ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public Funds and Housing Association

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qasimali002
Newly Registered

Public Funds and Housing Association

Post by qasimali002 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 am

I am on Tier 1(G) and have no recourse to public funds. I am currently renting from a Housing Association and plan to buy a share under Shared Ownership Scheme. Both of these (renting + buying) are subsidized by the Govt. as the rent is 20% lower than the market and same goes when buying under Shared Ownership.

On page 14 of the UKBA's definition of Public Funds, it states that as long as we enter into a contract directly with a Housing Association then it must not be considered public fund. Ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

My question is: despite the schemes I am applying to are subsidized by the Govt. but since I am applying directly to a Housing Association without any mention of local council or local housing authority in the contract so I am fine as it does not fall under the definition of Public Funds. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,
Qasim

ILR_question2014
Newly Registered

Re: Public Funds and Housing Association

Post by ILR_question2014 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Qasim
Did you get a reply or have found out anything further ?

Thanks