ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling a few days before visa expires

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Konaine
Newly Registered

Travelling a few days before visa expires

Post by Konaine » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding travelling before visa runs out.

I am currently on a Tier 1 Gen which expires second week of April. I will book a PEO before but struggling to book an appointment.

The question is that i have to travel for work around the second week of march for 3 weeks. coming back approx. on the 1st of April. Will I be okay?

I hear that a lot of questions are asked if you travel to close to visa ending?

Thanks,

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm

As long as you have some time left on your visa, this should be no problem. You might be asked if you intend on extending etc, but that's just normal questioning. IO's have the right to question you regardless of the time left on your visa (some people just seem to take more offence to it than others I suppose and then call it a "grilling").
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:20 am

i came to UK just a week before my visa was due to expiry..no questions asked but was reminded of the fact that it was due to expire soon.

hope this helps.

Konaine
Newly Registered

Post by Konaine » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:35 am

Thank you everyone for the reply, very helpful!