ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel required but no passport can you report it as lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

downlights

travel required but no passport can you report it as lost

Post by downlights » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm

ILR application is taking >6 months for home office "consideration". god knows what they are up to? with so many jobless, you'd have thought they would employ more people to deal with applications.

there now arise a need to travel out of the uk. obviously if you ring them, they would happily take your money and return passport without ilr stamp.

what if you just go to your embassy and report your passport as lost or stolen? surely the newly issued is still a valid passport. so all you need is the new passport plus biometric card. the old passport should be disregard as it is suppose to be "lost"

the travel is back to home country, so could wait in home country until someone in uk (flatmate, friends, relative in the same household etc) inform of biometric card arrival. who can then DHL it for coming back to uk.

will this work?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Don't think it will work also it could be termed as fraud as your passport isn't stolen!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.