ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xiaozhu

Re: Congrats!

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 am

shendean wrote:It looks like September an October applicant getting their visa now..
WHAT ABOUT AUGUST!???
Application recieved: 24 August 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 29 August
BM letter dated: 18 November 2012 (arrived 21 November 2012)
BM given: 22 November 2012
Documents and BRP received: 7 March 2013

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 am

Maybe Shendean meant September/October bios? I hope so. I'm a September still waiting (feel like a broken record now).

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 am

Yeah that would make more sense. Sigh. I'm going to Singapore for work in a week's time, going to have to leave my husband behind...

In all honesty I am considering taking legal action against the UKBA - for distress/inconvenience, breach of contract and loss of earnings. I will need to investigate this but it may be possible.

shendean

Post by shendean » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 am

i know what u feel guys. im waiting as well. i dont know why sept an oct is getting thier documents back.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Waiting times

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 am

melbgirl wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

Has anyone else noticed they have changed the waiting times page recently? Didn't this use to be a table with the different visas and the estimated time? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

nice one, Xiazhu, have a look and tell me where does it say it will be processed within weeks. its upto 6 Months, 6 months it is minimum

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:50 am

innocentdevil, can I just ask why you insist on bothering Xiaozhu? Is it so hard to be supportive of someone who's expressed that they've been put in a difficult situation?

It says 95% of applications will be completed within 6 months, not that 95% will take at least 6 months (or more). It is only outliers that are intended to take that long and as I said, I have quotes from 2011 applicants who were told by the UKBA that average processing time is 14 weeks. Also, from FOI requests we know that their internal target in 2012 can be measured in weeks (specifically, 65% of postal applications to be completed within 20 days of biometrics, the guidelines for which state that they should be sent out within 2-4 weeks of receiving an application). Do your research, and stop being a bully. "Innocent" devil indeed.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am

Jaymac wrote:My wife (September applicant) got her docs back a couple of weeks ago. The application was decided under the new rules which we are pretty sure is wrong due to the fact that she entered the UK from Canada on a fiancée visa in April 2012.

At this stage we're thinking of just sucking it up and dealing with it given the shambolic situation at the UKBA but it means we'll be out of pocket for another FLR visa in 2 years.

Has anyone else been considered under the wrong rules and done anything about it?

Might just go back to Ireland and walk into the garda station to pick up a visa on the spot for her - sick of the UKBA's contempt for human beings.
I think you have a case to remain on the old rules. Not sure how you go about rectifying it as could take ages. I also started on a fiance visa in April 2012 but only applied in August 2012 because I was married after 9th July. I assume I am on the old rules and if not then I will be interested to know how you tackle your situation.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

shendean

Got my husband passport today!

Post by shendean » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:03 am

Hello!

I Requested my husband passport on Feb14.. And just arrived today date (feb22). and they dont need it back.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 am

It says 95% of postal applications WITHIN 6 months.

In addition to this I have been repeatedly quoted (by UKBA staff, on the phone) that they aim to send out a BM letter within 6 weeks of the date of receipt of the application, and to make a decision within 4 weeks of the BM details being enrolled in 65% of cases.

Clearly this is not happening.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 am

Jaymac wrote:Has anyone else been considered under the wrong rules and done anything about it?
You may consider to lodge a complaint by selecting the option in bold from the below and explain your situation. Hopefully they may ask you to send the BRP card and amend the permit. You got to correct this as soon as possible.
If you want to complain about the services that we provide (or that are provided on our behalf), or if you want to complain about the professional conduct of our staff and contractors, please make your complaint as soon as possible. We will not normally investigate allegations of misconduct more than 3 months after the incident occurred.
What type of comment or complaint do you want to make? wrote: Please select from the list below.
I am unhappy about a decision on an application which was made in the UK, and I want the decision to be reconsidered
I am unhappy about a decision on an application which was made abroad, and I want the decision to be reconsidered
I was refused entry to the UK when I arrived at the UK border, and I want to appeal
I want to report someone who I believe is an illegal immigrant or working in the UK illegally
I want to report someone who I believe is involved in smuggling
I want an update on the progress of an application
I want an update on the progress of an asylum claim
I want to complain about a passport application
My goods or vehicle have been seized, and I want to appeal or request restoration
I am unhappy about the standard of service received from the UK Border Agency (other than in the categories listed above)
I am unhappy about the professional conduct of UK Border Agency staff or contractors
I want to make a comment or complaint about this website
I want to contact the UK Border Agency about something else
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ESUSA
Newly Registered

Flrm processing times

Post by ESUSA » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 pm

I thought they are doing applications in Biometrics order:( whatttt is going on!!!!!!

App: 28/09/12
Bio letter: 12/12/12
Bio taken: 12/12/12
Documents: waiting
BRP: waiting

2 year extension applicant, I have been married to a Bristish Citizen for 6 years and this is my 3rd time applying. This normally takes 4-6 Weeks to complete:( so sad! Therefore, I can honestly say, having a "straight forward" application does not help!

luckyjinx

Re: Flrm processing times

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 pm

ESUSA wrote:I thought they are doing applications in Biometrics order:( whatttt is going on!!!!!!

App: 28/09/12
Bio letter: 12/12/12
Bio taken: 12/12/12
Documents: waiting
BRP: waiting

2 year extension applicant, I have been married to a Bristish Citizen for 6 years and this is my 3rd time applying. This normally takes 4-6 Weeks to complete:( so sad! Therefore, I can honestly say, having a "straight forward" application does not help!
You've applied for 3 FLR(M)s? Why not just apply for ILR and be done with it?

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Apparently my case worker is in training and the reason it's taking so long is that they basically have to get everything signed off by another more senior caseworker. Great.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:Apparently my case worker is in training and the reason it's taking so long is that they basically have to get everything signed off by another more senior caseworker. Great.

Was that what you were told when you called them ?

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm

It's what they told our MP's office. In some ways it's a good sign for other applicants - they have perhaps hired some more people. Not great news for us though.

curlyk
Newly Registered

Post by curlyk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 pm

[quote="DieselD"][quote="curlyk"]
We have a theory though, not sure its true... that possibly the straight forward applications are being processed by the new Temporary Immigration Team, who probabally have quite a lot of applications to get through, and are all likely to be the new guys (so slower), and that any application that requires further docs /questions, gets dealt with by the more experienced case-workers, who now have fewer in thier pile...and so are able to process quicker?
quote]

Possibly i was right, that they have hired more people and that they are the Temporary Immigration team, who are the new guys and therefore slower....?? Any straight forward cases are caught up here, while more complex ones go to the senior guys?

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Temporary Migration Team processes all FLR(M)s. It doesn't mean they're temp workers, and it's not a new team, it means they work on migration that is potentially temporary (you're on the settlement path but not yet applying for a settlement visa).

ETA:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 8.pdf.html

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:05 pm

luckyjinx wrote:innocentdevil, can I just ask why you insist on bothering Xiaozhu? Is it so hard to be supportive of someone who's expressed that they've been put in a difficult situation?

It says 95% of applications will be completed within 6 months, not that 95% will take at least 6 months (or more). It is only outliers that are intended to take that long and as I said, I have quotes from 2011 applicants who were told by the UKBA that average processing time is 14 weeks. Also, from FOI requests we know that their internal target in 2012 can be measured in weeks (specifically, 65% of postal applications to be completed within 20 days of biometrics, the guidelines for which state that they should be sent out within 2-4 weeks of receiving an application). Do your research, and stop being a bully. "Innocent" devil indeed.
I am not talking about last year. I am talking about now. there's nowhere it says that 14 weeks will be enough to process an application.

and I would say why do not you let the OP speak for herself. It seems like you are getting more bothered than the OP

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm not going to dignify your posts with any further responses innocentdevil, I really can't be bothered.

curlyk
Newly Registered

Post by curlyk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 pm

luckyjinx wrote:Temporary Migration Team processes all FLR(M)s. It doesn't mean they're temp workers, and it's not a new team, it means they work on migration that is potentially temporary (you're on the settlement path but not yet applying for a settlement visa).

ETA:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 8.pdf.html
Ahh! ok! so its "Temporary Migration" - Team, rather than "Temporary" Migration Team as i thought!

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:57 pm

I am a July applicant, similar to luckyjinx's timeline, and yet to receive my documents and visa returned to me.

My question on here today is whether I can actually request my passport back for CRB check purposes. I've been meaning to do this since last year, but held it back because I think somewhere written it said that if the applicant requests her/his passport back, the application is automatically withdrawn. I need to do this for my job. In order for me to continue providing services in the pharmacy (I work as a pharmacist), the local PCT would need me to do a CRB check (renewed every 3 years so I need to do one now) and for that they need to see my original passport! I gave them my driving license but they insisted my passport is still needed, and so they have been waiting for it since last year September. I really think I need to do it now, before things turn ugly.

Anyone on here knows if I could miraculously request for my passport back without having my application withdrawn? Or perhaps, any way around it?

p/s: UKBA is ruining my life.

Thanks!

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh dear... I don't think there is a way to do that. You don't have a certified copy of your passport? When I did a CRB they accepted a certified copy of my passport - that is stamped as a true copy of the original by a lawyer or a bank or other financial institution. Could you find out if they will accept a certified copy and then see if you can get hold of one from your bank? Banks usually take a copy of your passport when you open an account.

sarara
Newly Registered

Student Visa

Post by sarara » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi all,

I have applied to change my status from Student to FLR(M) - I applied in January and did the biometric mid Feb, so don't expect a response from UKBA anytime soon.

However, I have been offered a part-time job (18 hours a week). Someone here had directed me to a UKBA webpage a few days ago, to confirm that because my rights as a student are continuing, I am allowed to work park time, until I have a response to my FLR(M) application.

The workplace has asked for proof that I am allowed to work. I don't have my passport or old biometric card to hand. I do have a NI number, a copy of my biometric card (saying I'm a student allowed to work part time, but it expired 31/12/2012), and a letter from UKBA saying they have accepted my application for FLR(M). My plan is to provide them with these in conjunction with the UKBA link.

My question is - what do you guys think? Should this be enough? What else could I send them?

All suggestions welcome and very very appreciated!

Thanks!

ESUSA
Newly Registered

Post by ESUSA » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Because they changed the rules last year that you now have to take the life in the UK test and I didn't want to do that. We are also moving back to the States next September. I also use to think this was quick and easy, not anymore!!!

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:33 pm

innocentdevil wrote:It seems like you are getting more bothered than the OP
To be honest I'm just disgusted that this board has for the second time since I've been here been used to tell other people that they don't have a right to be upset or complain. This is easily the least supportive of the forums I visit.

I was sticking around to help people with questions, but with people like you here s**tting on everything then forget it. I'm out. Really not worth my time.