ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sahib

Life in UK Test

Post by Sahib » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi,
I have booked life in uk test for 7th March for myself and 23 March for my wife.
I am planning to move home on 25th Feb. I have entered the current home address at the time of booking.
My question is, do i need to update home address on life in uk website as soon i move house?
One of the requirement of the test is, i have to bring utility bill or bank statement. If i update new address on life in uk website on 25th Feb i will not be able to get new bill at the time of test. Can i attend test with old address and take utility bill/bank statment of previous address?
Does anybody know how old a bill/bank statement need to be for the purpose of test?

Thanks
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

If you are moving then you can buy the Royal mail redirection service that can deliver your old address items/documents at your new address without actually changing your old address.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

jojybaba

Re: Life in UK Test

Post by jojybaba » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02 pm

nothing come through post so donot worry for old one

and keep in mind,,,if you showing your banck statement as address ID,,,never show internet print,,,they donot accept,,it is personal exp,,,and for new adress even just bank letter also not acceptable so only bank statment or bill whihc you can't get for your new address,,however after passing,,you can than let them know

Sahib wrote:Hi,
I have booked life in uk test for 7th March for myself and 23 March for my wife.
I am planning to move home on 25th Feb. I have entered the current home address at the time of booking.
My question is, do i need to update home address on life in uk website as soon i move house?
One of the requirement of the test is, i have to bring utility bill or bank statement. If i update new address on life in uk website on 25th Feb i will not be able to get new bill at the time of test. Can i attend test with old address and take utility bill/bank statment of previous address?
Does anybody know how old a bill/bank statement need to be for the purpose of test?

Thanks

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Like jojybaba said, you don't get anything through post.
I'd personally suggest you to keep your address as it is and when going for test, take your proof of address for that address and ID that you've registered.

Once passed, they'll give the certificate there and then.
Goodluck.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 pm

[iD] wrote:Like jojybaba said, you don't get anything through post.
I'd personally suggest you to keep your address as it is and when going for test, take your proof of address for that address and ID that you've registered.

Once passed, they'll give the certificate there and then.
Best option. Do not get into the farse of changing address, if you do so you will need to take a proof which you wont have. Just stick to the old address

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Take bank Statement/Credit Card Statemen/,Utility Bill, 1 month old with your old address. Don't complicate matters by trying to change your address.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks
Good luck with your exam.

Sahib

Life in UK Test

Post by Sahib » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks all for your valuable replies.

Sheraz7, do you know how to buy royal mail redirection service i.e. where to contact and how? Do i need anything to prove new address?
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 am

Sahib wrote:Thanks all for your valuable replies.

Sheraz7, do you know how to buy royal mail redirection service i.e. where to contact and how? Do i need anything to prove new address?
Here is the link http://www.royalmail.com/personal/recei ... edirection

Also it might not be a bad idea to use Internet search before hand.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:56 pm

@sahib
You can buy royal mail redirection service either by visiting your local post office or can buy it online from royal mail website.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Sahib

Life in UK Test

Post by Sahib » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Dear all,

I went for the Life in UK test and passed.

As mentioned previously, I moved home just few days before the test and could not get anything as a proof of address. So i took bank statement of previous address and sat in test (this is the same address i registered my test).

After i recipt the result card, i noticed they mentioned 'Current Post Code' on the result card which is actually not my current post code as of test date. On the ILR application, you have to tell previous addresses; and the post code mentioned on result card will not be current accoring to the dates of my current & previous address on the application form.

My question is, will this result card with 'previous post code' mentioned under 'current post code' on test result card be acceptable at the time of ILR application or can be any problem if I submit this test result card with application?

Thanks in advance

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Sahib wrote:Dear all,

As mentioned previously, I moved home just few days before the test and could not get anything as a proof of address. So i took bank statement of previous address and sat in test (this is the same address i registered my test).

After i recipt the result card, i noticed they mentioned 'Current Post Code' on the result card which is actually not my current post code as of test date. On the ILR application, you have to tell previous addresses; and the post code mentioned on result card will not be current accoring to the dates of my current & previous address on the application form.

My question is, will this result card with 'previous post code' mentioned under 'current post code' on test result card be acceptable at the time of ILR application or can be any problem if I submit this test result card with application?

Thanks in advance
Congratulations.Well done.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks in advance
I don't understand how your new address will appear in your Pass Certificate. It will only show your address you have registered for the Test,ie your old address.

alex68

Post by alex68 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks in advance
I don't understand how your new address will appear in your Pass Certificate. It will only show your address you have registered for the Test,ie your old address.
Dear
there's no problem at all
the important thing is your name only,(should be the same as showing in your ILR or any Home office documents )
wish you all the best.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:29 am

Thanks
Honestly, I don't see any problem with that. As long as your name and ID matches the details you're fine.
If you're that worries, you can always say (when someone ask) that you were still in the process of moving houses.
Goodluck.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks all for your replies.