ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Fee for 2013 & Tier 1 (G) Renewal (Main + Dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahmir

UKBA Fee for 2013 & Tier 1 (G) Renewal (Main + Dependent

Post by shahmir » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 pm

For Tier 1 (G) renewal, I have booked an appointment for 5th April. I will pay £1800 fee. I was planning to send applications of three dependents by post on 9th or 10th of April. So that l could pay £561 x 3 for them.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/

1. Since the fee will change from 6th April, if I am lucky enough to get approval letter before post office closes on 5th, can I post applications of three dependents along with approval letter to get benefit of lower fee on the same day?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-2013.pdf

2. Instead of £561, what would be the new fee from 6th April for a postal application of my dependents? Still confused because I can't see figure £561 in the ''current fee column'' of 2013 Fee document.

3. Even I do not get a decision on my application at PEO, can I still post the three dependents applications on the same day?

I have read many similar posts here but could not reach a conclusion. I will appreciate any useful response please.
lets get together for migrants' rights

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Seniors, moderators, gurus please reply.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 am

1. Yes. As UKBA will take date of application as the date you posted your application.

2. Well it will £578, it is there in the link you have given.

3. They are dependent on you visa, Therefore what would their application be based on? I don't think it wise. It is increase but it is not massive increase£17/person. Better do things properly in my humble opinion.
Last edited by diggingdeep on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks alot. I didn't see this £578. I thought its £1159 and having three dependents it would have cost me extra £598 (£1159-£561) for each dependent. Thanks buddy.

smandala.in
Newly Registered

Post by smandala.in » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Just Curious -
I was not able to find PBS Dependents Applying Separately-Postal column.

Can you please point me to the line in the document as it is not mentioned
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-2013.pdf

I was able to find in the previous year document.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... b-2012.pdf
Page 6 - "PBS Dependents Applying Separately-Postal"

Does this mean this option is been removed ?

As the line says in page 5 - "Dependants’ fees
are for applications made at the same time as the main applicant. For
PBS dependants applying individually the relevant main applicant fee is payable.
"

So, i believe you would need to pay £ 1545 per dependent if applying separately.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:54 am

Yes I was confused about this. But a member pointed above that it is £578 which is in non PBS list.

So I have concluded that applying separately is just an application for LEAVE TO REMAIN for which the fee is £561 and it will be £578 from 6th April.

I still wish if one of the seniors comment on this.

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:37 am

shahmir wrote:Yes I was confused about this. But a member pointed above that it is £578 which is in non PBS list.

So I have concluded that applying separately is just an application for LEAVE TO REMAIN for which the fee is £561 and it will be £578 from 6th April.

I still wish if one of the seniors comment on this.
If it makes sense, tier 1 is listed under PBS category. There is no reason to assume it Non PBS(578). Any way, confusion around these should be over when updated application forms are published

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Yeah it is a bit confusing, but in the whole new fee documents, £561 comes four times and for all of them, the increment is £17 which is 3% making it a total of £578

Just like there is a 3% increment in main applicant's fee which is £45. £1500 to £1545!!!!!!!!!!

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:45 am

diggingdeep wrote: 2. Well it will £578, it is there in the link you have given.
Just checked as per this document, £578 is for 'main' not for dependent.

Yes @smandala.in, this line is worrying me now.

''For PBS dependents applying individually the relevant main applicant fee is payable."

which means the fee will rise from £561 to 1545 for dependents "even by post and individually" which is over 175%.

I don't know why the gurus and moderators cannot comment on this.

ilr_trauma
Newly Registered

total injustice

Post by ilr_trauma » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:52 am

it is going to affect every single spending decision for my family..starting from how much grocery we should order and how much heating we should use...

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:22 am

Tier 1 (General) application fees current are
If partner and dependent applying at the same time current fees are £750 by post and £900 in person. If they applied later the fees are £561 by post and £867 in person.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/

The proposed new fees the don't seems to differentiate between applying at the same time with main applicants and later application (dependents only). It just says that £750 will rise to £1,159 for all Tier 1 General Standard dependents.

So i think we will have to wait and see

By the way according to the ministerial statement there are some fees which will rise higher than 3%.

"In developing these proposals, the UK Border Agency has sought to limit most increases to 3%, which is in line with recent measures of inflation. There are further targeted increases for applications made within the UK, where the value of the entitlements provided to successful applicants is greater.

For certain application categories, we will continue to set fees higher than the administrative cost to reflect their value to successful applicants. This helps to provide resources to run the UK immigration system and enables the Agency to set lower fees elsewhere in support of wider government objectives to attract those businesses, workers, students and visitors who most benefit the UK."

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... rging-wms/

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Yes it certainly needs a clarification on this dependents fee matter especially when they apply later.

Well guys I have booked an appointment for myself for 5th morning. If the dependent fee remains unclear by that time what should I do then?

I am still considering to post applications of my three dependents on the same day later in the afternoon. There are only three relevant questions in their forms. I am not quoting exact words but the questions are something like these:

1. Are you applying together with Main Applicant or later? later
2. Reference number of Main Applicant's most recent application/correspondence? Obviously I will get a reference in the morning.
3. Has the decision been made on main applicant's application. No

I want to ask what's harm in doing this? According to current timelines for dependents in country postal (standard) applications, it will take few months before a decision is made. By that time main applicant's application will be decided.

When main applicant applies by post, and dependents plan to apply later, they must apply for renewal before their leave expires regardless of the fact that decision has been made or not on the main applicant's application.

selva

Post by selva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:27 pm

diggingdeep wrote:Tier 1 (General) application fees current are
If partner and dependent applying at the same time current fees are £750 by post and £900 in person. If they applied later the fees are £561 by post and £867 in person.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/

The proposed new fees the don't seems to differentiate between applying at the same time with main applicants and later application (dependents only). It just says that £750 will rise to £1,159 for all Tier 1 General Standard dependents.

So i think we will have to wait and see

By the way according to the ministerial statement there are some fees which will rise higher than 3%.

"In developing these proposals, the UK Border Agency has sought to limit most increases to 3%, which is in line with recent measures of inflation. There are further targeted increases for applications made within the UK, where the value of the entitlements provided to successful applicants is greater.

For certain application categories, we will continue to set fees higher than the administrative cost to reflect their value to successful applicants. This helps to provide resources to run the UK immigration system and enables the Agency to set lower fees elsewhere in support of wider government objectives to attract those businesses, workers, students and visitors who most benefit the UK."

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... rging-wms/
Dependants’ fees are for applications made at the same time as the main applicant. For
PBS dependants applying individually the relevant main applicant fee is payable.

by post
if applying together then £1,159 per dependent
if later £1,545 per dependent

by PEO
if applying together then £1,159+375 per dependent
if later £1,545+375 per dependent

selva

Post by selva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:34 pm

shahmir wrote:Yes it certainly needs a clarification on this dependents fee matter especially when they apply later.

Well guys I have booked an appointment for myself for 5th morning. If the dependent fee remains unclear by that time what should I do then?

I am still considering to post applications of my three dependents on the same day later in the afternoon. There are only three relevant questions in their forms. I am not quoting exact words but the questions are something like these:

1. Are you applying together with Main Applicant or later? later
2. Reference number of Main Applicant's most recent application/correspondence? Obviously I will get a reference in the morning.
3. Has the decision been made on main applicant's application. No

I want to ask what's harm in doing this? According to current timelines for dependents in country postal (standard) applications, it will take few months before a decision is made. By that time main applicant's application will be decided.

When main applicant applies by post, and dependents plan to apply later, they must apply for renewal before their leave expires regardless of the fact that decision has been made or not on the main applicant's application.
Yes, You got a valid point.
Why dont you send a mail to homeoffice or call them?

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Yes that's what I want to do now. In fact want to email them so that I could get a proof. But could only find their phone number and not the email address. Please anybody reply with their email address.

selva

Post by selva » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:17 am

shahmir wrote:Yes that's what I want to do now. In fact want to email them so that I could get a proof. But could only find their phone number and not the email address. Please anybody reply with their email address.
UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

subject should start with FAQ (example - FAQ 2 Fixed Penalty Notices and ILR)

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks. Email sent. I will update as soon as I get a reply.

Biggy01
Newly Registered

Good job guys!!!

Post by Biggy01 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm in..............