ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting help for EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swordfish
Bangladesh

Requesting help for EEA FP

Post by swordfish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 am

deleted
Last edited by swordfish on Thu May 30, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 am

An EEA family permit can be post dated (for up to three months) and is valid for six (check for yourself whether this is still current as things can change).

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 am

The embassy will know everything so no point to try to hide it, both with my wife had similar situation, the application for FP is very different to schengen one, and most of ECO's dealing with them are approaching those applications with prejudice to immigration control of UK. In your case where you were deported they may want to see if your marriage is of convenience.

You may want to think about applying for schengen visa and then relocating to UK, I regret me and my wife hadn't done this in the first place.

By the way did your wife register your marriage in Latvia? it may be good idea to do that if she didn't.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:An EEA family permit can be post dated (for up to three months) and is valid for six (check for yourself whether this is still current as things can change).
Thanx for ur kind information. If u r correct, then i need to postponed my application. hope something may change.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 pm

deleted
Last edited by swordfish on Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:23 pm

swordfish i didn't mean that you should live in Latvia, my point is that you can apply to any EU country and then travel by land to UK and get 2 months residence stamp.

Also registering in Latvia your marriage can be done most likely by family of your wife there you send marriage certificate translated to her language with authorization letter from her, but if you think you don't need it that's fine.

Good that you have much evidence, but I think it may not be enough. We are even together here in the Philippines for 8 months now and it didn't mean anything to a woman who dealt with my wife's application.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm

They knew all about my history that i had traveled to Philippines before we met, and made some most ridiculous allusion to that without actually explaining what it all meant. Like I had no right to visit Philippines before I met my wife :-)

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Pablito wrote:They knew all about my history that i had traveled to Philippines before we met, and made some most ridiculous allusion to that without actually explaining what it all meant. Like I had no right to visit Philippines before I met my wife :-)
Pablito if you have some savings you can get your wife a schengen visa under the directive, and when you are in the schengen area, request the EEA family permit for your spouse.

I know someone whose wife came to Germany from Africa on a 2 weeks EU spouse visa, 3 weeks after they submitted an application for EEA family permit, and was granted without problem.

Plus you will be closer to the UK from Schengen and can experiment entering without visa

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 pm

deleted.
Last edited by swordfish on Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Schengen rules doesn't necessarily means your first point of entry should be the country that has issued your visa.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:55 pm

frei wrote:
Pablito wrote:They knew all about my history that i had traveled to Philippines before we met, and made some most ridiculous allusion to that without actually explaining what it all meant. Like I had no right to visit Philippines before I met my wife :-)
Pablito if you have some savings you can get your wife a schengen visa under the directive, and when you are in the schengen area, request the EEA family permit for your spouse.

I know someone whose wife came to Germany from Africa on a 2 weeks EU spouse visa, 3 weeks after they submitted an application for EEA family permit, and was granted without problem.

Plus you will be closer to the UK from Schengen and can experiment entering without visa

Frei, thank you for your advise I think this is what we will be trying to do but really without applying for fp, since I have much distrust for the way they handle applications. I hope one day justice will come upon this country for breaching the Law of EU systematically I may say.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:01 pm

swordfish wrote:
wt*.... seriously? how they can do like this? looks like its not so simple how i was thinking. I und your point about schengen visa. but to enter uk by land only possible from france i think. so i need schengen visa for france (according to schengen visa rules i must to apply that embassy where i will go first in schengen territory). so france no reason to give me visa according to my previous immigration history. If i get schengen visa for latvia then i must to fly there first then to france. which is very much expensive.

first we contact to Latvian embassy in greece to register our weeding. they told only copy of marriage certificate and passport copy required. when we send them this they told it need to be attested from Latvian embassy to use in Latvia (we told them before also that we married in Bangladesh not in EU) and for this they need original copy of marriage certificate. we can send by post but the fact is how we can get back? and if its lost in post? we are just scared. now my wife is waiting for day off from job to go greece in morning and come back in night,so she can do this by person. thats why we late to register in Latvia.
I think whichever country you will apply for what will really matter is how much it will cost you to get to UK. If you can afford few more pennies to pay for your land trip.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:06 pm

swordfish wrote:we married in bangladesh. in cyprus we live together around 1.5 years untill they deport me.
You were living together in Cyprus? Why did they deport you? That seems odd.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
swordfish wrote:we married in bangladesh. in cyprus we live together around 1.5 years untill they deport me.
I was illegal that time. sorry i should have mention this before.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 pm

swordfish wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
I was illegal that time. sorry i should have mention this before.
In what way were you illegal? Were you not married to an EU citizen and living with her at the time?

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 am

deleted