ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where can I get free consulation about tier 2 general?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

Where can I get free consulation about tier 2 general?

Post by JS28 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi All,

I have been advised to seek adviose from a solicitor but I cannot afford it :( Does anyone know any solicitor where I can get free consulation or advise?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm

An immigration forum.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Lucapooka wrote:An immigration forum.
Thank you for responding. The forum is very helpful but sometimes no one replies :(

Can anyone please help me here?

I am going to apply for tier 2 visa. I am switching from PSW visa, have a sponsor who has a licence.

I looked at the SOC code for my Job which is available at:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I am getting confused here, in the SOC code it says:

This occupation code refers to further education teaching professional posts that require registration with the Institute for learning in England.
All jobs in this occupation code are at or above NQF level 6.

I am unqualified teacher doing teacher training which will be completed this July so I do not have a registration with the Institue for Learning in England but I will have it soon.

I was thinking of writing a covering letter explaining my situation.

What does anyoen think? :(

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 pm

What is your SOC code?

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm

jibri wrote:What is your SOC code?
MY SOC code is 2312 and my job role is FE Teacher.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

JS28 wrote: MY SOC code is 2312 and my job role is FE Teacher.
I think you are unqualified lecturer as mentioned in the list

If you can't register with Institute for learning in England as unqualified(confirm from them) and they mentioned in list which means you are eligible as unqualified usually the skill level means your skill on that level not you have to educated to be at that level

I hope it may help and wait for other experts you can even try to contact UKBA

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 pm

jibri wrote:
JS28 wrote: MY SOC code is 2312 and my job role is FE Teacher.
I think you are unqualified lecturer as mentioned in the list

If you can't register with Institute for learning in England as unqualified(confirm from them) and they mentioned in list which means you are eligible as unqualified usually the skill level means your skill on that level not you have to educated to be at that level

I hope it may help and wait for other experts you can even try to contact UKBA
Thank you very much for your reply. I am registered as an Affiliate member doing teacher training. I am not sure whether this is okay.

Do you know which number I can contact UKBA?

Thank you

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:42 pm

If you're not a qualified teacher then at this time I don't see that you qualify to be issued a Tier 2 CoS. The sponsor should confirm this or discuss it with UKBA on 0300 123 4699.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:53 pm

The Station Agent wrote:If you're not a qualified teacher then at this time I don't see that you qualify to be issued a Tier 2 CoS. The sponsor should confirm this or discuss it with UKBA on 0300 123 4699.
Yes but why would they have qualified and unqualified sections in the SOC? Also, I am doing a teacher training and a member of Institue for learning...so what's wrong with this?

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:53 pm

The Station Agent wrote:If you're not a qualified teacher then at this time I don't see that you qualify to be issued a Tier 2 CoS. The sponsor should confirm this or discuss it with UKBA on 0300 123 4699.
As far as I know main thing is job you doing should match the SOC code you are educated to that level or not doesn't matter like code 2421 it says qualified accountant but part qualified accountant can use that code as long as person doing the task mentioned please correct me if I am wrong

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:57 pm

JS28 wrote:
Yes but why would they have qualified and unqualified sections in the SOC? Also, I am doing a teacher training and a member of Institue for learning...so what's wrong with this?
I think you should contact UKBA

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:58 pm

jibri wrote:
As far as I know main thing is job you doing should match the SOC code you are educated to that level or not doesn't matter like code 2421 it says qualified accountant but part qualified accountant can use that code as long as person doing the task mentioned please correct me if I am wrong
Hi Jibiri,

Thats what I thought as well :s can anyone please correct us if we're wrong?

Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:55 am

jibri wrote:
JS28 wrote:
Hi Jbri,

i contacted UKBA and they said that I should contact teh office of national statistics?

Also, I work 37 hours each week. What do UKBa accept 37 or 37.5?

Please help me :'(

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm

JS28 wrote:
jibri wrote:
JS28 wrote:
Hi Jbri,

i contacted UKBA and they said that I should contact teh office of national statistics?

I have read yesterday as well the skill level does'nt mean that you should be educated to that level but the work you do

make sure the task you doing match the relevant code and as I told you before try to contact the regulating body and ask them this should'nt be problem

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 pm

jibri wrote:
JS28 wrote:
jibri wrote:
JS28 wrote:
Hi Jbri,

I have read yesterday as well the skill level does'nt mean that you should be educated to that level but the work you do

make sure the task you doing match the relevant code and as I told you before try to contact the regulating body and ask them this should'nt be problem
Thank you. Do you know the email add of ukba? In that way I can email them and have a proof?

Thanks

Bicgatepc02
Newly Registered

Post by Bicgatepc02 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 am

It could be like this. Let us say, If UKBA's salary specification for an "Engineer" is 20K for a 37.5 hrs week and if your company's general working hours are 40 hours a week and if you are paid 20 k for "Engineers" role that would not match UKBA's requirement. It has to be £21,332.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 am

I worked as an unqualified teacher completing the GTP programme last year. As long as you are paid above the equivalent of 20,000 for 37.5 pro rata (as long as you work above 30 hours per week) you will be fine.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:36 pm

physicskate wrote:

I worked as an unqualified teacher completing the GTP programme last year. As long as you are paid above the equivalent of 20,000 for 37.5 pro rata (as long as you work above 30 hours per week) you will be fine.
Hi Kate,

Thanks for replying. I am currently doing 37 hours per week and getting paid £23,996 annually. Can you please tell me what sort of documents did you send to UKBA?

I am thinking of sending the following:
1.) Degree certificate
2.) Bank Book and letter from bank
3.) 2x picture
4.) Bank statement showing income
5.) Copy of UCOS from employer
6.) LEtter of employment
7.) Letters from tutor stating that I am currently on a DTLLS course

Have I missed anything? Also, which guidance should I be using to check the correct SOC code for FE teacher?

Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm

JS28 wrote: Hi Kate,

Thanks for replying. I am currently doing 37 hours per week and getting paid £23,996 annually. Can you please tell me what sort of documents did you send to UKBA?

1.) Degree certificate
3.) 2x picture
6.) LEtter of employment

Have I missed anything? Also, which guidance should I be using to check the correct SOC code for FE teacher?

Thanks
Think that sounds more than enough. You are on PSW, so they know about your degree. Letter of employment is covered by your CoS. Income is also confirmed by employer in your CoS. You must must must include proof of maintenance, 2 photos your passport and your CoS number and info (this MUST match what your employer says). The application form will let you know about anything else you need!

Soc Codes or education professionals: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm

physicskate wrote:

1.) Degree certificate
3.) 2x picture
6.) LEtter of employment

Thanks
Think that sounds more than enough. You are on PSW, so they know about your degree. Letter of employment is covered by your CoS. Income is also confirmed by employer in your CoS. You must must must include proof of maintenance, 2 photos your passport and your CoS number and info (this MUST match what your employer says). The application form will let you know about anything else you need!

Soc Codes or education professionals: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Hi,

I have kept £900 in my savings account since September. I went to the bank to get it updated today but since I only made transaction till 22nd of Jan, it only shows from sept to 22nd of January. What shall I do to prove that i still have at least £900 in my acct? I am going for the premium service.

Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 pm

physicskate wrote:

1.) Degree certificate
3.) 2x picture
6.) LEtter of employment

Thanks

Hi Physicskate,

Did your employer mentioned that you were unqualified in the UCOS?

Thanks