ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

getting worried now

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moogle333
Newly Registered

getting worried now

Post by moogle333 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:03 pm

My wife has just applied for her spouse visa in Durban, South Africa. it was posted last Monday (26th Feb 07) and we havn't heard anything yet.

does anybody have a rough idea on how long a spouse visa application should take in South Africa?

mads

Post by mads » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi there
I applied for my spouse visa and received it back within two weeks. I did use an agency as they have slots with the BHC and the staff assured me that most of their applications are accepted at face value as they check everything throughly before sending it off.and they ensured that I had enough evidence to back up my application. When I got my passport back they had stamped it for the expiry date of my passport in 2015.
I hope that you have a positive reply soon.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:35 am

My (now ex) wife's spouse visa took 2-3 weeks back in 2001. She also posted from Durban.

After about 10 days she took to phoning them daily, but I dont know if that helped.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:56 am

This is getting worse i've just heard that they are investigating her case. She had a previous application turned down.

I keep trying to ring the embasy but it just rings for 2 min then hangs off