ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony letter not arrived even after 2 months!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

christinerose
Newly Registered

Ceremony letter not arrived even after 2 months!!

Post by christinerose » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:30 pm

I have waited more than 2 weeks and my letter never arrived.
I wrote to them once...nothing.....I wrote again...nothing...and today I sent them an email again.
It's been 2 months now since I was supposed to get that letter!
What shall I do next? It's very frustrating!!

Please help with any suggestions

Thank you :)

ana ali

Re: Ceremony letter not arrived even after 2 months!!

Post by ana ali » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:21 pm

we are on the same boat..... my brother applied for citizenship in may 2011 after one year he got his passport back may 2012 s then he was waiting for ceremony letter till December 2012. his lawyer wrote several letters but no reply from home office. then MP involved thome office replied they lost his file resubmit application again he did .but still no response.it is been 2 years now
christinerose wrote:I have waited more than 2 weeks and my letter never arrived.
I wrote to them once...nothing.....I wrote again...nothing...and today I sent them an email again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:58 pm

christinerose wrote:I have waited more than 2 weeks and my letter never arrived.

Have you contacted your council to find out if they have your certificate?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 am

UNBELIEVABLE!!! What a bad joke!! We pay so much money for citizenship and what do we get in return??A bad service!!
I've done what they said: 'If you dont get the Invitation within 2 weeks, write to us'...I DID!! 3 TIMES!!
ana ali wrote:we are on the same boat..... my brother applied for citizenship in may 2011 after one year he got his passport back may 2012 s then he was waiting for ceremony letter till December 2012. his lawyer wrote several letters but no reply from home office. then MP involved thome office replied they lost his file resubmit application again he did .but still no response.it is been 2 years now

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Have you contacted your council to find out if they have your certificate?[/quote]

Hi,
No, I haven't, as I didn't know if they could help.
What certificate are you talking about?
Don't I get it after the ceremony?
I'm confused now.......and I cannot believe that some people have waited 2 years with no result!
Shall I contact the Council then?

Thanks fo your help :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 am

christinerose wrote:Have you contacted your council to find out if they have your certificate?
Hi,
No, I haven't, as I didn't know if they could help.
What certificate are you talking about?
Don't I get it after the ceremony?
I'm confused now.......and I cannot believe that some people have waited 2 years with no result!
Shall I contact the Council then?

Thanks fo your help :)[/quote]

Did you get the approval letter from UKBA and are you still waiting for the ceremony invitation letter??

If so, the UKBA sends your naturalisation certificate to your Council so you should contact them to find out if they have it. You get the certificate at the ceremony which is done at your council. If you don't attend the ceremony within 3 months of approval, you will have to apply for citizenship and pay the fee again.

My approval letter was combined with my invitation letter from UKBA, I did not receive two letters and the details to contact my council were in the approval letter - approval received in November 2012.

Hope that they can help you and advise if you explain the situation.
Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:24 am

What???? Why on earth didn't they tell me such a thing??
I'm in a panic now!!!
I've got the approval letter in December 2012 and I was waiting for ceremony letter as they said in the letter.
Who shall I contact from the Council??
I can't believe all this hassle!!!
Thanks for helping me.

Did you get the approval letter from UKBA and are you still waiting for the ceremony invitation letter??

If so, the UKBA sends your naturalisation certificate to your Council so you should contact them to find out if they have it. You get the certificate at the ceremony which is done at your council. If you don't attend the ceremony within 3 months of approval, you will have to apply for citizenship and pay the fee again.

My approval letter was combined with my invitation letter from UKBA, I did not receive two letters and the details to contact my council were in the approval letter - approval received in November 2012.

Hope that they can help you and advise if you explain the situation.
Char[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 am

You need to contact the registrar office and they will be able to help you. You are suppose to contact the council within 21 days and I really hope that you don't have any problems and that your certificate was not sent back to UKBA.

Best would be to explain to the council registrar office what the sequence of events are and find out if they still have your certificate.

Let us know what they say!

Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 am

Called the Council but they couldn't help. They said I have to attend first Ceremony and only then they'll give me my certificate.
They gave me 2 HO numbers to call. I called but...no luck.....first number weren't dealing with my problem...second number the same.....so I'M STUCK!!
Are there any human beings at HO who can talk to us?? Not only recorded voices???
CR001 wrote:You need to contact the registrar office and they will be able to help you. You are suppose to contact the council within 21 days and I really hope that you don't have any problems and that your certificate was not sent back to UKBA.

Best would be to explain to the council registrar office what the sequence of events are and find out if they still have your certificate.

Char

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 am

christinerose wrote:Called the Council but they couldn't help. They said I have to attend first Ceremony and only then they'll give me my certificate.
They gave me 2 HO numbers to call. I called but...no luck.....first number weren't dealing with my problem...second number the same.....so I'M STUCK!!
Are there any human beings at HO who can talk to us?? Not only recorded voices???
CR001 wrote:You need to contact the registrar office and they will be able to help you. You are suppose to contact the council within 21 days and I really hope that you don't have any problems and that your certificate was not sent back to UKBA.

Char
You need to ask them if they have your certificate first. If they have got it, then ask if you can book a ceremony asap.

What they have said to you is correct - you attend ceremony and then you get certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Ok, great, I'll do that.
Thanks...I'll let you know what they said.
Lets see...
CR001 wrote:
christinerose wrote:Called the Council but they couldn't help. They said I have to attend first Ceremony and only then they'll give me my certificate.

Char
You need to ask them if they have your certificate first. If they have got it, then ask if you can book a ceremony asap.

What they have said to you is correct - you attend ceremony and then you get certificate.

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Spoke 2 council again.....they have certificate and wanted invitation but in the end they said they'll talk to HO and call me back to let me know whats happening.
Great!
Thanks for help!!
I'll be back as soon as they'll call me.

CR001 wrote:

Char

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Spoke 2 council again.....they have certificate and wanted invitation but in the end they said they'll talk to HO and call me back to let me know whats happening.
Great!
Thanks for help!!
I'll be back as soon as they'll call me.

CR001 wrote:

Char

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I am sure that they will help given the fact that you have not received your invitation letter.

Keep us updated and hopefully you will resolve this soon.

Thanks

Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:53 pm

I think they did send the letter but we had problems with our mail (for months!) being delivered to other addresses. We made a complaint to Royal Mail....but the letter was lost anyway....so.....just because some postman/woman can't do their job properly, I have to get all the stress!!
Hopefully, it'll be solved soon.

CR001 wrote:I am sure that they will help given the fact that you have not received your invitation letter.

Thanks

Char

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Don't panic! You might have already got some letter (whatever it's called) from home office and that's how you knew your application approved. You go to council with that letter and your passport and check with them if that's good enough to attend the ceremony.
christinerose wrote:I think they did send the letter but we had problems with our mail (for months!) being delivered to other addresses. We made a complaint to Royal Mail....but the letter was lost anyway....so.....just because some postman/woman can't do their job properly, I have to get all the stress!!

CR001 wrote:I am sure that they will help given the fact that you have not received your invitation letter.

Thanks

Char

christinerose
Newly Registered

Post by christinerose » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi,

I spoke to the Council and they said they'll sort it out with the HO and give me a call later on to attend the ceremony.
This happened yesterday so I don't know when they'll call me back. Fingers crossed it will happen very soon!

All the best and thanks for your help! :)
kmore97 wrote:Don't panic! You might have already got some letter (whatever it's called) from home office and that's how you knew your application approved. You go to council with that letter and your passport and check with them if that's good enough to attend the ceremony.
christinerose wrote:I think they did send the letter but we had problems with our mail (for months!) being delivered to other addresses. We made a complaint to Royal Mail....but the letter was lost anyway....so.....just because some postman/woman can't do their job properly, I have to get all the stress!!

Thanks

Char