ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice needed please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alish60

Urgent advice needed please

Post by Alish60 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I have a friend, he recently applied for Irish citizenship on the base of beeing married to an Irish citizen, now his relationship is coming to the end, My question is, what happens if his relationship ends? is he not eligible for naturalization anymore he is no longer in relationship with his wife?
any advice is most appreciated.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:22 am

He has applied for citizenship based on marriage to an Irish national for 3 years and that the crucial point that matters.
The major part of marriage to an Irish national is that She agrees to sign the statutory declaration which in his case, she did signed it.

Depending on how INIS check backgrounds for Spouse of an Irish National and their Irish partner, this may or may not be used against him in making the decision based on his application.

Most people may believe that he married her for citizenship and now he applied for one wants to get ride of her. That is the general stereotypical image of Spouses of an Irish nationals.

If there is no divorce or separation agreement for now, then his is more than likely to be assessed fairly and not based on his current relationship issues
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 am

On top of what has already been mentioned, I would say it also depends on your friend's current relationship with his wife. If they are in very bad terms and to 'hurt' him she decides to write INIS a letter and explain they are about to get sepearated; I would assume it could seriously compromise the application as they could say the marriage is not legitimate anymore.

So the question is can he go through another year (probably less, but 1 year to be safe) without having the actual divorce pronounced or is wife getting angry and trying to compromise the application?