ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Can I Do? I Need Your Help.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DestinyChild

What Can I Do? I Need Your Help.

Post by DestinyChild » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 pm

I hold a EEA 2 Residence Card as the family member of a French Citizen. I am going to get married this year to my woman and she is back in my country of origin in Africa. The EEA National is my Cousin. I have learnt that under the EEA Rules, I can't sponsor someone to the UK. What this means is that I can't bring my woman to the UK to join me after marrying her. I was gutted when I was told I would not be able to bring my wife to the UK as I am dependant on the EU National.

I've been thinking of getting her visit visas to the UK to be with me for specific months of every year, until I get my PR. I am due for my PR in 2016. I know it would be stressful for us travelling about twice a year and I'm also thinking of what she might go through when she is pregnant. I have been given all sorts of advice by concerned people. I hold a Residence card. I work in the catering and hospitality industry currently. I have also gotten my SIA badge. I really don't want my woman and I to spend too much time apart :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What can I do? Is there any other route apart from the EEA route that my woman can use to come to the UK permanently? Has anyone on this forum been in this situation before? What did you do? I will cherish any good advice from the gurus and members of this forum. One thing is this. I want to keep living and working in the UK to get my PR and British Citizenship. We plan to marry in August 2013. Thanks for your advice in advance. Cheers.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

DestinyChild

Post by DestinyChild » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm

@sheraz7

Yeah, I know I have posted on this issue before on the board. I am just looking for other routes or ideas on how my wife can be with me on a temporary basis until I acquire my PR. Thanks for your concern. Stay Blessed.