ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

convincing employers about HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tech
Member of Standing

convincing employers about HSMP

Post by tech » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:57 am

All

What is the best way of convincing employers about HSMP ?

Points talk about 1 years and 3 years extension

Please share your thoughts

Thanks
Tech

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:03 am

Just say that you DONT need a work permit.

Say that you are allowed to work in the UK initially for 4 years with a renewal/extension required at the end of the first year
Where there is a will there is a way.

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:29 am

Tell your employer/Interviewer that You are allowed to live and work in UK without any Work Permit. Also, HSMP Permit will be renewed for another 3 yrs after the first year.
Regards,
Afzal

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:16 pm

this is the most FAQ. In my case I replied I have the HSMP visa and don't require any WP. mos of them said they are not aware of any such visa. When said that with HSMP we can work and stay for 4 years, they were satisfied.

lightbringer

what about if my HSMP is still under consideration?

Post by lightbringer » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:13 pm

The same question but with the different scenario. I have been waiting for my HSMP approval, but still keep looking for a job, cause they say that job offer may be the good reason to give preference to my application and to speed up the time of consideration. What is the best way to say that to employer and what is the probability to go as far as the inverview? Should I say that I am waiting for my HSMP approval and I will not need WP?
Has anyone got the job offer from outside the UK?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:24 pm

Best way to do this if you can - is to visit the UK as a visitor and attend interviews..(at which you will say that you are waiting for HSMP approval)..

..post the offer letter to HSMP and the rest will hopefully be history..

getting a job from overseas is nigh impossible

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:31 pm

Note that interviews on a visitors visa should be on the basis that they are 'pre-arranged' prior to your entry into the UK otherwise the Home Office will take the position that you are job hunting in breach of the rules.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:40 pm

As a visitor you can attend job interviews - job hunting on avisitors visa will not categorically be in breach of the rules

Can I transact business during my visit?

As a visitor you can do the following:
go to meetings and trade fairs, buy goods, and negotiate and complete contracts with UK businesses
go to conferences and seminars as a delegate
find out about, check the details of or examine goods
receive training as long as it is classroom instruction or limited to observation only

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:55 pm

Leave to Enter the United Kingdom as a visitor - HC395

41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months; and

(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

(iii) does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom; and

(iv) does not intend to produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including the selling of goods or services direct to members of the public; and

(v) does not intend to study at a maintained school; and

(vi) will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

(vii) can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
i.e. para 41 (iii) - the Immigration Officer will refuse entry/cancel leave to enter where it is determined that the passenger is seeking to enter the UK to take (look or start) employment = job hunting with associated activities such as interviews. However pre-arranged interviews are legit. I know many people who got refused entry because the IO found CV's and interview clothing in their luggage (I am attending a wedding hence the many suits in my bag did not quite wash). On the balance of probabilities it is possible to get away with this at entry but if you get nailed you get an early (likely same plane that brought you in) return flight home :wink: .

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:37 am

I agree. According to the Diplomatic Procedures for EC ( http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 5899061659 )
it clearly states with respect to attending interviews that:

For interviews, auditions or "trials"
People wishing to go to the UK to attend job interviews are treated as business visitors. ECOs should be satisfied that *prior* arrangement for interview has been made.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:09 am

The problem is that Immigration Officers have very wide discretion whether to allow you LTE or not and it is almost impossible to argue with them.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

tgs

Post by tgs » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:46 am

I entered the UK in March on a visitors VISA. Was also my 1st time entering the UK so the officer asked me lots of questions such as where I'm going to stay, who I know. I also had to proof that I'm returning, I had a return ticket.

What I did was not to carry any CV's or material that woud indicate that I'm going to be job hunting, but kept it on a website. If I needed them I could go to an internet cafe and print them off there. Nor did I had any list of pre-arranged interview, I programmed these in my cell phone, but had a list published on a web site again. Only took one formal Jacketand formal trousers, two formal shirts. The rest were casual clothes and lot of condoms (hahahaha).

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:10 pm

Just now I talked with one of the recuitment consultant here in UK.

When I told him that I am on Workpermit.He asked me about the HSMP and was suggesting me to move to that Visa 8) looks like some of the recruitment consultants knows well about this scheme.But for some others if you explain them clearly then they will be defnitely interested to forward your CV to client.

Ofcourse this is what I feel .... :wink:

busa

Is it breach of rules (Yes/No)

Post by busa » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:06 am

Kayalami (said)
Note that interviews on a visitors visa should be on the basis that they are 'pre-arranged' prior to your entry into the UK otherwise the Home Office will take the position that you are job hunting in breach of the rules.
Chess (said)
As a visitor you can attend job interviews - job hunting on avisitors visa will not categorically be in breach of the rules
Following the thread it looks like you can visit U.K. and attend interviews even if it is NOT pre arranged/ NOT informed to the Visa officer :wink:

Am I correct :?