ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing application UKBA - Does UKBA issue any letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ninipatel
Newly Registered

Withdrawing application UKBA - Does UKBA issue any letter

Post by ninipatel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I have applied for extension in AUG 2011. Now I want to withdraw my application, Will I be given any formal letter by UKBA that I have Withdraw my file, as my visa was expired during waiting for decision and want to go home. Will I be questioned by Indian Authority at Airport as my visa was already expired during the process of application.

Deviser

Re: Withdrawing application UKBA - Does UKBA issue any lette

Post by Deviser » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 pm

ninipatel wrote:I have applied for extension in AUG 2011. Now I want to withdraw my application, Will I be given any formal letter by UKBA that I have Withdraw my file, as my visa was expired during waiting for decision and want to go home. Will I be questioned by Indian Authority at Airport as my visa was already expired during the process of application.
Yes, UKBA will issue you a letter and some form. You will have all UK leaving documents in hand with your passport which you can show where you got any issue.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:33 am

Always remember to contact UKBA and request about progress of your case if your case have taken more than 6 months. It is better if the communication is written (letter or email) for future references.
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am

ninipatel wrote:i have requested UKBA for return of my passport on 4th Feb, which normally takes 2o working days. but now I want to withdraw my application, should I wait 20 days or Can I request to withdraw my application to UKBA. or I have to wait till first request will be completed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 am

Deviser wrote:Do you have any valid visa on your passport?

I think by making a return of passport request your already done that and your application treated as (automatically) withdrawn.

Return of documents
For all applications other than European and nationality applications, if you request the return of documents, your application will be automatically withdrawn and your application fee will not be refunded. For certain application types travel on an applicant's passport will invalidate the application and it would be deemed withdrawn.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:11 am

For those who are withdrawing their application because of pending decision, take a look at *********** company. They help you speed up your delayed or pending decision.

------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:24 am

esic_sonia wrote:For those who are withdrawing their application because of pending decision, take a look at *********** company. They help you speed up your delayed or pending decision.

who are this company regulated by? They are not solicitors and i can't see from their website that they are regulated by the Oisc either in which case i am a bit perplexed by their claim that they can speed up a decision from ukba where a solicitor or Oisc advisor would be unable to do so. Beware of unregulated entities making unsubstantiated claims.

hxclqd
Newly Registered

Post by hxclqd » Mon May 12, 2014 4:07 pm

How long does it take for the passport to come back once the application is withdrawn in Pune, India?

mattsammy0
Newly Registered

Post by mattsammy0 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:53 am

I m in the same situation as above i have a question regarding future,application does it effect if we withdrawn and return back to home country and then after some time apply again for tier 4 visa from home country as we withdrawn extension application after visa expired as its been under process with ukba does it count as overstay or it will be fine in future application

kxip_rocks
Newly Registered

Post by kxip_rocks » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi,

Did you get your passport and documents back yet?

My details are as follows -
1. Type of application: Switching
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from PSW to Tier 2 (General)
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 27/02/2014
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: -
5. Date application posted: 30/01/2014
6. Date application received at UKBA: 06/02/2014
7. Date payment debited: 06/02/2014
8. Payment mode : Debit Card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 07/02/2014
10. Biometric letter received: 07/02/2014
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 11/02/2014
12. Date of approval: Waiting
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: Waiting
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: Waiting
15. Date BRP received: Waiting

As you can see i've been waiting for a decision since 4.5 months now. Due to urgent travel needs I requested my documents to be returned on 21/05/2014 which also meant that i had to withdraw my application.

It's been 18 working days since the request but I still haven't received my passport (and other documents)! :(
(on the website it says 10 working days to get your documents back!)

Any suggestions on what I should do to get my passport back asap?

My previous leave to remain expired on 27/02/2014 and although I made an in-time application on 30/01/2014, I'm not sure if I have legal right to remain/work in UK due to their delays in giving a decision on my application AND delays in sending my passport back!