ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ISB Interview - Process And Expectations?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MikeCharlie

ISB Interview - Process And Expectations?

Post by MikeCharlie » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:41 am

Hi,

My beautiful new bride applied for her spouse visa on 12th Jan 2007. She just received a letter inviting her for an interview at BHC ISB.

What tips, pointers and advice can I give her, so that she is better prepared?

She has a very gentle nature and I shudder to think how upset she would be if an ECO was overly loud or aggressive.

The letter asks for "copies" of 6 months of my bank statements.

It doesn't say of the copies have to be certified. Does any one have any experience on this? I have asked ISB for clarification but am waiting for a response. We don't have much time, so it would be great if I could scan and email copies for her to print.

The letter says that she should be there at 7:30 am, but that appointments are on a 'first come' basis. This does not make any sense to me. How can she have a specific appointment time, but yet not be guaranteed to be seen?

My nightmare is that she will turn up at 7:30am on the dot, only to be told that all the interview slots are taken and that her application is thus rejected.

Please tell me, that can't happen.

As I am sure you can all understand, these past few months have been extremely hard on us both. It is not easy to be so far apart from my new bride. We both desperately need her visa to get approved and so that we can finally start our new life together.

If nothing else, please pray for us!

Cheers,

Mike.

PS. I am a former officer of HM Armed Forces (with a security clearance!). I am amazed how many hoops my former employer is making us jump through, to prove that we are not engaged in some immigration racket!

I know the ECOs are simply executing their statutory obligations, but the irony still makes my head spin.

alisameer
Newly Registered

hi

Post by alisameer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:47 am

hi mikecharlie yes offcourse I am preying for ur wife's interview .a few weeks ago rainbow24's husband went for interview in bhc islamabad for interview,bhc returned all his documents.well he left all documents at home considering that bhc already checked them.when eco asked him about documents he replied at home because bhc already checked them and eco rejected his visa.so make sure ur wife must take all returned documents by bhc with her at the time of interview.well my good wishes with her inshaallah she will get her visa.can u tell me which date she is going for interview?

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:36 am

Hi,

I believe she will go on March 20.

Regarding my second question, it seems that she has to get there by a certain time to be allocated a firm interview slot. If she arrives late, she will not be given any slot at all.

Regards,

Mike.

alisameer
Newly Registered

hi

Post by alisameer » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:46 am

hi mike don't worry once ur wife gets in bhc,then they have no choice they certainly interview her.if her interview is on 20th march morning then she should reach islamabad at 5:30.because she can not go bhc directly at first she will have to go convontion center and buy a bus ticket for bhc.there could be a long row so she must be there at 5:30.the answer of ur question is once she gets in bhc befor or at 7:00,they certainly interview her.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:05 am

Mike,

Well done your nearly there, and good luck am sure everything will go well!

My wife submitted in late February so should be hearing soon(ish) I hope!

What supporting evidence did you submit?

Keep us posted.

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling I'm afraid. Thanks for the comments and advice. My poor wife will have a big burden, to make the trip up to ISB for so early in the morning.

I submitted the following with the original application;

Proof of support:
1) Original employer statement, stating my salary, length of employment and UK office address.
2) Original contract from employer.

Proof of marriage:
3) Certified copy of marriage certificate.
4) Wedding invitations.
5) Wedding photos.

Proof of residence:
6) Land registry documentation.
7) Surveyor's survey.

Other:
8 ) Passports (her originals - my certified copy).
9) Her birth certificate.
10) Sponsor's statement, stating intention to return to the UK to settle with my wife, explaining my transfer to a new job etc.

My case is a little different in that I started a new job after my marriage in January (transferring from overseas, within the same company). As such, I had no UK income or bank statements.

Now that I have been working for a few months while the application is pending, I have some statements and paychecks which my wife can take to the embassy. I will also include my old foreign paychecks and statements, to show that I have been working for quite some time prior to my transfer. All in all, I'll include 6 months of employment history.

My wife will also take the full wedding album, as we had only included a few pictures with the original application.

Should I add anything else, for her to take to the interview?

When I first began to realize what a hard and difficult process it was to get a visa, I felt quite angry and upset with my government. Now though, when I see how much immigration fraud is being attempted by my fellow Pakistanis, I can understand why they might be so suspicious.

My cousin did all this a few years ago. Back then, the application processing time was 6 months, I've been told.

So perhaps, I should consider myself lucky...
Last edited by MikeCharlie on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response, I am not sure exactly what she should take apart from a clear head :)

Am sure everything will go well - after all your not doing anything wrong so at the end of the day we all don't have anything to worry about.

Do let us know how it goes as my wife will probably be interviewed after your wife :)

Good luck!

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:31 pm

Thank you!

I will be sure to post here, as soon as I know how it went. I shall pray that you and your wife are successful too.

I remember when I was getting married, everyone asked me if I was feeling nervous. I wasn't nervous in the slightest. I was so happy to marry my beautiful bride.

Now though, I can't feel anything but nervous. This visa process is really something!

As I am sure you can understand, I love my wife dearly and am simply treading water until we can start our new life together.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:34 pm

lol ahh yes same here mate - I was not nerveous in the slightest but now its a different story all this red tape does your head in lol

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Post by lxf2442 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:59 am

Hey MC
Just finished reading this post, About 3 years ago when i was applying for my student visa for the UK i was called to Islamabad for an interview with the same condition (was given a time/date but it said id be served on a first come first served basis) This was highly confusing for me at that time as well and after a little asking about i found out that although they call in an exact number of people everyday (the number they have the ability to process) but the order in which the interviews are held are by first come first serve basis. Some people come there at 4:30 5:00 in the morning and wait outside like at a NEXT's sale just so that they are the firsts one to get their interviews. Interview times were anywhere from 10 to 25 min (mind you this in-tel is 3 years old and of course i was applying for a student visa then). Anyhow i would suggest that she shows up at around 7:00 in the morning. I plan to spend the night in Islamabad's Armour mess so i wake up fresh and am not tired or overly stressed at the day of the interview because of the journey. Its going to be a long day and if she is going by herself i suggest tell her to take lots of water and pack something to eat with her aswell. I "think" if i recall correctly that they take your mobiles from you when u are in the compound so dont be worried when u can not get in touch with her.

She should take all the papers that returned from islamabad with her at all cost. whatelese...hmmmm...oh yeah again im sorry this is 3 years ago so i dont know if this still happens BUT back then everyone was not allowed to form a que outside the British high commission SO we were told to gather at a staging area outside and away from the embassies and after getting in line there we were shuttleed by buses to the embassies (some kind of security arrangement i guess) so i suggest she shouldn't get confused on the day when they wont let her go towards the embassy, Its just very easy ask anyone there about the staging area and they would guide you to it. (most cabbies know of it)
hmm thats about it, if something else comes to my mind i would let you know. i dont know if this helped or confused you further but this is what i went through on my interview call.

keep in touch and all the best!

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 am

Thanks lxf2442, that's very helpful. I'll pass it on.