ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tunab2

Re: Flro

Post by tunab2 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 pm

ale001 wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
justice12 wrote:
ale001 wrote:Guys, what is the correct email of UKBA to ask for progress of an application?
neyhcustomers@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Hi Justice12,

Do you think t is a good idea for someone in my case to email UKBA for the progress of my application. I mean given my circumstances (Overstayer).
Thanks!
No. You have a right to know what is happening to your application, comment, or complain, and it is in their interest to hear from you.

t

They want to resolve your complaint so that they can improve their service. UKBA will treat your application separately from your complaint and will decide it impartially, taking account of all the relevant circumstances.

Complaints do not affect UKBA decision-making process - and making a complaint does not mean that your application will be dealt with more quickly or more slowly.

I hope this answer is helpful?

Justice12 how're u doing? long time, have you got any reply yet? My application is almost a year now and i never hear anything. I'm fed up man.... My solicitor is worried too. I've sent the UKBA email this morning anyway...

:D
Thanks i think i will give it a few more weeks before sending an email. I am yet to hear naything from the MP as well. I only got biometrics done this month so i guess i am far from any decision compare to some of your timelines here. And let's hope that amnesty is 100%.

justice12
Algeria

amnesty

Post by justice12 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:28 pm

I'am not expecting any amnesty from them , and I don't wont it !!! I'am legally married to my scotish wife and my daughter is scotish too born and bread in scotland , I have got the right to be with my family whether thy like it or not and no one can remove me from this land ,anyway scotland will take there referendum next year and it will be separated country from the English. I can't wait for that to happen .

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm

I really dont know why they taking so long to process flr o applicants,seems like they forget us. I see loads of flr m getting back their documents but not us... :(

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:19 pm

ive also noticed that the FOI requests for anything related FLR(o) applications have been ignored since November while the FLR(m) have been responded to promplty

why is the ukba not releasing information about FLR(o)? i think reason being is that the statistics will come back shockingly bad

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Justice12,

What if the referendum goes the other way.

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 am

I know one or two guys who got their applications approved. Keep a positive mind and stay strong. We'll all smile one day...

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am

egoneo wrote:ive also noticed that the FOI requests for anything related FLR(o) applications have been ignored since November while the FLR(m) have been responded to promplty

why is the ukba not releasing information about FLR(o)? i think reason being is that the statistics will come back shockingly bad
This is not a good news then because my application was submitted in the beginning of November :( And my friends who those applied FLR(M) in last June/July 2012 has received / getting their documents back since January.
I've just rang UKBA to find out why I still haven't received a letter for Biometric Application. They just said " It's still not on the system, you'll just have to keep waiting".

By the way, here's my time line:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/11/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 07/11/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: - Waiting -
Date Biometrics Done at PO : - Waiting -
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: - Waiting -
Date Biometrics received : - Waiting -

Fingers and Toes crossed !!!

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 am

lenn83 wrote:
egoneo wrote:ive also noticed that the FOI requests for anything related FLR(o) applications have been ignored since November while the FLR(m) have been responded to promplty

This is not a good news then because my application was submitted in the beginning of November :( And my friends who those applied FLR(M) in last June/July 2012 has received / getting their documents back since January.
I've just rang UKBA to find out why I still haven't received a letter for Biometric Application. They just said " It's still not on the system, you'll just have to keep waiting".

i applied around the same time as you (14th nov) still no biometrics either. Fingers crossed like you said.

The thing is FLR(O) in general tend to be a lot more complicated than FLR(M) as lots of asylum seekers, article 8 etc apply on it. If we are to believe the queue is first come first serve then people who has been here illegally for lets say 30 years and trying to legalise his stay would hold up the queue for someone who lets say is just applying for an extension

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am

egoneo wrote:
lenn83 wrote:

i applied around the same time as you (14th nov) still no biometrics either. Fingers crossed like you said.

The thing is FLR(O) in general tend to be a lot more complicated than FLR(M) as lots of asylum seekers, article 8 etc apply on it. If we are to believe the queue is first come first serve then people who has been here illegally for lets say 30 years and trying to legalise his stay would hold up the queue for someone who lets say is just applying for an extension
You still have long way to go. I have applied its almost a year now. I've done biometric since 19 July 2012, so as Justice as well. Se we have to be very patient for the fu**ing UKBA
Ale001

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 am

Hello everyone

I received a letter last week from UKBA in response to complaints made about continue delay in deciding my FLR O application.

They claim to be currently working on applications where biometric details were submitted in October 2012.

Let us remain hopeful.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 pm

MRLAOLU wrote:Hello everyone

I received a letter last week from UKBA in response to complaints made about continue delay in deciding my FLR O application.

They claim to be currently working on applications where biometric details were submitted in October 2012.

Let us remain hopeful.
Mr Laolu, are u a 9ja? :D
Ale001

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm

[i
Last edited by justice12 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

egoneo wrote:
lenn83 wrote:

But I applied for an extension. Still, taking so long for them!! Bit depressing because can't really plan nor do something without my documents. Plus, my partner passport is with them as well.
Headache :( :( :(

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Hiya when did u apply for your extension? Because i also apply for extension in october and im still waiting for biometic letter. normally it doesnt take this long.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm

sanny26 wrote:Hiya when did u apply for your extension? Because i also apply for extension in october and im still waiting for biometic letter. normally it doesnt take this long.
Hi, I applied on the 5/11/2012. I just rang UKBA this morning (again) and told the same thing "It's not on the system yet, keep waiting". Means the my file is sitting somewhere still without opened.

winners

Post by winners » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

sanny26 wrote:Hiya when did u apply for your extension? Because i also apply for extension in october and im still waiting for biometic letter. normally it doesnt take this long.
Quite a lots of applicants that apply end of September 2012 were getting their biometric letters today ,hopefully between this week or next week the bio letters should surface .

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 pm

MRLAOLU wrote:Hello everyone

Let us remain hopeful.
Why would UKBA say they are currently dealing with applicants that submitted biometric details in October 2012 when my partner submitted her biometric details in June 2012 and still have not heard anything from them.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm

winners wrote:
Quite a lots of applicants that apply end of September 2012 were getting their biometric letters today ,hopefully between this week or next week the bio letters should surface .
Finally :) just hope they dont take long to send back documents after such a long wait for biometric letter.

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 pm

@sanny26
I understand that your application is extention and mine is fresh but have you receive your biometric appointment letter because its couple of days difference between our submission date.

Thanks

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm

olapoint101 wrote:@sanny26
I understand that your application is extention and mine is fresh but have you receive your biometric appointment letter because its couple of days difference between our submission date.

Thanks
No hun im still waiting on one. Im just hoping i receive one soon...

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 am

Well I think I been waiting the most I sent my documents on January 17 2012, got acknowledge letter on the 19th of January 2012 and havent heard
nothing after that... Very simple case my husband and daughter are british...

It;s taking forever but good luck to everyone!!!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 am

Elisha47 wrote:Well I think I been waiting the most I sent my documents on January 17 2012, got acknowledge letter on the 19th of January 2012 and havent heard

Isit a fresh application u made? Dont u chase them up about bio letter?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 am

Elisha47 wrote:Well I think I been waiting the most I sent my documents on January 17 2012, got acknowledge letter on the 19th of January 2012 and havent heard

so have you even received a bio letter?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 am

egoneo wrote:

so have you even received a bio letter?

I think at the time she made the application she didnt need to enrol bio...

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Like Sanny26 said I didn't need a bio... It is a fresh application ...