ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get American girlfriend to stay in Holland?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wijnand
Newly Registered

How to get American girlfriend to stay in Holland?

Post by wijnand » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:53 pm

I'm a 22 year old guy born and raised near Amsterdam, Holland. I fell in love with an American girl while studying in Boise, Idaho (US). Now I'm back in Amsterdam finishing my degree while she is finishing her degree in the US.
We are serious, but we don't want to get married anytime soon or settle down somewhere, leave the options open.
After she is done with college I want to live in Amsterdam with her for at least a year. What is the easiest way to let her live here for at least one year??? What kind of permit or visa is necessary?
Ofcourse, I want her to be able to do something interesting, like a good job or maybe doing a graduate master at a Dutch University.

What are the possibilities and requirements?? Any advise?

Wijnand

gani999

Post by gani999 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:30 pm

You can bring her to The Netherlands on a partner reunionship, but I guess you'll need to be on a 'samenwonen' or a registered partnership.

The other option (much less hassle free, in my view) , would be for her to get an student exchange or an admission into a Dutch University so that she can get a 'verblijfvergunning'or a resident permit as a student.

You can check out more details at http://www.ind.nl