ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa refusal.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa refusal.

Post by pillaipraveen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Dear all,
I applied for a Tier 2 visa from India last month. Eventhough I scored points for all attributes, my application was refused on the grounds of maintenance support stating that the original e-statements (Bank in Ireland) which I submitted with my application was a copy. I have earlier applied for more than 25 visas from Ireland using this same e-statement (original; not colour copies though) among which 4 were UK business visas. I found from the Tier 2 policy guidance that if a document is found to be a copy the embassy will inform that applicant in writing and will be given 7 working days to submit the original/stamped copies of the documents. Eventhough I have decided to submit a fresh application, I am thinking of requesting an administrative review of my first visa application and it's refusal on the ground of not being informed and given an opportunity to submit a document in it's proper format. Could anyone of the experts here advice me on whether this is a reasonable decision to go for an administrative review? Regards, PS.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 pm

if the provisions of para 172-175 of the T2 policy guidance have not been followed by the ECO then a request for Administrative Review would be justified. See also ECB10.13:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /#header12

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Thank you.

Post by pillaipraveen » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 am

Thank you for the advice. I have requested an administrative review of my application. Hope it goes fine. Cheers, PS.