ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong COS and application refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubyni

Wrong COS and application refused

Post by rubyni » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:25 am

Dear all,

i just cant describe how i feel at moment. Applied for my visa on the 17 of December 2012 and received today to indicate that it has been refused. My current visa expired on the 1st of Feb. Reason to refusal: salary did not match SOC code. My HR made a mistake in terms of coding me.

I am so confuse in terms of what to do. The blogs/forum i am reading and they are writing different things. UKBA is holding my passport as well! some forum was suggesting reapplying - can i still apply without a passport!

1) what should i do? I know i need to appeal ? most forum indicates that it might not be successful. What should i do?

Thanking anyone who replies me!

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Re: Wrong COS and application refused

Post by crazyjelly » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:44 pm

rubyni wrote:Dear all,

i just cant describe how i feel at moment. Applied for my visa on the 17 of December 2012 and received today to indicate that it has been refused. My current visa expired on the 1st of Feb. Reason to refusal: salary did not match SOC code. My HR made a mistake in terms of coding me.

I am so confuse in terms of what to do. The blogs/forum i am reading and they are writing different things. UKBA is holding my passport as well! some forum was suggesting reapplying - can i still apply without a passport!

1) what should i do? I know i need to appeal ? most forum indicates that it might not be successful. What should i do?

Me too rubyni :( my visa expired on 16/11/12 and just received a refusal letter this morning. Did the letter say you have right to appeal under this circumstance? Mine's a straight no arghhhhh don't know what to do!

rubyni

Re: Wrong COS and application refused

Post by rubyni » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm

crazyjelly wrote:
rubyni wrote:Dear all,

Me too rubyni :( my visa expired on 16/11/12 and just received a refusal letter this morning. Did the letter say you have right to appeal under this circumstance? Mine's a straight no arghhhhh don't know what to do!

Hi there, yes it does say that. I have already submit my appeal. How about you?

AliZ

Post by AliZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Did you apply for extension or first time application?

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat...my visa expired on 30th dec and today received rejection due to inappropriate salary.

I have right to appeal. Could you please help - what did u state in the reason for appeal???

My sal is 25K and job title Junior Software Test Engineer. They say it has to be 28k for test analyst.
Cheers!!
Simi

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am

SimiP wrote:Hi,

I am in the same boat...my visa expired on 30th dec and today received rejection due to inappropriate salary.

I have right to appeal. Could you please help - what did u state in the reason for appeal???

My sal is 25K and job title Junior Software Test Engineer. They say it has to be 28k for test analyst.
what code did you use

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am

2132!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:46 am

SimiP wrote:2132!!!
you job description matches the test analyst?

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Yes...but not completely!!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Can anyone please suggest what is to be done!!!

Please reply!!!!
Cheers!!
Simi