ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Refused - Inappropiate Salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SimiP

Tier 2 Refused - Inappropiate Salary

Post by SimiP » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi,

My Tier 2 application has been refused due to inappropriate salary and I have the right to appeal.

My Salary is 25000 and role is Junior Software test engineer and my SOC code corresponds to 2132 Test Analyst with Salary of 28000.

My question is that since I am still a junior test engineer (1yr 08 months), how can we match my job title with Test Analyst???

Can anyone please advice on what should I do next.
Cheers!!
Simi

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:09 pm

I think it is mandatory that we meet the salary criteria, I have the same issue.
I am a Electronic test Technician with salary falling short of £2040 per annum, that falls to £161 a month!! How ridiculous is that to leave the country for this silly bit of money??
I am not even bothered to apply for it as I donot meet the criteria and theres no point spending money anyway this country only wants people who can claim benefits, donot work and abuse the system, not for people like us who are well qualified and skilled enough to work hard and pay the taxes.

jibri
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 Refused - Inappropiate Salary

Post by jibri » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:28 pm

SimiP wrote:Hi,

My Tier 2 application has been refused due to inappropriate salary and I have the right to appeal.

My Salary is 25000 and role is Junior Software test engineer and my SOC code corresponds to 2132 Test Analyst with Salary of 28000.

My question is that since I am still a junior test engineer (1yr 08 months), how can we match my job title with Test Analyst???

Can anyone please advice on what should I do next.

so your company use code 2132 with test analyst and your salary was 25K?
why your company did not check that they need to match to 28K

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Also my hours are 40/week.

Pls suggest on what shld i do now??? Can i reapply with new CoS since my employer ready to increase my salary and do whatever they can for me to stay back. My visa expired 30th Dec 2012.
Last edited by SimiP on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!!
Simi

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 pm

The salary has to meet the amount specified in the codes of practice for your SOC code, just matching the job description is not sufficient

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!!!!!

My employer is ready to increase my salary as per the requirements. What shall I do next.. How do I make an appeal based on this.
Cheers!!
Simi

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 am

wow! that is fantastic.. .. ..damn lucky you are
well somebody is being generous enough to notice your skill and pay what you deserve
Good Luck, keep posting your progress please

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 am

SimiP wrote:My employers did called them up and got things cleared. They said it just needs to be matched with the job description and since mine is an entry level role did not have to match salary.

Also my hours are 40/week.

Pls suggest on what shld i do now??? Can i reapply with new CoS since my employer ready to increase my salary and do whatever they can for me to stay back. My visa expired 30th Dec 2012.
Hi Simi, are you really sure they said this?? Please confirm this is what they said.. ..I am in a similar situation in a graduate level job falling short of £2000/ annum, I am thinking to call UKBA to enquire and ask for a suggestion

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:26 am

Yup.....Also this is the first application for me. We first got the sponsorship license after a long wait and some ups and downs...and now this issue.

My role is junior software tester (something similar to a Graduate Developer) as a entry level role in the field of testing and Test Analyst is role at the next level. Should my role not be considered as entry level role???
Cheers!!
Simi

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 am

Hi Guys,

Please can anyone help me and guide me on what should i do???
Cheers!!
Simi

sai123
Newly Registered

Post by sai123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

My employer is ready to increase my salary as per the requirements. What shall I do next.. How do I make an appeal based on this.

Hi Simi
I'm also in same condition. My employer also ready to increase my salary as per the requirements.How to make an appeal? do i need to make new COS?

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

sai123 wrote:My employer is ready to increase my salary as per the requirements. What shall I do next.. How do I make an appeal based on this.

Hi Simi
I'm also in same condition. My employer also ready to increase my salary as per the requirements.How to make an appeal? do i need to make new COS?
This might be considered new evidence and application refused. Better to make fresh application.

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I am just going to make an appeal as of now.
I am not sure of how do I make a fresh application as my passport is with UKBA and I do not have any knowledge of doing so,

Hence, I am requesting to people who have been through this process to help me but.... :(

Howver, I think you will need a new CoS with correct salary!! So get it and make it!!

Do you have ur passport with you???

Please keep me informed with your progress and any suggestions!!!
Cheers!!
Simi