ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR does not contain Entry Clearance information

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

themanindark
Newly Registered

SAR does not contain Entry Clearance information

Post by themanindark » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 am

Hi all,

After almost 2 months of waiting, I have got my SAR last week.

What I receive is a fairly comprehensive history of my applications. However, it only contains the information about my application while I am in the UK.

It does not contain any information related to my entry clearance application (as a student), not even a computer record. All it has is my landing information (landing date, airport etc), but my landing information is created on the date when I made my first extension (which is 1.5 years after I landed).

From the CID search history, it looks like it does not even have that case. My first case is my first extension in the UK which was made 1.5 years after I came to the UK.

I was wondering it could be because I applied my entry clearance back to 2000 and it was too early to be held in any of the systems.

I do know some people who received their entry clearance information. But I was wondering could that be because of type of application? I think if someone applied entry clearance based on a ILR qualifying visa type (HSMP or the early days Tier 1), they may want to hold it in the computer system.

Just wondering what is the scenario for other people who got your SAR? Do you have your Entry Clearance application form, supporting doc etc?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 am

The Entry Clearance record system is a stand-alone database separate from the Case Information Database which UK-based caseworkers use, and you have probably only been supplied with data from the latter. As far as I am aware, only operational grades and a few other units are authorised to access the Entry Clearance system. So that may be the reason why you have not had the info you think you need, or it's because the people who do this only thought to look at your UK "Home Office File", @ the Case Info Database on your transactions with UKBA after you arrived in the UK.

I don't know in detail how it all works these days, but to get what you need you may have to contact the Embassies where the ECs were issued/refused.

Edit:- the Entry Clearance database was up and running in 2000, albeit with scant information. You may not get very much info from that period, and virtually all EC paper files from that era will have gone to the furnace. Embassies may still have computer records which are not entered on the Central Record System for Entry Clearances.