ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Visa Fees from 6th April 2013

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nehagharge

New Visa Fees from 6th April 2013

Post by nehagharge » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 am

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: New Visa Fees from 6th April 2013

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Thanks for sharing this. Seems like UKBA want all our savings as fees.

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:31 pm

We cant save anything in UK anyway :lol: ...

Government Tax , Council Tax , Road Tax , Value added Tax ..... and list goes on ....

:lol:

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:55 pm

rdamsel wrote:We cant save anything in UK anyway :lol: ...

Government Tax , Council Tax , Road Tax , Value added Tax ..... and list goes on ....

:lol:
list goes on, but people still tear in parts and make everything possible to stay here.

A soon as UKBA provides decent service I dont mind a fee hike. In fact for Tier 1 holders its just £45 fee rise, not a big deal to be honest. Although in 2012 the service UKBA provided with 6 months turnaround times on average was not worth even a penny.

UKBA hired additional staff now to deal withj the application log hence applications are decided sometimes even less than in a month (at least, mine was :P !) so I guess we have to pay for it now :D

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Not a big deal if you're on your own. ILR increase approximately 30% for a main applicant + depedant going PEO route. Dependant fees seem to have increase 58% and then there's the new £100 charge they brought in (which is good, but should have formed part of the fee).

Claiming it's in line with inflation is ludicrous and an outright lie. Anyone with a dependant will see a steep increase in costs.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

zabiela

Post by zabiela » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 pm

mulderpf wrote:Not a big deal if you're on your own. ILR increase approximately 30% for a main applicant + depedant going PEO route. Dependant fees seem to have increase 58% and then there's the new £100 charge they brought in (which is good, but should have formed part of the fee).

Claiming it's in line with inflation is ludicrous and an outright lie. Anyone with a dependant will see a steep increase in costs.
That was my first thought when i saw this.

This need to flagged and dealt with, afterall 'price-rises' in this country are regulated in most cases by authorities and agencies like ofcom (in telecom for example) are there to make sure prices are fair and not abrupt. So, why's immigration an exception?

I for one will be writing to my MP about this as this is getting crazy.

intelinside
Pakistan

Post by intelinside » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

zabiela wrote:
mulderpf wrote:Not a big deal if you're on your own. ILR increase approximately 30% for a main applicant + depedant going PEO route. Dependant fees seem to have increase 58% and then there's the new £100 charge they brought in (which is good, but should have formed part of the fee).

That was my first thought when i saw this.

This need to flagged and dealt with, afterall 'price-rises' in this country are regulated in most cases by authorities and agencies like ofcom (in telecom for example) are there to make sure prices are fair and not abrupt. So, why's immigration an exception?

<b>I for one will be writing to my MP about this as this is getting crazy.</b>
Yes, this increase is too much. We should create a similar website to this (http://www.afairtaxonflying.org/) where we can write to our MP about this.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

For a family of 3, the new visa fee for Tier 1 extension will be almost 5,000 pounds. Add to this the cost of initial application and of other extensions, the cost of ILR application, cost of naturalization, all taxes without any entitlement to benefits, and the net positive contribution to the Exchequer will be huge. But hey, for the British press, it is so much more exciting to report on immigrants who come to the UK to leech on its "generous benefits", so why bother reporting on us?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:11 pm

'These increases are mostly in line with inflation and will ensure that the UK continues to welcome the brightest and the best. It is only right that those who use and benefit from the immigration system should contribute more than the UK taxpayer.'

As per UKBA...I am just the messenger :lol:
Manka

aayushd
Newly Registered

Reasons ....

Post by aayushd » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:19 pm

This is balanced against the need to ensure that
the UK continues to attract and welcome the ‘brightest and best’ migrants from around
the world and those that make a valued contribution to British society
Is earning and ability to pay VISA fee the only deciding factor for the ‘brightest and best’ migrants? Why not make edication and experience as a criteria?
These increases are mostly in line with inflation and will ensure that the UK continues to welcome the brightest and the best. It is only right that those who use and benefit from the immigration system should contribute more than the UK taxpayer.
We are not earning in UK and living somewhere else. We are also tax payers and affected by inflation.
ensuring the UK Border Agency continues to provide a world class service

6 months sitting on the passport you call as a world class service?

maintaining a fees structure that does not inhibit the UK's ability to continue to attract those businesses, migrants and visitors who most benefit the UK
This statement is just the opposite of the action taken[/b]

zabiela

Post by zabiela » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Somebody has already put an e-petition in:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/30313

Edit: nevermind this is an old petition closing on 27.02