ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of accommodation for FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dazzle

Proof of accommodation for FLR (M)

Post by dazzle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Hello everyone,

A couple of days ago we posted my wife's application for FLR. We want to extend the spouse visa because we delayed the move to the UK.

Nowhere on the form, or the guidance, did it mention that we needed to send proof of accommodation, such as the tenancy agreement.

Since sending off the paperwork I've seen a few threads online where people are adamant that the proof of accommodation needs to be sent.

Has anyone here ever applied for FLR without including this proof?

The rent payments can be seen on my bank statements, and we did send proof of address (Council tax bill addressed to both of us, and both of our driving licenses).

Should we be worried?

thesk000
United Kingdom

Post by thesk000 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm

I believe the idea is to prove you and your spouse are living together and the best way to prove it is a tenancy agreement. In my view the 2 documents you submitted are good enough but if you can might as well send off the tenancy agreement too.
You can send additional documents for consideration as long as a decision has not been already made on your application
Hope this helps.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 pm

It shouldn't matter that you didn't include the tenancy agreement, but hopefully you've submitted at least 6 documents with your joint address...from a minimum of 3 different sources...spread as evenly as possible throughout the 2 years.
Just one point...it's not a good idea to send driving licences as you may need to present them to the police during the months you're waiting for the visa application to be processed.

dazzle

Post by dazzle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Thank you both for your input.
but hopefully you've submitted at least 6 documents with your joint address...from a minimum of 3 different sources...spread as evenly as possible throughout the 2 years.
I thought this was only for:

"If you are applying as an unmarried or same-sex partner, or if you answered no to question 5.1 and are
applying for an extension of stay although you have completed or nearly completed 2 years’ leave to enter
or remain in the UK as a partner, in addition to the relevant documents in sub-section 12A, you must provide
the following documents"

We only moved to the UK 2 months ago i.e. we delayed by 2 years. And the answer to 5.1 was "yes".

(The driving licences were certified copies)