ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa document Employment contract

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaroon7861
Newly Registered

spouse visa document Employment contract

Post by aaroon7861 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:06 pm

I got my letter of employment made which shows my name job title date of starting work hours pay gross annual salary
but i was not supplied my contract, as i did not have one when i took up the work.
do i need the contract i was told it was not required as small businesses dont do this contract stuff
i am applying under category A employed for total 10 month same employer salary is £19656

aaroon7861
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa document Employment contract

Post by aaroon7861 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm

aaroon7861 wrote:I got my letter of employment made which shows my name job title date of starting work hours pay gross annual salary
but i was not supplied my contract, as i did not have one when i took up the work.
do i need the contract i was told it was not required as small businesses dont do this contract stuff
i am applying under category A employed for total 10 month same employer salary is £19656
BUMP
plz help me someone

menwall

Post by menwall » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK, all of the following evidence must be
provided:

(a) Wage slips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been
employed by their current employer for at least 6 months
(and where paragraph 13(b)
of this Appendix does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of
application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6
months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this
Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at paragraph 2(a)
confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
21 the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at
paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of
the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

In addition to the evidence listed above P60(s) (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of
employment may also be submitted in respect of salaried employment in the UK. If they
are not submitted then the caseworker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied
that the requirements of this Appendix relating to that employment are met or they may
ask for the documents to be submitted.

Therefore, all you need are the original wage slips on company headed paper covering the last 6 months (10 months wouldnt do any harm), a letter from the employer (signed) citing the above details and bank statements (official on headed paper or signed by a staff member of the bank if printed from online) showing the 6 (or 10) payments from your employer going into your account or a joint account under you and your wifes name.

An employment contract and/or P60 are optional and therefore not strictly neccessary. You could also mention the reasons in your introductory letter to say why you do not have these e.g Don't have P60 because haven't completed a full tax year. This would save time for everyone as they wouldn't have to contact you asking for them and you wouldn't have to explain why you don't have them.

Hope that answers your question

aaroon7861
Newly Registered

Post by aaroon7861 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:13 pm

hi thanks for that its just that i dont have company headed pay slips the slips show my pay 234 rate £7per hour tax deductions gross and net pay
employer name and address.

menwall

Post by menwall » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Then your choices would be either ii or iii as below

(bb) Wage slips must be:
(i) on company-headed paper; or
(ii) stamped and signed by the employer; or
(iii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on company-headed paper and signed by a senior manager, confirming that they are authentic.

Two links which you might find useful are

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/

or

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

aaroon7861
Newly Registered

Post by aaroon7861 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:50 pm

menwall wrote:Then your choices would be either ii or iii as below

(bb) Wage slips must be:
(i) on company-headed paper; or
(ii) stamped and signed by the employer; or
(iii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on company-headed paper and signed by a senior manager, confirming that they are authentic.

Two links which you might find useful are

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/

or

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
thanks ur a star! :)

tak1986
Newly Registered

Post by tak1986 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello all,

when they said 'the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; '

What does that actually mean? my previous salary since I am working with the employer?

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:17 pm

They want the letter to confirm when you got the pay rise to the salary level you're claiming OR the start date of your employment if you've always been at that level.

M.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:06 pm

OP said he gets paid £7 per hour. If I am not wrong, ones who get paid an hourly rate are not classed as "salaried".

5.1.2. Gross income from non-salaried employment will be counted on the same basis as income from salaried employment where the person has been with the same employer for 6 months or more at the date of application. Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate or paid an amount which varies according to the work undertaken.

and in 5.1.3 it says

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6)
multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the
financial requirement.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:16 pm

I looked at the actual immigration rules, but I am baffled that there is no mention of non-salaried employment in the rules, or am I missing something?

There is mention of salaried income, self employment and all other kind of stuff, but no mention whatsoever of non-salaried employment.

Non-salaried employment does appear in the guidance, including the calculations of working out gross income.

Now I am sure I am missing something, but what is it? :(

tak1986
Newly Registered

Post by tak1986 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 pm

MPH80 wrote:They want the letter to confirm when you got the pay rise to the salary level you're claiming OR the start date of your employment if you've always been at that level.

M.
Thanks,

I have a letter from HR states the follow,

start date of employment,
lenght of service,
current gross salary ( pay rise been made since April 2013)
type of employment

I think I need to ask the HR states when the pay rise been applied as well?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:41 am

That is what they are asking yes.

tak1986
Newly Registered

Post by tak1986 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm

MPH80 wrote:That is what they are asking yes.
I was looking at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/

point 12 A) i) said

(i) A letter from the employer confirming the employment, the gross annual salary and the annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid, how long the employment has been held, and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

its conflict with the previous point 2 b)

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Are both requirement require for me, if I am choose category B?

Thanks