ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I switch from PSW to Tier 4?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajek01

Can I switch from PSW to Tier 4?

Post by ajek01 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi guys, I came in the UK on student visa on 03/08/2004. I continued staying on student visa until 03/09/2011 ( I have completed 12 papers of ACCA along with the Oxford Brooks BSc in Applied Accounting degree). Currently I am on PSW till 07/09/2013.
My question is:
Can I switch back to tier 4 on MSc / MBA for a one year course. this will also mean I will complete my 10 years to be eligible for ILR in August 2014.

Your replies will be really appreciated.
Many thanks

z18runway

Re: Can I switch from PSW to Tier 4?

Post by z18runway » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:50 pm

ajek01 wrote:Hi guys, I came in the UK on student visa on 03/08/2004. I continued staying on student visa until 03/09/2011 ( I have completed 12 papers of ACCA along with the Oxford Brooks BSc in Applied Accounting degree). Currently I am on PSW till 07/09/2013.
My question is:
Can I switch back to tier 4 on MSc / MBA for a one year course. this will also mean I will complete my 10 years to be eligible for ILR in August 2014.

Many thanks
There is a limit set by ukba of 8 years total studying on tier 4 visa. i dont think you can study more

check this link

esic_sonia
BANNED

Re: Can I switch from PSW to Tier 4?

Post by esic_sonia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 pm

ajek01 wrote:Hi guys, I came in the UK on student visa on 03/08/2004. I continued staying on student visa until 03/09/2011 ( I have completed 12 papers of ACCA along with the Oxford Brooks BSc in Applied Accounting degree). Currently I am on PSW till 07/09/2013.
My question is:

Many thanks
I think the best bet for you is Tier 1 Entrepreneur. If you are married, you can put your spouse as main applicant and become her dependent. This way, you will be allowed to work fulltime anywhere in the UK.

If you apply via Venture Capital firm, you will only have to open a company after getting visa (in the next six months). Plus, there are no restrictions on the type of business you can do.
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------