ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUSAL TO ISSUE A RESIDENCE CARD (No Further Basis of Stay)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Help5

Post by Help5 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Frei i am spot on
I know what i am talking about

Help5

Post by Help5 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm

What part of a law you dont understand frei

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Help5 wrote:Frei i am spot on
I know what i am talking about
Could you supply a link to support your claim?

A job seeker is considered a worker under EU law if they continue to seek employment in the host member state, up to 6 months and perhaps more but this does not give their family member the right to be issued a residence card
Last edited by frei on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Help5 wrote:What part of a law you dont understand frei
Well perhaps you should ask yourself that question help5, do not mislead the OP

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 pm

frei wrote:EHIC card is only valid for a temporary visit, it is in place for EU citizens holidaying in different member states, in case they fall ill whilst away or an accident, they can be treated in that member state and will not have to pay for the treatment themselves.

So your partner providing an EHIC card might mean he is only resident in the UK temporarily.
Which cancels the purpose of applying for residence card... Or not? He travels a lot. Is that considered a temporary stay?

I just don't think that I have that amount of money for CSI...

This is all so stressful. Waited for more than 6 months and it's only getting worse.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:09 pm

I am sorry you are in this position fatefull, could he not suspend all travel and get a job for you to get your residence card sorted before embarking on travels? He wouldn't like you to be threatened with removal order.

Speak with your man to get a job and you can then make your residence card application without the need to get a CSI.

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 pm

frei wrote:I am sorry you are in this position fatefull, could he not suspend all travel and get a job for you to get your residence card sorted before embarking on travels? He wouldn't like you to be threatened with removal order.

Speak with your man to get a job and you can then make your residence card application without the need to get a CSI.
But even if, they ask for 3 months employment, with a letter and payslips.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm

It doesn't have to be 3 months payslips, a payslip backed by the employee letter will be sufficient. Before UKBA issue residence card they usually call the employer to confirm if the EEA national is still employed by them.

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:40 pm

frei wrote:It doesn't have to be 3 months payslips, a payslip backed by the employee letter will be sufficient. Before UKBA issue residence card they usually call the employer to confirm if the EEA national is still employed by them.
And if not? It has to be a 6-month employment?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:40 pm

It is important that the OP understand that their status is completely dependent on the activities of their spouse.

If an EU national complies with the terms of article 6 of directive 2004/38/EC then their family members can be with them.