ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(TIER1 G) TO ILR (DEPENDENT TIME OUT SIDE OF THE UK RULES)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clyde276
Newly Registered

(TIER1 G) TO ILR (DEPENDENT TIME OUT SIDE OF THE UK RULES)

Post by clyde276 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:46 am

I am looking for some help to find out what is the criteria for dependent to stay outside of the UK on Tier 1 General basis;

My wife joined me in the UK in May 2010 and she was outside of the UK for 60 days between 19th March 2012 to 20th April 2012 and now planning to visit her family again in March for 2 months.

My ILR is due in November 2012 (on Tier 1 G)

My Question is the criteria for a dependent to stay outside of the UK?
Is it different from the main applicant?

Thanks

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:38 am

There is no absence restriction for dependants. She is perfectly fine as long as you have the cohab docs.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.