ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How case will be strong

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

libra302
Newly Registered

How case will be strong

Post by libra302 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi,
I am applying for tier 1 entrepreneur n i already have 6 bands ielts score,i attached third party bank statement of my uncle...Here query arise in my mind that how the magnetic way that my case becomes strong?
1. whether i have to apply alone or my uncle becomes my partner ?
2. My uncles is US National n i also wana ask that its cmpulsory for US national to do ielts ?
3. A man of 68 years old can apply for tier 1 or not ?
4. Is possible that one can apply from pakistan on US passport for UK ?
we want to start a fast food business..please provide necessary information in this regard.thanx in advance
Last edited by libra302 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 am

samz98

Post by samz98 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:25 am

i think there is no need for US citizen to do ielts however, if you hold all your genuine documents then it doesnt make difference if u apply alone or in team

libra302
Newly Registered

Post by libra302 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Can someone please answer my questions ?

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:44 pm

There are different ways to acquire Entrepreneur Visa. I will discuss two most common options with you.

1) Sponsor funds of £200,000 (£50,000 for PSW)
  • For PSW's £50,000, open a registered company within 90 days before filing application.
    For £200,000, open a company after getting visa (within six months)
    Must have a business plan, have marketing, advertisement and research material in hand (They can ask you during visa process)
    Must also show that you have a contract in hand.
    For PSW holders, they also have to open a Graduate Business at NQF Level 4 or above
    Maintenance Funds for 90 days (£900 or £2800)
    UKBA can ask for anything, such as proof of access to £50,000 of funds, or proof that clients are paying you in Business Account.
    Tier 4 Students cannot apply via Sponsor Route.
2) Venture Capital Firm's funding of £50,000
  • Open a registered company after getting visa (within the next six months)
    Must have a business plan, have marketing, advertisement and research material in hand (but do not have to submit, as you have not opened a company yet, but you must have it with you)
    No need to show a contract, as no company have been formed yet
    No restriction on NQF Level 4 Business. Have a Freedom to run any type of Business.
    UKBA cannot ask for your funds, because UK based VC firm have already sponsored you. Everything has to be done in 6 months (so, you have more time to form a startup company)
    Only Passport, Visa, Maintenance Funds for 90 days and English Proficiency (English Certificate with B1 or above or UK Bachelor's Degree or above)
    Tier 4 Students can only apply via Venture Capital Firm

It's always better if you apply alone. You can use your uncle's sponsor money, but then UKBA can ask you to send proof of funds ... during the time when your visa is in process. They just want to confirm if you have held funds or not. With VC, there's no point asking because funds are with UK Based VC firm and you will get six months after visa to get access to it.

Now, age is not mentioned, but 18 years or above is generally required for doing business.

A US national is from a majority English speaking country, therefore he automatically qualifies for 10 points in English.

A US national applying from Pakistan is only possible if he has spent some considerable amount of time in Pakistan. Generally, two team members can file an application if one is in UK and other is at home country.

In my view (and in light of the points I have mentioned above), VC is the much better option.
Last edited by BlackBirdSSG on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

libra302
Newly Registered

Post by libra302 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:12 pm

@BlackBirdSSG Can u please explain me about Venture Capital,how can i apply for that,what's the procedure to apply for that ?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:
    Must have a business plan, have marketing, advertisement and research material in hand (but do not have to submit, as you have not opened a company yet, but you must have it with you)
    No restriction on NQF Level 4 Business. Have a Freedom to run any type of Business.
    UKBA cannot ask for your funds, because UK based VC firm have already sponsored you. Everything has to be done in 6 months (so, you have more time to form a startup company)
    Only Passport, Visa, Maintenance Funds for 90 days and English Proficiency (English Certificate with B1 or above or UK Bachelor's Degree or above)
A million dollar question is' How to get venture capital funding approved?

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:21 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:There are different ways to acquire Entrepreneur Visa. I will discuss two most common options with you.

• Open a registered company within 90 days before filing application.
    Must have a business plan, have marketing, advertisement and research material in hand (They can ask you during visa process)
    For PSW holders, they also have to open a Graduate Business at NQF Level 4 or above
    UKBA can ask for anything, such as proof of access to £50,000 of funds, or proof that clients are paying you in Business Account.

It's always better if you apply alone. You can use your uncle's sponsor money, but then UKBA can ask you to send proof of funds ... during the time when your visa is in process. They just want to confirm if you have held funds or not. With VC, there's no point asking because funds are with UK Based VC firm and you will get six months after visa to get access to it.

Now, age is not mentioned, but 18 years or above is generally required for doing business.

A US national is from a majority English speaking country, therefore he automatically qualifies for 10 points in English.

A US national applying from Pakistan is only possible if he has spent some considerable amount of time in Pakistan. Generally, two team members can file an application if one is in UK and other is at home country.

In my view (and in light of the points I have mentioned above), VC is the much better option.
1) Sponsor funds of £200,000
  • Open a registered company within 90 days before filing application. -> Wrongly said -> please refer uk ba policy guidence -> This needs to be done before six months after visa approval.
    Must have a business plan, have marketing, advertisement and research material in hand (They can ask you during visa process) - This is at the discretion of case worker request.Not mandatory
    Must also show that you have a contract in hand -> Not required to show .

Please go through policy guidance before giving any info on 200k funds.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

la wrote:
BlackBirdSSG wrote:There are different ways to acquire Entrepreneur Visa. I will discuss two most common options with you.

• Open a registered company within 90 days before filing application. -> Wrongly said -> please refer uk ba policy guidence -> This needs to be done before six months after visa approval.
    Must have a business plan, have marketing, advertisement and research material in hand (They can ask you during visa process) - This is at the discretion of case worker request.Not mandatory

Ok. I was right about Venture Capital route ... but just made some mistakes on Sponsor route. I'll correct that here & in my main post.

1) For PSW's £50,000 funds only, 90 days rule apply. For £200,000, venture capital, one has to register a company after getting visa (within six months)

2) Even though it's at the discretion of case worker's request, don't you think it's better to have a business plan, marketing and research material in hand so that you are better prepared when asked for an interview?

3) They have asked someone (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=) in this forum about more details during visa processing phase. Obviously, you cannot have a contract if you don't have a company, so this only imply on PSW's £50,000 ones.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:
la wrote:

Ok. I was right about Venture Capital route ... but just made some mistakes on Sponsor route. I'll correct that here & in my main post.

1) For PSW's £50,000 funds only, 90 days rule apply. For £200,000, venture capital, one has to register a company after getting visa (within six months)

2) Even though it's at the discretion of case worker's request, don't you think it's better to have a business plan, marketing and research material in hand so that you are better prepared when asked for an interview?

-> yes but not mandatory - You said it is mandatory which is wrong - I am talking from UK BA policy guidance

3) They have asked someone (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=) in this forum about more details during visa processing phase. Obviously, you cannot have a contract if you don't have a company, so this only imply on PSW's £50,000 ones. - > this does not apply for 200k funds