ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my Wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

messagetosiva
Newly Registered

ILR for my Wife

Post by messagetosiva » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi All

I am completing my 5 years in UK by Dec 13. Have been on diff visa's T2 ICT for first 1.5 years, T2 Gen for 3.5 Years.

My wife & Son stayed with me for the first 3 years (Jan 09 -Mar 12) but after that they have moved to India. They still have a valid dependant visa till 2015.

The query is:Will I be able to apply ILR for my wife & Son at the same time as I apply (in Dec 13) ? Considering the fact that they havent spent 5 full years with me in the UK. Will they too get ILR or will they be ILR dependant ?

Kindly claify this as it will help me organise & plan for the same.

I dont have any cohabitation document during the first 3 years, Only the visa stampings in & out seals.

Thanks a lot forum for your assistance.

Kind regards
Siva

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: ILR for my Wife

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 pm

messagetosiva wrote:Hi All

I am completing my 5 years in UK by Dec 13. Have been on diff visa's T2 ICT for first 1.5 years, T2 Gen for 3.5 Years.

My wife & Son stayed with me for the first 3 years (Jan 09 -Mar 12) but after that they have moved to India. They still have a valid dependant visa till 2015.

The query is:Will I be able to apply ILR for my wife & Son at the same time as I apply (in Dec 13) ? Considering the fact that they havent spent 5 full years with me in the UK. Will they too get ILR or will they be ILR dependant ?

Kindly claify this as it will help me organise & plan for the same.

I dont have any cohabitation document during the first 3 years, Only the visa stampings in & out seals.

Thanks a lot forum for your assistance.

Kind regards
Siva
This is a bit tricky mate. There is no requirement for dependants to spend 5 years if they got their dependant visa before Jul 2012. I think the requirement for dependant ILR is cohabitation for which you will need letters etc for any 2 years period when you were together. I dont understand how you will prove cohabitation since they are not in UK. I may be wrong but based on this i dont think they can apply for ILR with you. Although if your son was born in UK he will be able to register for British Citizenship after you get ILR no matter if he is inside or outside of UK.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:13 am

messagetosiva wrote:
how about registration with with GP/NHS, council (for council tax) ?

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 pm

ban.s wrote:
messagetosiva wrote:
how about registration with with GP/NHS, council (for council tax) ?
as for as i know you can show combination of two years from last 5 years but in among those two year your wife must not be out of country for more than 90 days if i am not wrong

messagetosiva
Newly Registered

Post by messagetosiva » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Thanks.

If it is for any 2 year i think I would have some documents. My son was not born in UK so do i need any documents for him too ?
Also can you kindly clarify what is the amount of bank balance that I need to show for me and my 2 dependants and for how long.

Is there a reputed & reliable ILR Soliciters in London area that i can rely on for consultation and application.

Regards
Sivakumar

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:57 pm

If you You have Two year co hab documents for your wife that will suffice, there is no documents required for your child.
please refer my sucess story my wife and kids had 3 year gap and they are also not born in uk
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=