ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mclaren
Newly Registered

pls help

Post by mclaren » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:26 am

Hi all,

My EC got rejected in chennai.

Reason total points calculated by ECO is 70:
PG level :25
sal:20
uk exp:5

For PG level its 35 and graduate level 30(dats the minimum).I am PG and he accepted PG but unknowingly put 25...

This is total carelesenes by ECO...
Kindly help..how to proceed...pls help..all

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:05 pm

Did you include NARIC letter of comparability in your HSMP application ? If yes, did you include it along with the EC application ?

For all you know it could just be a typo error on ECO part. Because under the new scoring criteria there's no provision for 25 marks for qualifications.

Suggest you send out an email to the British Deputy High Commission explaining the whole issue. Also, call up the VFS office where you submitted your EC application and talk to them.

regards

mclaren
Newly Registered

Post by mclaren » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:51 am

yes..i had sent a mail to british high commission..lets c what happens.

I dint sent any nariac certification for PG as i had completed in UK.

He has given me PG-LEVEl: 25 points.

Thank you very much for ur reply...have sent a mail to high commission..VFS guy has no clue about it(hsmp new rules)..gave me the mail of high commission.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:22 am

ukjobsforme wrote:
AkashS wrote:
ukjobsforme wrote:
Visa Fees is Rs. 8441/ Person
:? Inaccurate information :? !!! :roll:

Currently, the visa fee is INR 7650.
The VFS fee (without courier) is INR 565.
The VFS fee (with courier) is INR 735.
If you take cash to VFS office, then they charge you the usual commission fee to make a draft for you - INR 56.

regards

7650 + 735 + 56 = 8441

I paid Cash... so information is very much correct..
Now if I paid by draft and did not opt for courier delivery, then would I be accurate if I say that the visa fee is INR 8215 / person ?? From my perspective - No.

Never said that your calculation was wrong, did I ??:lol: I merely pointed out the break-ups so that anyone wishing to apply for EC (from India) and searching the forum gets the accurate information. Because if he takes a draft of INR 8441 on seeing your post of "visa fee is 8441 / person", he might be inconvenienced. The information you gave is very much correct, but the way you phrased it gave the wrong message.

Meant no offence, just thought people should be aware of the actual breakup behind your 8441 ! :o

BTW, all VFS offices have the same fee structure.

regards
Never mind.. Whatever is the fees, you have to pay it... :)

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:24 am

mclaren wrote:yes..i had sent a mail to british high commission..lets c what happens.

I dint sent any nariac certification for PG as i had completed in UK.

He has given me PG-LEVEl: 25 points.

Thank you very much for ur reply...have sent a mail to high commission..VFS guy has no clue about it(hsmp new rules)..gave me the mail of high commission.
I think you should appeal against their decision. Just write a cover letter mentioning that they considered you as PG but given 25 Pts only... Hope this should work... Ask any senior member how can you appeal against rejection :)

mclaren
Newly Registered

Post by mclaren » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:17 am

appeal takes max of 1 year...what is review in EC...how to do that.can any one help me on this..

thsmp
Newly Registered

EC qsn

Post by thsmp » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi all,
I just got my hsmp approval last week and will be applying soon for EC.
Please can someone tell me if I'm meant to fill in the same amount on both my form and my spouse's form where the amount available for the trip is asked?

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi Akash and UKJobsforme,

I didnt understood the following documents

*Affidavit from co-sponsors confirming financial support.
* Copy of tenancy agreement and letter from housing authority confirming accommodation..

where are these from..from the guys in england or local...i belive they r from UK friends. I dont have friends say for ex...can i submit the www.booking.com booking accomdation. will that be sufficient..
i also have some mails from the UK consultants regarding the job offers..i will also submit them.
pl suggest..

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:22 pm

freebirds wrote: ....... can i submit the www.booking.com booking accomdation. will that be sufficient..i also have some mails from the UK consultants regarding the job offers..i will also submit them.
pl suggest..
Yes, that would be fine !!

regards

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:01 am

Just now they updated my application status on www.vfs-uk.co.in:

"The passport has been couriered to the applicant. Case closed."

What does it mean????

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:14 am

freebirds wrote:Hi Akash and UKJobsforme,

I didnt understood the following documents

*Affidavit from co-sponsors confirming financial support.
* Copy of tenancy agreement and letter from housing authority confirming accommodation..

where are these from..from the guys in england or local...i believe they r from UK friends. I don't have friends say for ex...can i submit the www.booking.com booking accommodation. will that be sufficient..
i also have some mails from the UK consultants regarding the job offers..i will also submit them.
pl suggest..
You will need to provide some legal document (an Affidavit) from your parents etc that they are ready to provide you any kind of financial help if needed.

Copy of tenancy agreement is, in some cities (Bangalore/ Mumbai etc), Land lord ask to deposit some amount for Security. That amount is normally 10 times of your monthly rent. In my case the Security Deposit was INR 60000. This money is given back when you leave the house. So you can consider this money as your liquid assets.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:10 am

freebirds,

Adding to my earlier post, in my case I had provided the tenancy agreement of my co-sponsor in UK, and a letter from the housing society to confirm that I could stay with the tenant.

regards

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:14 pm

i am providing some 5 lacs dep in my account .and ya i know its tough to get the accomdation papers from UK. i have friends in uk though, but i am not using them this time. thinking what to do>???
booking.com -- do we need to give our credit card details?
has anyone did before?

thsmp
Newly Registered

Please REPLY!!!

Post by thsmp » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:00 pm

Hi all,
I just got my hsmp approval last week and will be applying soon for EC.
Please can someone tell me if I'm meant to fill in the same amount on both my form and my spouse's form where the amount available for the trip is asked?

santosh_kotha
Newly Registered

Seeking Advice for EC

Post by santosh_kotha » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi Friends.

People from this forum helped me a lot to make a successful HSMP application. Now I am looking forward for my EC. I had lot of questions regarding my EC. It would be great if someone could advice on my case. I went through all the posts under this forum but no where I found a case which was similar to mine. So guys.. Pleaseeee help me

I was in UK on working holiday visa for 1.8 years. My visa got expired on 5th Nov and returned back home on the same date. I had worked for one Investment banking on temporarly basis. I showed those earnings for my HSMP application. I showed my earnings only 10 months from Jan 2006 to Oct 2006 (which is enough to get max points). I submitted all original pay slips, bank statements, P60 and P45. Now here is my problem.

I have returned back to India on Nov 5th (on my last day of visa). Since that date I am not working. I have no income. I have joined one institute to learn some courses. I dont have any bank accounts in India. For EC, I think I need to submit recent payslips, referance letter from previous employer and last 6 months bank statements. But in my case, as I am not working at the moment I dont have any payslips and bank statements. I can show only payslips and bank statements upto Oct 2006. I can not show last three months. Morever as I had worked on temporarly basis, I can not get any reference letter from the previous employer. Please answer the following questions.

1. So in my case what should I show for financial support.
2. How can I justify my last three months in my EC application. I mean, how can I support myself that I can finance myslef.
3. Regarding accommodation, is it necessary to show accommodation arrangements.
4. In short, what are all documents should I submit to make successful application for EC. It is much appreciated if someone could list them.

I am going to apply from VFS, Bangalore. Guys, please help me and sugegst me.

Thank you very much,

Santosh

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:00 am

AkashS wrote:Just now they updated my application status on www.vfs-uk.co.in:

"The passport has been couriered to the applicant. Case closed."

What does it mean????

It means you will be getting your passport and docs in your hands within 24 hrs.

You should have recieved this by now... let us know the out come dude ...

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:58 am

whats up Akash?

must be busy with partying...after EC..

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:48 am

freebirds wrote:whats up Akash?

must be busy with partying...after EC..

Hi Friends,

I am sorry for delay in replying... Outcome is "I got UK VISA for 2 Years"

I would like to say Thanks for each and everyone who helped me to get the HSMP and then Visa... I do not have words to say thanks to you guys...

As always, I am here to help others... Now my goal is to get a job in hand b4 I go to UK...

I have already posted what did I provide to VFS people for EC, if anyone has doubt, pls do not hesitate to contact me...

Thanks & Regards,

Akash

indian234

Post by indian234 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 am

Congratulations Akash!!!!!!!!!!! All the best for your job search.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:55 am

indian234 wrote:Congratulations Akash!!!!!!!!!!! All the best for your job search.
Thnx my friend.... :)

I am in talk with 2-3 consultants and probably getting a UK number very soon.. hope that will help me (us) to get calls for jobs from UK :)

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 pm

Hi all,

I received my EC for 2 years. :D :D :D Thank you all for your help.

In my EC is mentioned
that I should register at Police after arriving to the UK.
Does someone know what is it?

Could you please share it.

Thanks.

indian234

Post by indian234 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:50 pm

Congratulations arm!!!!!!!!!

When did u apply for EC? i want to see processing time.

regards

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:19 pm

congrats Akash..

great news..

i have one doubt, what did u submit for accomodation in uk. what documents we need to submit. i am planning to submit on 15th thrusday..do i need to book accomodation on booking.com today itself..

pl help

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:55 am

My processing time was 1 day :)

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 am

Hey guys ..
I applied for EC on 7th March ... i havent got my passport yet .. Instead i got the medical form and when i called up the office of the British High Commision.. They told me for HSMP medical clearance is a must and they will issue Visa only after the medical clearance is done. . . .And that could take upto 10 days

Has any one gone thru such a phase ...

Moderators please help .... My travel is urgent and i need to be in UK ASAP . Is there any process to accelrate the visa process something like urgent treatment ???