ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Payment query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sipra25
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) Payment query

Post by sipra25 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 am

Hi All,

I'll be sending off my tier 1 G application off to home office soon. I was thinking of using a credit card but reading about UKBA notes on credit card i decided to use debit card instead. The only issue is my debit card is for the same account as my maintenance funds. So when a payment goes through my account balance will go down. Will that be a problem for the maintenance fund requirement? As in do UKBA check with the banks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

sipra25
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (G) Payment query

Post by sipra25 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 am

sipra25 wrote:Hi All,

I'll be sending off my tier 1 G application off to home office soon. I was thinking of using a credit card but reading about UKBA notes on credit card i decided to use debit card instead. The only issue is my debit card is for the same account as my maintenance funds. So when a payment goes through my account balance will go down. Will that be a problem for the maintenance fund requirement? As in do UKBA check with the banks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Hi,

Please could someone advise on my query?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 (G) Payment query

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

sipra25 wrote:
sipra25 wrote:Hi All,

Hi,

Please could someone advise on my query?
Whats the issue with credit card? In fact credit card is more appropriate thn debit card?

Mela

Post by Mela » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 am

No problemat all, you need to meet maintainance requirements on the day of application, so you need to show the bank statements no more than 1 month old, after that there is no requirements to keep the balance.

On the cation note...there are too masny cases of declined payments due to bank's anti-fraud mesaures, i would ise banker's draft or postal orders. you overpay a little bit but it gives you a piece of mind that you dont get your application back as invalid.

I had problems with the payment being taken from the card, long story which caused me sleepless mights and luckily i resolved it, but i will never ever EVER again apply with the bank cards in my life again. leasson learnt

peace26
Newly Registered

Post by peace26 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 am

did you inform the credit card company in advance ? if so may i ask which bank was it
Mela wrote:No problemat all, you need to meet maintainance requirements on the day of application, so you need to show the bank statements no more than 1 month old, after that there is no requirements to keep the balance.

On the cation note...there are too masny cases of declined payments due to bank's anti-fraud mesaures, i would ise banker's draft or postal orders. you overpay a little bit but it gives you a piece of mind that you dont get your application back as invalid.

I had problems with the payment being taken from the card, long story which caused me sleepless mights and luckily i resolved it, but i will never ever EVER again apply with the bank cards in my life again. leasson learnt