ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help i need some advice pls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kate2007
Newly Registered

help i need some advice pls

Post by kate2007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:02 pm

i wonder if some can give me some advice, my albanian boyfriend is being removed from the uk soon and im so upset and not sure what to do? I am going to go to albania so we can marry. how do i go about this and what do i need? :shock:

Strep
Newly Registered

Help

Post by Strep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:39 pm

I'd suggest you read sticky labelled settlement visa success, really good advice on the evidence you need to compile to support yr spouse visa application. There's alot of work to do, but the more prepared you are the better. Best of luck.

BATS

Post by BATS » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 pm

I have an Albanian Fiance and know a bit about getting married in Tirana, there is a page on the British Embassy in tiranas website in the consular services section also about getting married in Albania, what you need etc.

kate2007
Newly Registered

Re: Help

Post by kate2007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:47 pm

[quote="Strep"]I'd suggest you read sticky labelled settlement visa success, really good advice on the evidence you need to compile to support yr spouse visa application. There's alot of work to do, but the more prepared you are the better. Best of luck.[/quote] where do i get this info from, where on this site?

Strep
Newly Registered

Re: Help

Post by Strep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:54 pm

[quote="kate2007"where on this site?
There are subjects titled as 'Sticky' above the messages posted. The one to read is titled wife's settlement visa success. Helped give me insight into all the evidence you need.

BATS

Post by BATS » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:54 pm

its the fifth post down on this message board.

kate2007
Newly Registered

advice needed pls

Post by kate2007 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:02 pm

[quote="kate2007"]i wonder if some can give me some advice, my albanian boyfriend is being removed from the uk soon and im so upset and not sure what to do? I am going to go to albania so we can marry. how do i go about this and what do i need? :shock:[/quote]

thanks for your advice.

can anyone let me know what information the registar will need from me to apply for a certificate of no impetiment?

kate2007
Newly Registered

advice about 'cert of impetiment' pls

Post by kate2007 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:14 pm

can some advise me of what information the registar will ask me and what they will want from me when i apply for an certificate of no impetiment, and how long does this take to get?

kate2007
Newly Registered

Post by kate2007 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 pm

[quote="BATS"]I have an Albanian Fiance and know a bit about getting married in Tirana, there is a page on the British Embassy in tiranas website in the consular services section also about getting married in Al bania, what you need etc.[/quote]

are you marrying your boyfriend? if so, would just like to know how you are going around? this is all new to me

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:59 pm

We are applying for a fiance visa - interview on Thursday sooo nervous. Once my fiance has his visa he will be coming over to the UK and our wedding is booked for June. We just had a letter from the vicar marrying us confirming that we would be getting married at his church and i also put in copies of my receipts for things I had bought for the wedding so far e.g. wedding dress

kate2007
Newly Registered

Post by kate2007 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:26 pm

[quote="BATS"]We are applying for a fiance visa - interview on Thursday sooo nervous. Once my fiance has his visa he will be coming over to the UK and our wedding is booked for June. We just had a letter from the vicar marrying us confirming that we would be getting married at his church and i also put in copies of my receipts for things I had bought for the wedding so far e.g. wedding dress[/quote]

im am so ignorant to all of this? what is a fiance visa?

kate2007
Newly Registered

Post by kate2007 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:30 pm

[quote="kate2007"][quote="BATS"]We are applying for a fiance visa - interview on Thursday sooo nervous. Once my fiance has his visa he will be coming over to the UK and our wedding is booked for June. We just had a letter from the vicar marrying us confirming that we would be getting married at his church and i also put in copies of my receipts for things I had bought for the wedding so far e.g. wedding dress[/quote]

im am so ignorant to all of this? what is a fiance visa?[/quote]

what is the best thing for us to do? so that myself and boyfriend can be together in the uk

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 pm

im am so ignorant to all of this? what is a fiance visa?
I'd suggest you pay a visit to the wonderful world of the IND website...you'll find lots of information about such visa categories. Can't remember the exact website address but just good home office ind and it comes up.

In terms of your boyfriend, if you are getting married in Albania, I don't think anyone here has (much) experiece of the immigration rules for that country, so you will need to visit a) British embassy website for Albania (for visa issues and information for British citizens over there) and b) Albanian embassy in the UK for details of how to get married in Albania.

Then, a fiance visa isn't necessary for you (read about it and you'll understand why), and once you get married in Albania you'll need to apply for a spouse visa....I think you should visit IND and British Embassy in Albania for info about applying...or just search this website...

I hope that's right?

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:57 pm

I've just been through the process at the British Embassy in Albania so I have a good idea how it works.

The fiance visa is valid for 6 months and you must get married within this period of time, in that time also your boyf cannot work until you apply for the spouse visa once you are married. i didn't want to get married in Albania as I want a traditional church wedding in the UK. You will definitely not get that in Albania, you go to an office sign a form and thats it, you don't say any vows although I think theres one place in Tirana that you can says vows if you want to.

PM me if you want some help in terms of evidence needed and the application procedures at the British Embassy in Tirana.

kate2007
Newly Registered

Post by kate2007 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:25 pm

[quote="BATS"]I've just been through the process at the British Embassy in Albania so I have a good idea how it works.

The fiance visa is valid for 6 months and you must get married within this period of time, in that time also your boyf cannot work until you apply for the spouse visa once you are married. i didn't want to get married in Albania as I want a traditional church wedding in the UK. You will definitely not get that in Albania, you go to an office sign a form and thats it, you don't say any vows although I think theres one place in Tirana that you can says vows if you want to.

PM me if you want some help in terms of evidence needed and the application procedures at the British Embassy in Tirana.[/quote]

congratulations ! hope everything goes ok.

im still so confused? has any one out there gone through the experience of going to albania and marrying, then getting a visa to come back. pls share your with me

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:17 pm

Look out for a poster called Marie B. She has got married in Albania. Search for her on the boards and send her a PM she really helped me out and hopefully she'll help you!

P.S My fiancee got his visa granted!

clairey

Post by clairey » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Getting married in Albania

The guidance below provides instructions on the requirements that couples need to meet to allow them to be married in Albania.

We regret that marriages cannot be celebrated at the British Embassy, in Tirana.

If you wish to marry in Albania then we recommend that you contact The Main Civil Status Office in Tirana for advice:

Zyra e Gjendjes Civile
Bashkia Tirane
Bulevardi Deshmoret e Kombit
Tirana
Tel: 00355 4 253023/ ext 154 & 259966

They should advise you that before there can be a marriage celebrated in Albania, which involves a British national, that they will require the production of both a legalised Full British Birth Certificate and a legalised ‘Certificate of No Impediment or CNI’. A CNI may be obtained from a Registrar’s Office in the UK or the British Embassy in Tirana. If you are preparing your marriage documents from the UK, please note that the Main Civil Status Office in Tirana requires both the UK issued CNI and the British Birth Certificate to be legalised by the Albanian Embassy in London:

Albanian Embassy
2nd Floor
24 Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6LB
Tel: 44 20 78 28 88 97
Fax: 44 20 78 28 88 69

However, if you are preparing your documents in Albania then both the CNI process and document certification can be done by a Consular officer at the British Embassy in Tirana. Thereafter, you need to legalise your documents with the Legalisation Office, at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tirana.

A British national requiring a Certificate of No Impediment from the British Embassy must reside in the Consular district of Albania, where notice of the proposed marriage is to be given at least 21 clear and consecutive days before giving notice. At the end of the period the applicant is required to come to the British Embassy to complete and sign a Notice of Marriage and to swear an Affidavit. After the notice has been displayed on the Consulate’s notice board for 21 clear days and without any objection to the marriage having been raised, the Consular officer will issue a legalised copy of a Certificate of No Impediment.

Applicants should be aware that neither a Consular officer nor the FCO are competent to certify that no impediment to a particular marriage exists. The certificate simply states that public notice has been given of the proposed marriage and that no impediment to that marriage has been SHOWN to exist.

The following documents are required:

Full British Birth Certificate (showing parents’ names);
British Passport;
Written consent of parent or guardian when under the age of 18, this will be verified with the signatory;
If either of the party to the purpose marriage have been married before or widow/widower then an original divorce or death certificate should be presented;
The prospective Albanian husband or wife’s passport and birth certificate;
The relevant fee for giving notice and issuing the Certificate of No Impediment.
Visit the Consular Fees page for payment details.

The option of depositing a marriage certificate in the UK

A British party to a marriage, celebrated in Albania can deposit a copy of their Albanian marriage certificate with the UK authorities. The requirements to be met are that the British party to the marriage must provide the Consular officer in the district of Albania with a certified copy of the marriage certificate. Before presenting this paper to the Consular officer, it should have already been duly authenticated by the Legalisation Office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Albania, accompanied with a notarised translation into English. If these requirements are met then, and the relevant fee paid, the document will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar General in the UK nearest to where the couple will be living. The applicant's full home address, email, telephone and fax number in the UK should be stated when paying the fee.

Note:
The marriage will not be registered in the United Kingdom; the marriage certificate will simply be deposited for records purposes only. This means that the original certificate will not be returned;
There is no legal obligation to have a marriage recorded in the UK. The parties may decide to do so if they consider that it will be useful purpose, but the validity in English law of a marriage contracted in a foreign country is in no way affected by its having been, or not having been, thus recorded;
Either party or only one member of the couple can be present in order to deposit the Marriage certificate with the Consular Section at the British Embassy in Tirana.

We just got my fiance's visa in Albania, and got married in the UK. My friend got married in Albania, so I can ask her what she needed to do exactly. As BATS said, you don't have to get married over there - if you'd rather marry in the UK, apply for a fiance visa.

kate2007
Newly Registered

advice

Post by kate2007 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:17 pm

[quote="clairey"][color=red]Getting married in Albania

The guidance below provides instructions on the requirements that couples need to meet to allow them to be married in Albania.

We regret that marriages cannot be celebrated at the British Embassy, in Tirana.

If you wish to marry in Albania then we recommend that you contact The Main Civil Status Office in Tirana for advice:

Zyra e Gjendjes Civile
Bashkia Tirane
Bulevardi Deshmoret e Kombit
Tirana
Tel: 00355 4 253023/ ext 154 & 259966

They should advise you that before there can be a marriage celebrated in Albania, which involves a British national, that they will require the production of both a legalised Full British Birth Certificate and a legalised ‘Certificate of No Impediment or CNI’. A CNI may be obtained from a Registrar’s Office in the UK or the British Embassy in Tirana. If you are preparing your marriage documents from the UK, please note that the Main Civil Status Office in Tirana requires both the UK issued CNI and the British Birth Certificate to be legalised by the Albanian Embassy in London:

Albanian Embassy
2nd Floor
24 Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6LB
Tel: 44 20 78 28 88 97
Fax: 44 20 78 28 88 69

However, if you are preparing your documents in Albania then both the CNI process and document certification can be done by a Consular officer at the British Embassy in Tirana. Thereafter, you need to legalise your documents with the Legalisation Office, at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tirana.

A British national requiring a Certificate of No Impediment from the British Embassy must reside in the Consular district of Albania, where notice of the proposed marriage is to be given at least 21 clear and consecutive days before giving notice. At the end of the period the applicant is required to come to the British Embassy to complete and sign a Notice of Marriage and to swear an Affidavit. After the notice has been displayed on the Consulate’s notice board for 21 clear days and without any objection to the marriage having been raised, the Consular officer will issue a legalised copy of a Certificate of No Impediment.

Applicants should be aware that neither a Consular officer nor the FCO are competent to certify that no impediment to a particular marriage exists. The certificate simply states that public notice has been given of the proposed marriage and that no impediment to that marriage has been SHOWN to exist.

The following documents are required:

Full British Birth Certificate (showing parents’ names);
British Passport;
Written consent of parent or guardian when under the age of 18, this will be verified with the signatory;
If either of the party to the purpose marriage have been married before or widow/widower then an original divorce or death certificate should be presented;
The prospective Albanian husband or wife’s passport and birth certificate;
The relevant fee for giving notice and issuing the Certificate of No Impediment.
Visit the Consular Fees page for payment details.

The option of depositing a marriage certificate in the UK

A British party to a marriage, celebrated in Albania can deposit a copy of their Albanian marriage certificate with the UK authorities. The requirements to be met are that the British party to the marriage must provide the Consular officer in the district of Albania with a certified copy of the marriage certificate. Before presenting this paper to the Consular officer, it should have already been duly authenticated by the Legalisation Office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Albania, accompanied with a notarised translation into English. If these requirements are met then, and the relevant fee paid, the document will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar General in the UK nearest to where the couple will be living. The applicant's full home address, email, telephone and fax number in the UK should be stated when paying the fee.

Note:
The marriage will not be registered in the United Kingdom; the marriage certificate will simply be deposited for records purposes only. This means that the original certificate will not be returned;
There is no legal obligation to have a marriage recorded in the UK. The parties may decide to do so if they consider that it will be useful purpose, but the validity in English law of a marriage contracted in a foreign country is in no way affected by its having been, or not having been, thus recorded;
Either party or only one member of the couple can be present in order to deposit the Marriage certificate with the Consular Section at the British Embassy in Tirana. [/color]

We just got my fiance's visa in Albania, and got married in the UK. My friend got married in Albania, so I can ask her what she needed to do exactly. As BATS said, you don't have to get married over there - if you'd rather marry in the UK, apply for a fiance visa.[/quote] thanks for advice if you ask your friend , that would be great.