ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa for my Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Oxford

Family Visit Visa for my Parents

Post by Oxford » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 am

Hello Everyone,

** Excuse my long post but I think you need Full info before you answer***

First of all I would like to say big THANKS for this great forum. I just need your help once again, This board has been a great help in my previous Visa applications (Tier 1 and Spouse).

I am currently on Spouse Visa living with my son and wife(Both British National). We are thinking to invite my Mom & Dad to visit us here in the UK.

Our Details: We own a three bedroom terraced house, I am working full time and my wife is working part time. our combined income is around 30k per annum.

Parent Details: My father is 63 year old and retired teacher. He has got other means of income, as he has got many acres of land. My Mom is 52 year old and house wife.

PLEASE FIND MY QUESTIONS BELOW AND IF SOMEONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY QUESTION, THAT WILL BE GREAT HELP.

1. As I am on spouse visa, Can I sponsor them on my own or shall we sponsor together / or just my wife sponsor letter would be fine???

2. One sponsorship letter is fine or do we need to send two separate invitation letters.

3. My father pension is coming into his bank account and he has got his pension book. He has got his statement for last three months but his statement shows a lodgement of £13K about two weeks ago. WOULD THAT BE A PROBLEM THAT HE HAS GOT LUMP SUM AMOUNT JUST BEFORE HIS APPLICATION, DOES HE NEED TO CLARIFY SOMEWHERE???

4. As I mentioned above that my father has got many acres of land. SHALL WE ATTACH HIS PROPERTY DOCUMENTS WITH THEIR APPLICATION???

4. I have got my last 3 month payslips/ last 3 month wife payslips and 1 month statement on my name and one joint statement, sponsor letter, property deed on my and my wife name, Council tax bill, Copies of our passport and my BRP copy......DO WE NEED ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS FOR THEIR APPLICATION?????

Thank you in Advance Guys.......!!!!

Oxford

Re: Family Visit Visa for my Parents

Post by Oxford » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Any Answer Guys.......Please!!!!!

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:31 pm

It would help to know from which country yours parents will be applying ?

You can not sponsor your parents as family visitor if you do not have settled status in UK e.g ILR, British citizen. However your spouse can sponsor your parents as in-laws because your spouse is British National.

many ECO Will require you to explain large sum of money . For your question on supporting document please visit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

Regards,
tipu

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 am

Oxford wrote:Hello Everyone,

** Excuse my long post but I think you need Full info before you answer***

First of all I would like to say big THANKS for this great forum. I just need your help once again, This board has been a great help in my previous Visa applications (Tier 1 and Spouse).

I am currently on Spouse Visa living with my son and wife(Both British National). We are thinking to invite my Mom & Dad to visit us here in the UK.

Our Details: We own a three bedroom terraced house, I am working full time and my wife is working part time. our combined income is around 30k per annum.

Parent Details: My father is 63 year old and retired teacher. He has got other means of income, as he has got many acres of land. My Mom is 52 year old and house wife.

PLEASE FIND MY QUESTIONS BELOW AND IF SOMEONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY QUESTION, THAT WILL BE GREAT HELP.

1. As I am on spouse visa, Can I sponsor them on my own or shall we sponsor together / or just my wife sponsor letter would be fine???

2. One sponsorship letter is fine or do we need to send two separate invitation letters.

3. My father pension is coming into his bank account and he has got his pension book. He has got his statement for last three months but his statement shows a lodgement of £13K about two weeks ago. WOULD THAT BE A PROBLEM THAT HE HAS GOT LUMP SUM AMOUNT JUST BEFORE HIS APPLICATION, DOES HE NEED TO CLARIFY SOMEWHERE???

4. As I mentioned above that my father has got many acres of land. SHALL WE ATTACH HIS PROPERTY DOCUMENTS WITH THEIR APPLICATION???

4. I have got my last 3 month payslips/ last 3 month wife payslips and 1 month statement on my name and one joint statement, sponsor letter, property deed on my and my wife name, Council tax bill, Copies of our passport and my BRP copy......DO WE NEED ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS FOR THEIR APPLICATION?????

Thank you in Advance Guys.......!!!!
You will need to explain the money which has come into his account? What was the balance trend before this large sum came into the account?

Yes you father needs to show his property in India and basically he needs to satisfy the officer that he has strong ties with his motherland/country he resides which will be enough to satisfy the officer that his intentions are to go back. Economic and social ties.

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:08 pm

tipu20 wrote:It would help to know from which country yours parents will be applying ?

You can not sponsor your parents as family visitor if you do not have settled status in UK e.g ILR, British citizen. However your spouse can sponsor your parents as in-laws because your spouse is British National.

many ECO Will require you to explain large sum of money . For your question on supporting document please visit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

Regards,
tipu

Thank you for the reply. they will be applying from Pakistan.

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 pm

How should we explain that??? As i mentioned that my Dad has got many acres of land, He has got this money for the crops which he sold in December. Balance trend is very odd. Sometime account has got couple of thousand rupees and sometime 10 to 15 hundred thousand rupees.

He has got his property registration documents on his name, do we need to get any other property related documents???

Thanks