ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW on ACCA Fundamental Papers

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

affiliate

Immigraton rules

Post by affiliate » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 pm

We need to look through the documents in the Parliament to see what Immigration rules were applicable at the time of making the application, as UKBA said there wont be any changes to the immigration rules regarding PSW as it is now closed.

I know the HO urgently presented some changes in the Parliament, so we need to find out how far back the invalid rules or guidance have been going for.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: Immigraton rules

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm

affiliate wrote:We need to look through the documents in the Parliament to see what Immigration rules were applicable at the time of making the application, as UKBA said there wont be any changes to the immigration rules regarding PSW as it is now closed.

I know the HO urgently presented some changes in the Parliament, so we need to find out how far back the invalid rules or guidance have been going for.
yah if those rules were existing when we applied then why in alvi case SC decision was against HO which stating all the rules should come through the parliment not from the press conference...

affiliate

Post by affiliate » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I dont know if it is all the rules or part of it or just guidance the HO needed to amend.
Some one need to look into it.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Immigraton rules

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm

hassan5805 wrote:
affiliate wrote:We need to look through the documents in the Parliament to see what Immigration rules were applicable at the time of making the application, as UKBA said there wont be any changes to the immigration rules regarding PSW as it is now closed.

yah if those rules were existing when we applied then why in alvi case SC decision was against HO which stating all the rules should come through the parliment not from the press conference...
The PBS had immigration rules (laid before parliament) and guidance (not laid before parliament).

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/docs/UKS ... dgment.pdf

The link Greenie has posted is to the archived immigration rules.

This topic was started a year ago. I cannot believe this still needs to be explained.

ssunny1985

Post by ssunny1985 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Pepperpusher and greenie is right rules were present that time. This is the reason acca student keep losing cases. But home office is gonna lose in JR. Because JR and appeal is totally different things.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 pm

What about the rationality ?? on one side they are accepting Uk naric equiva certificate for work permit people but not accepting Uk naric for psw.. why ?? both are work permit and both should b treated same way isnt?? another debate of fairness why honourable judiciary hve allowed thousands of the cases on the basis of acca but why not now?? why home office not changlgd those cases in UTT but doing now?? With due respect Paperpusher and Greenie you do hve knowledge better than us but you only seeing the one side why dont you cme across other side.. HO left loads of flaws when they were doing aggressive stoppage of immigration.. Please help us to find the way nit scrutinised us.. we hve been victamised because a lot of ppl won cases i hve personally seen them and i am sutlre you hve seen too.., Policy guidence itself rule becuase its transaltion if rules.. dont forget they hve mentioned the word Level in thier guidence isnt?? wat is the difference between Level, Equivalent i think nothing but why its hard to explain thm.. i know one thing we all will be succed at the end all we need some goid barriester like Zane who can point out these points.. well you can also see the latest Fairness case for student then why not fairness for psw..i sm really hoping we will get justice by honourable judges..

a2yousaf
Newly Registered

lets unite

Post by a2yousaf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 pm

PLZ LIKE PAGE: PSW Appeal CASES (on fb)

http://www.facebook.com/PswAppealCases? ... ppealCases

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:24 pm

hassan5805 wrote:What about the rationality ?? on one side they are accepting Uk naric equiva certificate for work permit people but not accepting Uk naric for psw.. why ?? both are work permit and both should b treated same way isnt?? another debate of fairness why honourable judiciary hve allowed thousands of the cases on the basis of acca but why not now?? why home office not changlgd those cases in UTT but doing now?? With due respect Paperpusher and Greenie you do hve knowledge better than us but you only seeing the one side why dont you cme across other side.. HO left loads of flaws when they were doing aggressive stoppage of immigration.. Please help us to find the way nit scrutinised us.. we hve been victamised because a lot of ppl won cases i hve personally seen them and i am sutlre you hve seen too.., Policy guidence itself rule becuase its transaltion if rules.. dont forget they hve mentioned the word Level in thier guidence isnt?? wat is the difference between Level, Equivalent i think nothing but why its hard to explain thm.. i know one thing we all will be succed at the end all we need some goid barriester like Zane who can point out these points.. well you can also see the latest Fairness case for student then why not fairness for psw..i sm really hoping we will get justice by honourable judges..
Work permits, Tier 1 General, Tier 2 and Tier 1 PSW are all different schemes.

Some schemes are for people educated outside the UK, hence different qualifications are allowed.

Alvi states that it is the rules that count, not the guidance.

Please read this determination and what the judge says about the use of the word "level" in the guidance:
Neither the Immigration Rules nor the Secretary of State’s guidance state that the required qualification can be either equivalent, or comparable, to a UK recognised degree. The relevant requirement under the Rules is clear and unambiguous. The requisite points can only be given if an applicant has been awarded a “UK recognised degree” at Bachelors level or above. The guidance itself provides, at paragraph 59, that professional and vocational qualifications cannot be used to obtain the award of points unless they fall within those qualifications listed in paragraph 53. The qualifications listed in paragraph 53 of the guidance merely reflect those set out in Table 10 to the Immigration Rules. The Secretary of State’s guidance does not set out a more beneficial position for applicants.
http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Upload/j25 ... kistan.doc

I know some people will have had their appeals allowed. That doesn't mean everyone will, nor that they are entitled to have their appeals allowed. That is the way the legal system in the UK works. Judges are free to make their own minds up, free from influence and interference, even though that may mean that their decisions differ. That is why there is an onward appeals system too, in case a Judge makes an error in their legal reasoning.

The appeal to fairness, and the claim of victimisation seems to me to misunderstand the English and Welsh legal system.

Frankly, it also seems a very childish type of argument when people are talking about going to the Supreme Court and Strasbourg.

If you want Zane Malik, then go for it. But I am pretty sure, although he is very very good and may even be the best, that not every case he has represented he has won. Zane Malik probably will not be able to magic up an allowed appeal for you based on foot stamping and cries of "s'not fair"

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: lets unite

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 pm

a2yousaf wrote:PLZ LIKE PAGE: PSW Appeal CASES (on fb)

http://www.facebook.com/PswAppealCases? ... ppealCases
That appeal has actually been won.

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Upload/j25 ... _nepal.doc

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Zane Malik wrote:Blake J has granted permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal from his decision in Khatel: http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... nepal.html ….
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 pm

vinny wrote:
Zane Malik wrote:Blake J has granted permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal from his decision in Khatel: http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... nepal.html ….
So not over yet then for those students who were awarded their qualification after the PSW scheme closed.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:56 am

PaperPusher wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:What about the rationality ?? on one side they are accepting Uk naric equiva certificate for work permit people but not accepting Uk naric for psw.. why ?? both are work permit and both should b treated same way isnt?? another debate of fairness why honourable judiciary hve allowed thousands of the cases on the basis of acca but why not now?? why home office not changlgd those cases in UTT but doing now?? With due respect Paperpusher and Greenie you do hve knowledge better than us but you only seeing the one side why dont you cme across other side.. HO left loads of flaws when they were doing aggressive stoppage of immigration.. Please help us to find the way nit scrutinised us.. we hve been victamised because a lot of ppl won cases i hve personally seen them and i am sutlre you hve seen too.., Policy guidence itself rule becuase its transaltion if rules.. dont forget they hve mentioned the word Level in thier guidence isnt?? wat is the difference between Level, Equivalent i think nothing but why its hard to explain thm.. i know one thing we all will be succed at the end all we need some goid barriester like Zane who can point out these points.. well you can also see the latest Fairness case for student then why not fairness for psw..i sm really hoping we will get justice by honourable judges..
Work permits, Tier 1 General, Tier 2 and Tier 1 PSW are all different schemes.

Some schemes are for people educated outside the UK, hence different qualifications are allowed.

Alvi states that it is the rules that count, not the guidance.

Please read this determination and what the judge says about the use of the word "level" in the guidance:
Neither the Immigration Rules nor the Secretary of State’s guidance state that the required qualification can be either equivalent, or comparable, to a UK recognised degree. The relevant requirement under the Rules is clear and unambiguous. The requisite points can only be given if an applicant has been awarded a “UK recognised degree” at Bachelors level or above. The guidance itself provides, at paragraph 59, that professional and vocational qualifications cannot be used to obtain the award of points unless they fall within those qualifications listed in paragraph 53. The qualifications listed in paragraph 53 of the guidance merely reflect those set out in Table 10 to the Immigration Rules. The Secretary of State’s guidance does not set out a more beneficial position for applicants.
http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Upload/j25 ... kistan.doc

I know some people will have had their appeals allowed. That doesn't mean everyone will, nor that they are entitled to have their appeals allowed. That is the way the legal system in the UK works. Judges are free to make their own minds up, free from influence and interference, even though that may mean that their decisions differ. That is why there is an onward appeals system too, in case a Judge makes an error in their legal reasoning.

The appeal to fairness, and the claim of victimisation seems to me to misunderstand the English and Welsh legal system.

Frankly, it also seems a very childish type of argument when people are talking about going to the Supreme Court and Strasbourg.

If you want Zane Malik, then go for it. But I am pretty sure, although he is very very good and may even be the best, that not every case he has represented he has won. Zane Malik probably will not be able to magic up an allowed appeal for you based on foot stamping and cries of "s'not fair"
Again who does the interepretation of rules?? Policy guidence itself a rule because its interpretation of rules by HO.. We cannt say that rules are differ than policies.. You guys have your own opinion..

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:58 am

PaperPusher wrote:
vinny wrote:
So not over yet then for those students who were awarded their qualification after the PSW scheme closed.
I am pretty sure that these guys will get thier PSw who got degree aftr 5Th april coz HO have allowed permission but they dont hve any prove to over rule this decision and they are going to loose again in COA

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:59 am

vinny wrote:
I know Zane is the best but he charge also best fees aswell.. I will go myself and prove that .. Inshalla

mohisumon
Newly Registered

Need some advice for JR

Post by mohisumon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm

UT Didn't give me permission......
Should i go for JR or is there anything I can do ???
Advice me please
Thanks

khansforpeace
Newly Registered

Re: Need some advice for JR

Post by khansforpeace » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm

mohisumon wrote:UT Didn't give me permission......
Should i go for JR or is there anything I can do ???
Advice me please
Thanks
Now u can go directly to COA, and apply for right of Appeal. U can't, as such, go for JR. U have to go for appeal in COA.

Court of Appeal

An application to the Court of Appeal must be made using form N161, and must be made within 14 days of service of the decision of the Upper Tribunal refusing or granting permission to appeal.

The application is to be sent to:

The Civil Appeals Office
Room E307
The Royal Courts of Justice
Strand
London WC2A 2LL

I have given the form link below. If u have a lawyer he will sort this out for u, if not u can fill this form and send it yourself to the above address, within 14 days of the date of refusal from UTT not to give appeal right to COA.

http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/CourtForms/n161.pdf

If u r doing it by urself, make sure u read the guidance for this form and do take care in every step u take. Good Luck.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Please write in English.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 pm

duplicate post

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3
Administrator wrote:The language of this board is English, and any posts not in English are liable to be deleted without notice
I know this is not because there is any personal feeling against other languages, but that moderators need to be able to understand posts.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 pm

PaperPusher wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3
Administrator wrote:The language of this board is English, and any posts not in English are liable to be deleted without notice
I know this is not because there is any personal feeling against other languages, but that moderators need to be able to understand posts.
okay tht s fine Paperpusher Fair enough..we will try our best nxt time..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 am

I have deleted the posts that weren't written in English. If these continue the thread will be closed. Please read the forum Terms and Conditions.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Casa wrote:I have deleted the posts that weren't written in English. If these continue the thread will be closed. Please read the forum Terms and Conditions.
Dont delete the thread we all shud communicate in english..

ssunny1985

Post by ssunny1985 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Greenie wrote:Please write in English.
Greenie what is the majore difference between JR and simple appeal.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:12 pm

ssunny1985 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Please write in English.
Greenie what is the majore difference between JR and simple appeal.
whoever visa left they dont get appeal right but they can apply strai to the court of appeal for JR and whoever visa finished they get appeal right through to the tribunal...555

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 pm

any news guys?? anywz one of my friend permission refused by UTT judge i wonder wat option he has now.. guys plz suggest ?? he is very tense.. i dont knw why everything going against us ..