ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Entry Clearance, India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunal
Newly Registered

Work Permit Entry Clearance, India

Post by kunal » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi,
I've received my work permit, valid for 5 years. Since my assignment does not start until three months later, I was wondering if it would be alright to request the ECO to defer the effective date of the EC by 3 months.

Does anyone if the ECOs in India, and Chennai in particular, honour such requests? Has anyone successfully requested such an extension in the recent past? Thank you.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Yes. You can request the visa to be post-dated by upto 3 months and it clearly says so in the BHC India website.
Jabi

kunal
Newly Registered

Post by kunal » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Thanks a lot Docterror. However, I read a few people claiming that ECOs turned down such requests for applicants applying for HSMP EC. I gather from your post that such requests are normally honoured for WP applicants.

Thanks again.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:02 pm

They should honour your request. Especially if you tell them that you dont start your work till 3 months later. Such things are known to happen a lot with WP applications. Also HSMP is totally different in this sense to WP applications as applicants dont have a fixed starting date for the work.

On a soft note, just dont go overboard and tell them to postpone by more than 3 months etc. Who knows? They might tell you to come back after a month while still hanging onto your current fees as well!... and call me Jabi
Jabi

kunal
Newly Registered

Post by kunal » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:12 pm

Great. I won't stretch it beyond 3 months. Thanks Jabi.