business accounts, trading invoices, accountant letter and HMRC returns etc.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Deeone

Post by Deeone » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks a lot for your response, I tend to believe it doesnt matter whether the ammount being paid on the NI contribution is less.