ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent ext together or separately to save money?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Tier 1 Dependent ext together or separately to save money?

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for my Tier 1 Visa extension before 6th April 2013 with two dependent. I have looked at the dependent form and apparently it is cheaper to apply separately i.e. Fee is 750 if you apply together and 561 otherwise.

Is it ok for me to apply for my extension on lets say 22nd March and apply for my dependent on 25th March? Can you see any complications in this? Has any body done this before?

Many Thanks
Last edited by UKBALoveStory on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 Dependent ext together or separately to save mone

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 am

tahirnaveed wrote:Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for my Tier 1 Visa extension before 6th April 2013 with two dependent. I have looked at the dependent form and apparently it is cheaper to apply separately i.e. Fee is 750 if you apply together and 561 otherwise.

Is it ok for me to apply for my extension on lets say 22nd March and apply for my dependent on 25th March? Can you see any complications in this? Has any body done this before?

Many Thanks
any body?

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Tahir,

Same question as mine ... havent got the answer from a senior yet.

However I am sure that Applying Later only applies if the main applicant already has an extended visa.

So if u apply 25th - u will have to wait for ur extended visa to come n then apply for ur dependants for them to get a visa like yours.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm

kyborg99 wrote:
However I am sure that Applying Later only applies if the main applicant already has an extended visa.
Nope, I don't think so. Can I ask from where you got this impression?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 pm

This is what document says..

WHAT iS THE FEE For THE APPlicATioN?
The applicable fees for an application made on this form, the fee is £561 for applications made by post or courier, or £867 for applications made in person at our Public Enquiry Offices (PEO), unless you are applying for leave to remain at the same time as the main applicant, when a different fee is payable.

JoiNT rATES For EligiBlE DEPENDANTS.
If you are applying at the same time as the main applicant, different fees are payable. These are set out in the table below. Different rates are payable if:
• you are the spouse, civil partner, unmarried
or same-sex partner, or child under 18 of
the main applicant.
• your application is made at the same time
as the main applicant’s application.

To assist in the processing of the application, you are advised to send any dependant applications in the same envelope as that of the main applicant.

Still confused :(

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi

Strictly speaking ur right. R u going in person or postal? If PEO its 200% fine assuming u have got ur decision that same time.

If ur going postal I am not sure if its a good idea. Not sure how UKBA will treat ur dependant application. Is it worth taking the gamble?

Again there is no mention in application for dependant asking for main applicants current visa information.

My suggestion is this gamble is not worth it

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi,

After reading through the dependent application form, I see there is a question which asks as follows:

M1; Are you applying for leave at the same time as the PBS main applicant that you are dependant upon?

The answer is a Simple Yes or No. (You will be Answering No). Then you need to go Question M4:

M4; Has the PBS main applicant received notification that their application has been successful? (ht)

The answer could be Yes or No depending upon Main Applicants Outcome.

So I think you should just apply just yourself @ PEO and then apply for your dependants or alternatively apply all at the same time.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 pm

karg_g wrote:Hi,

After reading through the dependent application form, I see there is a question which asks as follows:

M1; Are you applying for leave at the same time as the PBS main applicant that you are dependant upon?

The answer is a Simple Yes or No. (You will be Answering No). Then you need to go Question M4:

M4; Has the PBS main applicant received notification that their application has been successful? (ht)

So I think you should just apply just yourself @ PEO and then apply for your dependants or alternatively apply all at the same time.
Imagine this,

You are the main applicant and your visa is going to expire on lets say 1st March 2013, you have got one dependent with same visa expiry date. Now on 1st Feb you have applied for extension (postal) for yourself as your dependent needs his/her passport to travel outside UK on 3rd Feb and will be back to UK on 20th Feb.

Now its 25th Feb 2013 and you have not received your renewed BRP. Now what you will do? so hypothetically (I think) main applicant and dependent can apply separately.

But I am still looking for some one who has done this and got success.

Thanks

parvaiz_iqbal
Newly Registered

I think it should be ok to apply seapratly

Post by parvaiz_iqbal » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 pm

My friend applied for Post study work in April 2012 and his visa was to expire in August 2012. he waited until the last day if he received his reply but he haven't. Then he applied his wife visa with his acknowledgement letter and a cover letter that he applied and haven't received any reply in 4 months. Later on he received both visas sapratly first he received his visa and later on about 2 months he received his wife dependent visa as well. its very stupid that the fee is higher if apply together ....its opposite

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: I think it should be ok to apply seapratly

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm

parvaiz_iqbal wrote:My friend applied for Post study work in April 2012 and his visa was to expire in August 2012. he waited until the last day if he received his reply but he haven't. Then he applied his wife visa with his acknowledgement letter and a cover letter that he applied and haven't received any reply in 4 months. Later on he received both visas sapratly first he received his visa and later on about 2 months he received his wife dependent visa as well. its very stupid that the fee is higher if apply together ....its opposite
Thanks for your response parvaiz.

fslateef

Re: I think it should be ok to apply seapratly

Post by fslateef » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm

parvaiz_iqbal wrote:My friend applied for Post study work in April 2012 and his visa was to expire in August 2012. he waited until the last day if he received his reply but he haven't. Then he applied his wife visa with his acknowledgement letter and a cover letter that he applied and haven't received any reply in 4 months. Later on he received both visas sapratly first he received his visa and later on about 2 months he received his wife dependent visa as well. its very stupid that the fee is higher if apply together ....its opposite
Keep in mind that from 6th April 2013 (new fees); separate dependents fees will be same as main applicant (this means significantly more than what you pay together). At the moment fees for separate dependents is less than together.

Sarfi

Post by Sarfi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi Tahir,

I am facing the same situation; can we exchange views and help each other please call me 07913034731. Thanks
tahirnaveed wrote:
karg_g wrote:Hi,

Imagine this,

You are the main applicant and your visa is going to expire on lets say 1st March 2013, you have got one dependent with same visa expiry date. Now on 1st Feb you have applied for extension (postal) for yourself as your dependent needs his/her passport to travel outside UK on 3rd Feb and will be back to UK on 20th Feb.

Now its 25th Feb 2013 and you have not received your renewed BRP. Now what you will do? so hypothetically (I think) main applicant and dependent can apply separately.

But I am still looking for some one who has done this and got success.

Thanks