ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian marrying a Swede, advice please!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tgak
Newly Registered

Australian marrying a Swede, advice please!

Post by tgak » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Hello everyone. So my girlfriend and I will be wed in about two weeks, the marriage is taking place in London!

We both live here together and my visa (youth mobility) will expire in mid-May.

We would like to both continue living together in the London. Here is my list of questions:

Which visa should I be applying for as she is an EU resident?
And will I have to leave the UK for this application?
She has only been living here for four or five months, does she need to let the UK know that she is living here permanently to make my immigration process smoother?
And as she is EU, she doesn't have to be earning a certain amount to support me does she, unlike if she was a UK passport holder?

Thanks in advance for your help!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 pm

If she is a qualified person, then you may apply for confirmation of residence after marriage.

See also Begum (EEA - worker - jobseeker) Pakistan [2011] UKUT 275 (IAC) (13 July 2011).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

frei
BANNED

Re: Australian marrying a Swede, advice please!

Post by frei » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 am

[quote="tgak"[Hello everyone. So my girlfriend and I will be wed in about two weeks, the marriage is taking place in London!

We both live here together and my visa (youth mobility) will expire in mid-May.

We would like to both continue living together in the London. Here is my list of questions:
Which visa should I be applying for as she is an EU resident?
You do not apply for visa from within the country, you apply for residence permit, in your case it's called a residence card.
And will I have to leave the UK for this application?

No
She has only been living here for four or five months, does she need to let the UK know that she is living here permanently to make my immigration process smoother?
It is also not necessary
And as she is EU, she doesn't have to be earning a certain amount to support me does she, unlike if she was a UK passport holder?
You are correct, no stipulated amount.

Thanks in advance for your help!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 pm

After your wedding anytime you can apply for your confirmation of residence right called EEA2 Residence Permit. For EEA2 your EEA partner need to excercise its treaty rights study,working,self sufficient, self employed etc. None of you need to leave. Thats correct that under EEA LAW there is no earning/saving threshold.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS