ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bereaved partner

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mamakofosi
Newly Registered

Bereaved partner

Post by Mamakofosi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 am

My friend came as a dependant to her husband with her kids. Unfortunately, her husband died here in December 2010 and was buried here.
Now they applied for their indefinite leave to remain last year march and they were refused in November 2012 on the basis that the principal applicant is late and she is not in another relationship.
My question is, since the husband was buried here, they were not suppose to be refused. What can she do? Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 am

The decision is correct as her only tie to the UK was her late husband.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mamakofosi
Newly Registered

Bereaved Partner

Post by Mamakofosi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 am

mulderpf wrote:The decision is correct as her only tie to the UK was her late husband.
Please, advise on what she can do. She can't go back to nigeria as this means that the children would not have access to pay homage to their father's graveyard. Though her appeal is in progress what l want her chance of winning the appeal as she is so devastated. Thanks.

Mamakofosi
Newly Registered

Re: Bereaved Partner

Post by Mamakofosi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 am

Mamakofosi wrote:
mulderpf wrote:The decision is correct as her only tie to the UK was her late husband.
Please, advise on what she can do. She can't go back to her country this means that the children would not have access to pay homage to their father's graveyard. Though her appeal is in progress what l want her chance of winning the appeal as she is so devastated. Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Mamakofosi wrote:
Please, advise on what she can do. She can't go back to nigeria as this means that the children would not have access to pay homage to their father's graveyard. Though her appeal is in progress what l want her chance of winning the appeal as she is so devastated. Thanks.
Sorry if this seems insensitive, but I do not understand how the place where someone is buried, ties all their relatives down to that place. The argument is simply not very strong - does that really mean that she will forever live within a commutable distance from her husband's grave?
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:48 pm

mulderpf wrote:
Mamakofosi wrote:
Sorry if this seems insensitive, but I do not understand how the place where someone is buried, ties all their relatives down to that place. The argument is simply not very strong - does that really mean that she will forever live within a commutable distance from her husband's grave?
I agree with mulderpt, sorry to hear about your friend's late husband, but your friend woldnt be given a leave to remain here based on the reason you have stated. THere is no provision in UK immigration law or even in Human Rights Law that the family have a right to stay locally to their late partner's grave :(