ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student PGD holder can switch to Tier 2 ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 4 Student PGD holder can switch to Tier 2 ?

Post by janinah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Hello everybody,

My one of colleague, who is currently on tier 4 student visa. His visa will be expired by aug'13. Currently, he had post graduate diploma (level7) from edexcel. He is looking for work permit from our company. Our company doesn't have any problem at all to sponsor him. He is working at sales department. Company can show him as sales manager with £35,000 appropriate salary. That doesn't problem.

Problem is..... Is his qualification acceptable for tier 2 visa ?

It will be very helpful for him, if any experienced member can let me know about it .

Thanks in advanced....

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Student PGD holder can switch to Tier 2 ?

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 pm

janinah wrote:Hello everybody,

My one of colleague, who is currently on tier 4 student visa. His visa will be expired by aug'13. Currently, he had post graduate diploma (level7) from edexcel. He is looking for work permit from our company. Our company doesn't have any problem at all to sponsor him. He is working at sales department. Company can show him as sales manager with £35,000 appropriate salary. That doesn't problem.

Problem is..... Is his qualification acceptable for tier 2 visa ?

It will be very helpful for him, if any experienced member can let me know about it .

Thanks in advanced....

His qualification is pretty much irrelevant. He just needs to have finished it... or completed at least one year of a PhD...

It is his job title that is the important thing. Why don't you get your 'friend' to ask his questions here? His job needs to most closely match a job which is at or above NQF 6. The company is responsible for assigning him a code for his job. They need to ensure his job meets the requirements for being sponsored.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:27 pm

read para 16 of the T2 policy guidance

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm

manci wrote:read para 16 of the T2 policy guidance
best advice

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 Student PGD holder can switch to Tier 2 ?

Post by janinah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:26 pm

His qualification is pretty much irrelevant. He just needs to have finished it... or completed at least one year of a PhD...

It is his job title that is the important thing. Why don't you get your 'friend' to ask his questions here? His job needs to most closely match a job which is at or above NQF 6. The company is responsible for assigning him a code for his job. They need to ensure his job meets the requirements for being sponsored.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

He works both sales & stock managent team in our office. And, I found Sales manager suitable for his role which is NQF6.

My colleague actually not too advanced user of Internet. He asked my help to find out some information him. As I know this place, I told him I may help him to find some info...

Anyway, thanks again for your reply

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I read that one already. It says about bachelor & postgraduate degree. Actually, I am confused is his post graduate diploma acceptable or not. He had overseas Bachelor degree & uk post graduate diploma.
Sorry, but is his this qualification enough for tier 2 & Sales Manager Job title.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 pm

A post graduate diploma is not a post graduate degree, so your friend would not be able to switch from tier 4 to tier 2.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:01 am

janinah wrote:
I read that one already. It says about bachelor & postgraduate degree. Actually, I am confused is his post graduate diploma acceptable or not. He had overseas Bachelor degree & uk post graduate diploma.
Sorry, but is his this qualification enough for tier 2 & Sales Manager Job title.
You are confusing two things:

The requirements for switching from T4 to T2G are clearly described in para 16 of the T2 policy guidance. He either meets them or not.

If he meets the switching requirements there are no further educational requirements for the sponsor assigning a CoS to him as sales manager and him applying for leave to remain. Read para 64 of the T2 policy guidance

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:31 am

manci wrote:
janinah wrote:
You are confusing two things:

The requirements for switching from T4 to T2G are clearly described in para 16 of the T2 policy guidance. He either meets them or not.

If he meets the switching requirements there are no further educational requirements for the sponsor assigning a CoS to him as sales manager and him applying for leave to remain. Read para 64 of the T2 policy guidance
Thanks for your reply.

Yes? 64 para really helpful.
But, I m still confused about post graduate diploma. As I understood postgraduate diploma at level 7 which is higher than level 6 of bachelor degree and at same level of post graduate degree, which means his degree acceptable according to para 16. Isn't it ?
I think you understand where my confusion stucked....

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 am

unless his bachelor degree is UK recognised he cannot switch from T4 to T2G

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am

manci wrote:unless his bachelor degree is UK recognised he cannot switch from T4 to T2G
Thanks manci.

UK bachelor degree or uk recognised bachelor degree ?

He had Bachelor degree from his country Bangladesh. Then he completed on top of his that degree post graduate diploma (level7) here in UK. I hope, as he got post graduate diploma in UK, which must recognised his previous bachelor degree isn't it ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 am

janinah wrote:[UK bachelor degree or uk recognised bachelor degree ?
para 16 of guidance.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 am

manci wrote:
para 16 of guidance.
Hahaha....same answer again.

You know, if ukba asked UK bachelor degree or Post Graduate degree according to para16, then why they recognised ACCA part 1, part 2 which are not even bachelor degree at all.

I think, they mentioned bachelor & post graduate degree in para16 of guidance to indicate the level of qualification they accept.

Let me know, if I am wrong.

And, please share your view on the issue.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:23 am

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:52 am

janinah wrote:
manci wrote:
para 16 of guidance.
Hahaha....same answer again.

You know, if ukba asked UK bachelor degree or Post Graduate degree according to para16, then why they recognised ACCA part 1, part 2 which are not even bachelor degree at all.

I think, they mentioned bachelor & post graduate degree in para16 of guidance to indicate the level of qualification they accept.

Let me know, if I am wrong.

And, please share your view on the issue.
you are wrong. The rules are very clear and only the specific qualifications listed will do. Professional qualifications of equivalent level do not count. The qualification must either be a UK recognised bachelors degree or post graduate degree and it must have been completed during his last grant of leave or a period of continuous leave which includes his last grant of leave.

What this means is that

1)post graduate diplomas do not count
2) bachelors degrees studied outside the UK are irrelevant

Your friend cannot switch

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 am

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:03 pm

On a slight side note - was this qualification what his Tier 4 was for? Was it studied full time? What was (is) the duration of the course?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 pm

physicskate wrote:

On a slight side note - was this qualification what his Tier 4 was for? Was it studied full time? What was (is) the duration of the course?
sorry i am not really sure how that is relevant to the discussion. The op is confused enough as it is.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks Greenie.

Yes, you r right.

So, I think I will advised my colleague tomorrow to get a post graduate degree before apply for tier 2.

As, our company willing to sponsor him, he can switch next year anyway.

Thanks again Greenie.