ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling WITH your spouse who has 'join spouse' visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

st pauli

Travelling WITH your spouse who has 'join spouse' visa

Post by st pauli » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Since the relevant embassies seem to take weeks rather than days to reply, I thought I'd ask this here:

Does anyone know if it's legally possible for a non-EEA spouse with a visa to come to Ireland issued under 'join spouse' category to actually travel with the spouse, when they enter Ireland for the first time?

We don't want to go apply under 'accompany spouse' (and are probably not supposed to either) as I will already be resident in Ireland.

Will the actual visa issued even make a distinction between the two types anyway, or does it only exist at application/processing stage?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 pm

For Ireland , this is not an issue , you could travel together and or be joining the spouse, it is not a problem.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling WITH your spouse who has 'join spouse' visa

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm

st pauli wrote:Since the relevant embassies seem to take weeks rather than days to reply, I thought I'd ask this here:

Does anyone know if it's legally possible for a non-EEA spouse with a visa to come to Ireland issued under 'join spouse' category to actually travel with the spouse, when they enter Ireland for the first time?

We don't want to go apply under 'accompany spouse' (and are probably not supposed to either) as I will already be resident in Ireland.

Will the actual visa issued even make a distinction between the two types anyway, or does it only exist at application/processing stage?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)
Thats no problem if you want to come to Ireland under Join Spouse Visa. Just make sure your Spouse's number is available at the time of arrival because Immigration officers tend to ring the Irish Spouse for confirmation despite anything.

You will be allowed entry though regardless
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Malika

Re: Travelling WITH your spouse who has 'join spouse' visa

Post by Malika » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Does anyone know if it's legally possible for a non-EEA spouse with a visa to come to Ireland issued under 'join spouse' category to actually travel with[/i] the spouse, when they enter Ireland for the first time?

Possible and no problem at all.

Regards,
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA