ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport interview questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

costco
Newly Registered

passport interview questions

Post by costco » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi
In passport interview
1.do they ask about employment details and salary details
2. Do they know about our balances in our bank accounts
3. Do they know we are employed or not?

ravikd

Re: passport interview questions

Post by ravikd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 am

Yes, They do ask about employment. They asked my work location, number of people working in the team,my manager name, my role in the team and how I go to office.

They also ask about salary details, i.e. how does your salary get credited in your account. Which banks do you have current account with and if you have any mortgages.

They may check with your bank whether you have an account with them. I am not sure about their capability to check account balance on a given day with bank.

costco wrote:Hi
In passport interview
1.do they ask about employment details and salary details
2. Do they know about our balances in our bank accounts
3. Do they know we are employed or not?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:18 pm

they'll ask simple questions to confirm your identity. questions that you'll only know or information that you have previously submitted to UKBA or IPS. nothing hard or cryptic.
if you don't remember something, just say no.
re salary - they'll not ask you the exact amount of your previous month's salary- if you received £1234.56 they won't expect you to state the exact amount as long as you say the approximate amount that's sufficient. same goes with other questions.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 pm

ban.s wrote:they'll ask simple questions to confirm your identity. questions that you'll only know or information that you have previously submitted to UKBA or IPS. nothing hard or cryptic.
It seems that they also have access to your credit report (Equifax, Experian, etc.). Today my wife was asked about her "store cards" and bank accounts. Luckily we obtained our credit reports a few months ago, because she had forgotten these "store cards", having never used them.

Moreover, I don't know about others, but my credit report shows my mortgage balance each month. So they could easily ask about that.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am

In the naturalisation application, the applicant authorises UKBA to undertake various checks including insolvency, so they do have access to your credit file. Nothing surprising.
The interviewers are experts and they can easily recognise the difference between an attempted identity fraud and a forgetful mind.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am

costco
Newly Registered

Post by costco » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks for your replies