ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Indian passport renewal by Single parent

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Child Indian passport renewal by Single parent

Post by anjalimaj » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Hello All,

My son is less than 15 years old and his passport is due to expire in 1 year and we both are on Tier-1 visa.
In case of applying by post as single parent, what documents do I need to send, in addition to the below:

a. Son's passport(s) Original
b. BRP Original
c. Photocopy of son's passports (First and Last pages) attested by me?
d. BRP photocopy attested by me?
e. My passports photocopies self attested
f. My BRP Self-attested
g. My divorce document stating I have the legal custody of my son - Original?
h. Affidavit stating I take legal responsibility for my son - It is mentioned in the website but I cant find a standard form?
i. His photographs

Can I send it for renewal as it has 11 months validity.
Should we go in person as this is special case? (It will be really easy for us to send by post as we are not staying close to any of the passport offices in UK)

My son wanted to remove his father's name from the passport and just leave my last name there as surname. Is it possible and will it have an effect on our Visa and BRPs?

Any help and details will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Anj

ap25912
Newly Registered

Post by ap25912 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm

HI anj,

Dis you post the application or go in person to submit the application. I am also wondering if I can submit my daughters passport renewal application by post.

Thanks

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Post by anjalimaj » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi, we have to go in person along with all documents - original and 1 photocopy.. They will consider as special case.. Hope this answers your question.