ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT QUERY! Mistake in the provided document.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KK1234
Newly Registered

URGENT QUERY! Mistake in the provided document.

Post by KK1234 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Guys, please advise if anyone had similar situation.

I received a letter today from the Met. police notifying me that i failed to register my PSW visa when I was switching from the student one. When I called them and explained that I actually went to the local police station (in London) to register my new address, they forgot to register my visa as well, they said my application for the visa might be refused on this ground.

I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur, would it affect the decision on the application?

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Which country are you from?

KK1234
Newly Registered

Post by KK1234 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Egypt :)

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Registering and reporting changes with the police

It is important to register with the police if you are required to do so and to keep your Police Registration Certificate updated because this is a condition of your visa. If you don’t register or report changes without having a good reason, you will be committing an offence and you may have problems extending your visa or getting a new visa in the future.

Who has to register with the police
If your student visa is for six months or more and you are aged 16 or over, you will normally be required to register with the police in the UK if you are a national of one of the following countries or territories:
  • Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen
    or if you are a stateless person or hold a non-national travel document.
If you are required to register with the police, this will be stated on your visa sticker or on your Biometric Residence Permit if you have one.

Your dependants will also be required to register with the police if you have to register and they meet the visa length, age and nationality conditions explained above.

When, where and how to register with the police
If you obtain your visa in your home country, you will need to go to the police to register within 7 days of arriving in the UK. If you obtain or extend your visa in the UK you will need to go to the police to register within 7 days of receiving your Biometric Residence Permit.

If you are living in Oxford, go to the Police Station on St Aldates to register. You do not need an appointment but you might have to queue during busy periods. If you are living outside Oxford ask your local police station where you should register. If you are living in London, register at the Overseas Visitors Records Office.

To register, take with you

• £34 in cash – exact amount, no change can be given
    a current UK passport style photograph
    your passport and your Biometric Residence Permit if you have one
    your enrolment certificate from Student Self Service - note that you can only print this after you have visited your college and completed registration
    You should give your complete address, including your room number if you are living in college or University accommodation.

You will be asked to complete and return an application form for your Police Registration Certificate.

What changes need to be reported
You must keep your Police Registration Certificate (PRC) carefully and get it updated with any changes. You do not have to pay anything to update your PRC. You will need to include your up-to-date PRC with any visa extension applications.

You must report to the police any change in your:
  • address in UK, even if it is just a college room number change. You must also tell the police if you are going to be away from your registered address for more than two months
    visa or Biometric Residence Permit
    name or gender
    marital status
    nationality
    passport: tell the police your new passport number
    place of study
    If you change your address you must tell the police within 7 days of moving. If you get a new or extended visa and it states on your visa or Biometric Residence Permit that you must register/report to police you must do so within 7 days. You must report any of the other changes within 8 days.
What if you do not register on time or forget to report changes
If you realise that you have failed to register with the police or update your PRC with any changes in time, go to the police station straight away and explain the circumstances. If it was because you were ill, take a letter from your doctor if possible.

What to do if you lose your Police Registration Certificate
Report the loss to the police and apply for a new certificate. You will have to pay the fee again.

KK1234
Newly Registered

Post by KK1234 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Thank you for the info

Legal RANA
Newly Registered

Post by Legal RANA » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:59 pm

hi

if you have received the acknowledgement from the UKBA, immediately write a letter to them and explain the situation.