ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test Validity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sipra25
Newly Registered

Life in UK Test Validity

Post by sipra25 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi,

I'm due for ILR in Mar 2015. However, with the Life in UK test becoming more difficult i'm thinking to take this test now instead of later. I know that the test certificate does not have any expiry date. However, the website says that UKBA will hold the data for a specific period of time. My questions is

- Does anyone know if it is ok for me to give the test 2 years before my PR?
- What is the amount of time for which UKBA hold the data on their systems.

Any advise would be appreciated thanks

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Life in UK Test Validity

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 pm

sipra25 wrote:Hi,

I'm due for ILR in Mar 2015. However, with the Life in UK test becoming more difficult i'm thinking to take this test now instead of later. I know that the test certificate does not have any expiry date. However, the website says that UKBA will hold the data for a specific period of time. My questions is

I would be very interested to know why do you even want to take this test now in the first place?? The primary reason people are rushing to take the test is because there are virtually no practice questions or other material available for the new test. Hopefully by the time your test is needed there will be plenty available unless i am missing something here.

IMHO dont take the test now you will have plenty of time. This is just based on my opinion so feel free to do what you think is best.

sipra25
Newly Registered

Post by sipra25 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:59 pm

shahid2000 wrote:

I would be very interested to know why do you even want to take this test now in the first place?? The primary reason people are rushing to take the test is because there are virtually no practice questions or other material available for the new test. Hopefully by the time your test is needed there will be plenty available unless i am missing something here.

IMHO dont take the test now you will have plenty of time. This is just based on my opinion so feel free to do what you think is best.
Hi Shahid2000,

Many thanks for responding........the only reason i'm looking to give this now and not later is that they seem to be trying to make the test more difficult. Not that i'm worried i would not pass....but just thought if there is no expiry date, then i might as well give it now.

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:00 pm

See below link and I guess this will answer your question

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=127229

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 pm

At the moment it says the test certificate does not have an expiry date. So you can use it in 2015. But who knows what will happen in 2 years time, it's UKBA and anything is possible.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm

sipra25 wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:

Hi Shahid2000,

Many thanks for responding........the only reason i'm looking to give this now and not later is that they seem to be trying to make the test more difficult. Not that i'm worried i would not pass....but just thought if there is no expiry date, then i might as well give it now.
Two years is a long time mate. The rate at which UKBA makes changes to these things its hard to say what the rules will be in 2 years. They may scrap the test altogether or replace it with something else, if they do i doubt they will allow a grace period of two years ... but like i said its just my opinion. All the best mate.

satteshk
Newly Registered

News on Validity of Life in the UK Test

Post by satteshk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Dear All,

Confirmation from UKBA on life in the UK test validity.

There are very speculative information on validity of “Life in the UK Test”. However please note that there is no expiry date of this test once appeared under Annex E – Chapter 18 - Point: 1.2.3.4 (page 7) on below link.

It is confirmed by UKBA that there is no expiry date for this test! Hence you can appear anytime.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I had written 1year 4 months before my ILR application. My application is due in March 2013.

Hope this helps.....

Regards,

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Current Test is easy to pass with little bit of hard work. Nobody knows what the new test is going to be like. Until some body takes the Test.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Well true but I dont think it will be massively difficult! I know I am going to attract a lot of criticism by saying this but the fact is its almost the same syllabus with addition of some important events and personalities. I have read the new book and I am saying from experience.

After some tests etc are out it will be better!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 pm

The New Text must be very interesting than the Old one. Hope to borrow from the Library and have quick read. Found Very difficult to get hold of the Old Text.

satteshk
Newly Registered

Post by satteshk » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi,

There is no expiry once you pass out. Also this is very clearly mentioned in the UKBA document.

There are very speculative information on validity of “Life in the UK Test”. However please note that there is no expiry date of this test once appeared under Annex E – Chapter 18 - Point: 1.2.3.4 (page 7) on below link.

It is confirmed by UKBA that there is no expiry date for this test! Hence you can appear anytime.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I had written 1year 4 months before my ILR application. My application is due in March 2013.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p792999

Hope this helps.....

Regards,
satteshk

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

You just revived a 2 year old thread
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided