ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mn1 application for uk born child from india or uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryb27
Newly Registered

mn1 application for uk born child from india or uk

Post by ryb27 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:26 pm

hi ya
i was granted ilr in january 2013.my son was born in dec 31,2011 in uk.he travelled to india in june 2012 with his grand parentswith his indian passport.i did not apply any dependent visa for him to travel to india.i want to bring him to uk not sure of the options available either to apply for mn1 from india or to bring him as an ilr dependent or bring him on a visitng visa and apply for mn1. from what i heard is it takes a long time for the mn1 to process from india,if so i dont want to take the risk.is it alright to bring him on a visitng visa and then process the ilr?

please reply me
ryb

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:54 am

ryb27 wrote:i have gone through several posts and replies on mn1 application.just need to confirmation on few aspects.
i am on ilr my baby boy was born before i was granted ilr and he is in india currently.i want to make mn1 for him.once i get the registration certificate on what basis can i bring him.with the registration certificate as BC is not enough to travel from india.on.

on mn1 application form i couldnot find any section for payment how do i do the payment
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 am

Me and many others are in the Same boat and we all had babies before ILR and they went back to their home countries and after that we got ILR and now we want them back here again as BC.

But The question is
1) can we apply for their registration using MN1 from the UK (YES)
2) Can we apply for their Passport from the UK after registration (?????)
3) what if we get their British Passport how are we going to send them the passports back home as some countries do not allow passports beyond their borders without the passport holder. (????)
4) Lets say we manage to send them their New British Passports back home, what the immigration officers (in the UK and Back Home) are going to say ???

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 am

naCC wrote:Me and many others are in the Same boat and we all had babies before ILR and they went back to their home countries and after that we got ILR and now we want them back here again as BC.

But The question is
1) can we apply for their registration using MN1 from the UK (YES)
2) Can we apply for their Passport from the UK after registration (?????)
3) what if we get their British Passport how are we going to send them the passports back home as some countries do not allow passports beyond their borders without the passport holder. (????)
4) Lets say we manage to send them their New British Passports back home, what the immigration officers (in the UK and Back Home) are going to say ???
1) Yes.
2) depends. At the moment, the UK authorities require you to apply at the country you are present. If abroad, then through the British consulate/BHC. However, this is changing. In future all passport applications will be made to IPS in the UK. If applying from Europe, you already are required to apply directly to IPS.
3) no idea. This will also affect the way IPS could send passports in future (as they will be sent by courier back to the applicant). Maybe they will use diplomatic post to send it to the consulate.
4) I don't think it will matter to the UK authorities.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks Jambo
SO you meant
1) we can apply for registration using MN1 form from the UK
2) After that we can apply for British Passport from the UK
3) send them passports and they can come to UK on that British Passport ?

regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

naCC wrote:Thanks Jambo
SO you meant
1) we can apply for registration using MN1 form from the UK
2) After that we can apply for British Passport from the UK
3) send them passports and they can come to UK on that British Passport ?

regards
1) Yes.
2 & 3) probably not. It depends where the child is but for most countries, you need to apply from the country the child is present. You can't apply from the UK if the child is not in the UK.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Guys I found the following links to apply for British Passports for Children who were born in the UK but are living overseas.
can anybody please explain if there is any possiblity to apply for British
Passport from the UK, as from other countries it could take 6 Months :(

http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/resour ... -notes.pdf

http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/resour ... orm-c2.pdf

ban.s

Re: mn1 application for uk born child from india or uk

Post by ban.s » Wed May 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Received via PM
ryb27 wrote: hi ya
can you pls check if i am right
for uk born child living in india [parents holding hsmp at the time of birth,now on ilr]he wants to travel back to uk.he is holding indian passport at the moment.

application of reg as bc is under process
how do i proceed after receiving bc certificate
do i have to apply british passport from india and how? or
do i have to apply roa in uk and post it to india and apply bp once he is back to uk
can i make an online application for roa from uk or india
pl help me wiht the forms and sites and address if possible

many thnx

ryb27
Newly Registered

Post by ryb27 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:10 pm

hi every body
some body please ans my questions that i have posted.i have gone through ur posts but could not find answers.

hpat

Post by hpat » Tue May 13, 2014 2:48 pm

I am not sure of many of your questions. But you mentioned in original post that can travel on visitor visa.
So for that I tried for my daughter and got rejected so I had to apply dependent visa to bring her in UK.
There is very little chance of getting visitor visa approved (I guess when some other family member applies visitor visa along with baby and can justifed that baby will return to India after visit)...

Getting MN1 and British passport done is hectic process... I won;t recommend to do that.