ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naCC
BANNED

MN1 Confusion

Post by naCC » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi I have some questions regarding MN1 for my children.

I was on Tier 1 when my wife joined me in 2010 and we were blessed with Twin daughters in the UK in 2011.
They stayed for about 6 months here in the UK but being 1st time parents was difficult for both of us so my wife (with dependent Visa which expired last year) and babies (without any Visa) went back home on Pakistani Passport. and since then living there for the last 16 Months or so.

Now I want them to join me in the UK, I got my ILR last year do I have to submit MN1, if so then

what about MN1 Section
1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. (But they didn't have any Visa)

Section 5 (Refrees)
Can I get the Refrees from the UK ?

downlights

Post by downlights » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 pm

1) leave blank as question asks 'if and when'
2) yes, why not?

Did your wife get PR at the same time as you? she'll probably need some kind of visa if not, such as dependent of settled person

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 pm

downlights wrote:1) leave blank as question asks 'if and when'
2) yes, why not?

Did your wife get PR at the same time as you? she'll probably need some kind of visa if not, such as dependent of settled person
Thanks for reply,
No My Wife left the UK few months before her Visa ran out, so She needs to apply again but I want 1st the Children to be soughted out then I will apply for her.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 am

naCC wrote:
2) yes, why not?

Thanks for reply,
No My Wife left the UK few months before her Visa ran out, so She needs to apply again but I want 1st the Children to be soughted out then I will apply for her.
You can apply under section 1(3), and will have to send the application to BC Liverpool.

Any family friend with professional career can pose as referee to your children.

I'll advise to apply through Nationality Checking Service(via you local council, you'll have to book and appointment with them and pay some fee towards the service). Minors are not required to attend the registration process.

Current processing time under section 1(3) is approx 2.5 weeks.

Your wife will have to apply under new 5 years spouse route and pass the English Language Test(Level A1) at present.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:27 am

Hi just called my Local NCS and they said they dont know what to do as the children are outside the UK and I should call Home Office to get the right information.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 am

naCC wrote:Hi just called my Local NCS and they said they dont know what to do as the children are outside the UK and I should call Home Office to get the right information.
It doesn not matter where the children are at present, as long as they were born in the UK, and you have ILR.

No need to even tell NCS where your children are?

Fill out section 1,5,6 & 7 form MN1.

And apply directly by secure post, you'll get the certificates in 2.5 weeks.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 am

Ok Will do that, May I ask is there any otherone who had the same case and was successfull ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 am

Here's what you will need (papers only, no kids presence)

MN1 Form x 2
Payment sheet x 1 - mention both names on payment sheet.
Photos
Long Form birth certificate
Your ILR BRP copy
your ILR Approval letter copy

Include a secure delivery prepaid envelop for return of birth certificates.

After that passport, (Registration certificate, photos, form, payment etc). However IPS prefers to have different photo than used in MN1 or any other prior application.

You should be able to get UKBA/IPS specification photos from India. Otherwise get a hi-res digital photo (2 sets each, in different clothes), and follow instructions at epassportphoto.com (free), print at a supermarket for 20p each.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 am

Many Thanks, I will follow these steps :)

lovekirankumar
Newly Registered

Post by lovekirankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Here's what you will need (papers only, no kids presence)

MN1 Form x 2
Payment sheet x 1 - mention both names on payment sheet.
Photos
Long Form birth certificate
Your ILR BRP copy
your ILR Approval letter copy

Include a secure delivery prepaid envelop for return of birth certificates.

After that passport, (Registration certificate, photos, form, payment etc). However IPS prefers to have different photo than used in MN1 or any other prior application.

You should be able to get UKBA/IPS specification photos from India. Otherwise get a hi-res digital photo (2 sets each, in different clothes), and follow instructions at epassportphoto.com (free), print at a supermarket for 20p each.
Hi
My case is also same. As i read in your previous post that we dont need to tell in the application that where the children are.

My child went to India before me and wife got PR. Now i want to bring back child.

Could you able to confirm whether we have to send baby passport or not?
In the application form they asked the details of the residency (Address) in the UK (from and to date).
In that do we need to mention the where they are>

Thanks in advance

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

2) yes, why not?
I dont think you can because the requirement for the referees is to know the child in person, so it says on MN1.