ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set Protection ILR waiting times?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Serina26

Set Protection ILR waiting times?

Post by Serina26 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 pm

I applied for ILR on 27th December 2012 (on the basis of SET Protection after 5 years). So far I haven't even received an acknowledgement letter.

Are there any member on here who applied over the last six months (since September 2012) for ILR Protection Route, and who can share their experience? I would appreciate if you could mention in your reply the following:

1. date of application
2. did you receive an acknowledgement letter?
3. did you receive an invitation to do your biometrics? If so, what date?
4. When did you receive your ILR.

Your help will be much appreciated.
Serina

Peterpan81

Re: Set Protection ILR waiting times?

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:33 am

Serina26 wrote:I applied for ILR on 27th December 2012 (on the basis of SET Protection after 5 years). So far I haven't even received an acknowledgement letter.

Are there any member on here who applied over the last six months (since September 2012) for ILR Protection Route, and who can share their experience? I would appreciate if you could mention in your reply the following:

1. date of application

According to the new system you dont receive an acknoledgment letter anymore, you will receive an invite for biometric enrolment which you could consider as an acknoledgment.

Be aware that this could take easily up to 2-3 months from the date you submitted your docs.

there is a separate forum for all those who applied for ILR via SET Protection route.

google (SET Protection immigration board) and the forum will come up, and you will see peoples experiences and timeline.

Hope that was helpful.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Serina26

Post by Serina26 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 pm

Peterpan81 wrote:
Serina26 wrote:I applied for ILR on 27th December 2012 (on the basis of SET Protection after 5 years). So far I haven't even received an acknowledgement letter.

1. date of application

According to the new system you dont receive an acknoledgment letter anymore, you will receive an invite for biometric enrolment which you could consider as an acknoledgment.

Be aware that this could take easily up to 2-3 months from the date you submitted your docs.

there is a separate forum for all those who applied for ILR via SET Protection route.

google (SET Protection immigration board) and the forum will come up, and you will see peoples experiences and timeline.

Hope that was helpful.
Thanks Peterpan. I have done my biometrics now. I did it same day I received the letter from HO i.e. on 27th January. Now waiting for ILR to come through the post. I should've used the premium service to be honest, but hey...
Serina

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Serina26 wrote:
Peterpan81 wrote:

1. date of application

Hope that was helpful.
Thanks Peterpan. I have done my biometrics now. I did it same day I received the letter from HO i.e. on 27th January. Now waiting for ILR to come through the post. I should've used the premium service to be honest, but hey...
Congrats on doing the biometrics....Unfortunately you cannot do a premium service with SET Protection like the other applications, you are only eligible to apply via post, and that's why it's Free as well

Hopefully Biometrics should be in the next 3 months...that's the timeline for all the others who applied recently, 3 months after biometrics submission.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Serina26

Post by Serina26 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Thank you, Peterpan! I did use to think that premium service is not available for SET Protection route, but I read on the application form that it is available. Even the Super Premium service is mentioned on there.
Serina

Thetruth007thetruth
Newly Registered

Re: Application for accession card and RC

Post by Thetruth007thetruth » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 pm

I need Help:

I am a Romanian National. I got married with Non EU national December 2010.

While i was married i changed my employer before application for RC for my Husband who is Non EU National. When we submitted the documents they denied my Husband application on the basis that, I changed the employer before notifying them, and that, the New employer was supposed to apply for work permit.

My New employer then applied for work permit for me. Mean while we took the case to the court on the basis that, when i firstly came to this country i had student registration card and was studying NVQ3 and worked as part of My NVQ3 with my employer. I then finished 12months with this employer without changing her. I then got the second job as Nurse and unknowingly and lack of knowledge i applied for work permit the purple card which was UN Necessary because have finished 12months period of working.

Home office gave me work permit anyway. But I did not applied for work permit on the Third employer which is my current employer, in which they used it as a reason for them to refuse my husband RC. So when we went to court through clarifications-Home office representative asked time to review and work out which application i made before. Then the case was adjourned. Then few weeks later home office wrote to us that, they have withdrawn the case and mu Husband RC application will be reviewed. Then after few weeks my husband wrote to them asking the progress of application as he wanted to attend his cousin Funeral and update his employer. Then they refused again with the same reasons and advised us to re apply again.

We then seeked Citizen advice bureau, by then we had a baby girl. Then Citizen advise bureau took the case and requested me To apply for accession card first as didnt apply one before, then on application to include my daughter whose father is my husband(NON EA). he told us once we sort this then he can apply for my Husband.

The Problem is since we applied MAY 2012 it has been over 9 Months plus now and no Feedback from them at all.

My husband lost his Gradmother and he could not attend the Funeral as he wont be able to come back without Visa. All family here was are psychologically tortured and depressed. I suffered Post natal depression because of Home office, My Husband got stopped from working by his employer and we don't know what to do anymore.

My daughter had an offer to go to Paris, disney Land with school and she cant travel as no Visa as well. we so depressed HELP Please

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 pm

My daughter had an offer to go to Paris, disney Land with school and she cant travel as no Visa as well. we so depressed HELP Please
Your daughter is Romanian, and has a Romanian passport? If yes, what is the problem? Why do you think she cannot go to France?
John

Thetruth007thetruth
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007thetruth » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 pm

just wrote to my MP and promised to deal with the case-so finger crossed.

EEA2 Application sent April 2011
EEA2 refused june 2011
Court hearing august 2011 Home office withdraw decision and pledge to review my application
EEA2 refused again the same reasons january 2012

Law centre instructed to deal with case from me and launch appeal february 2012

Law centre (Citizen advise bureau ) decide to withdraw the case and re-apply again and resubmit of EEA1 and EEA2 for ne daughter

Still waiting 10months no answer...

MP contacted 25 February and promised to deal with the case....still waiting..

Serina26

Post by Serina26 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:28 am

Can we please stick to the topic? This thread is specifically about waiting times for ILR Protection Route. Please do not highjack it :!:
Serina

Serina26

ILR Success

Post by Serina26 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi Peterpan!

Good news this morning! I was woken up by the postman knocking on my door delivering a letter from the HO informing me that my application was successful. In the same letter, all the documents I enclosed in my application, including my Travel Document, were returned. Half an hour later, my Biometric Residence Permit was delivered by a different special courier who asked me for proof of id.

Here is my timeline:

Application date: 27th December 2012
Received by HO: 28th December 2012
Biometric received: 27th January 2013 (dated 24th January 2013)
Biometric done: 27th January 2013
ILR received: 26th April 2013

Soo four months in total!

I am relieved I don't have to wait any longer, and that I am now able to travel abroad as I couldn't do so while my application was on hold. I wish all of you guys on here a lot of success. Be patient, I am sure you will all get your ILR soon!

Best wishes,
Serina