ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Food franchise 4 T1 entre from PSW..policy guide confused me

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajji1
Newly Registered

Food franchise 4 T1 entre from PSW..policy guide confused me

Post by sajji1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi all,
I need an advise on ,
1. can we open food franchise like Pizza hut, Dominos or papa jhones. these franchises are in food industry.
2. and according to SOC (section-I) there is no level 4 job in food industry. 3.i could see in policy guide for T1 entre page 39.......(A24. Businesses that are set up as franchises can be accepted for the award of points. You will either be self-employed or employed, depending on how you decide to structure the franchise business, and should provide the appropriate evidence.)
Now im on psw and want to apply for T1 entre. if i am allowed to have a food franchise than what will be my job title for Q.G21 of application form with what SOC code.
thanks ,waiting for your reply.
:roll:

entrepreneur123

Re: Food franchise 4 T1 entre from PSW..policy guide confuse

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Pizza hut etc do not fall at skilled level NQF 4 or above. So you will not get points for this kind of business.

sajji1 wrote:Hi all,
I need an advise on ,
1. can we open food franchise like Pizza hut, Dominos or papa jhones. these franchises are in food industry.
2. and according to SOC (section-I) there is no level 4 job in food industry. 3.i could see in policy guide for T1 entre page 39.......(A24. Businesses that are set up as franchises can be accepted for the award of points. You will either be self-employed or employed, depending on how you decide to structure the franchise business, and should provide the appropriate evidence.)
Now im on psw and want to apply for T1 entre. if i am allowed to have a food franchise than what will be my job title for Q.G21 of application form with what SOC code.

sajji1
Newly Registered

Post by sajji1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:17 pm

thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: Food franchise 4 T1 entre from PSW..policy guide confuse

Post by tuliprose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:51 pm

sajji1 wrote:Hi all,
I need an advise on ,

This morning, you were planning to open up a Security Company as you are working as Security Manager and this afternoon you want to open a Food Franchise.

Anyways, if you decide to go with franchise option, then you should just leave SOC Code blank and explain in a covering letter.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

sajji1
Newly Registered

Post by sajji1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:02 pm

thanks for your reply. you right , in fact i am confused as i could buy a pizza franchise. in this option income can be generated very easily. but in security its very hard to get a contract of trading. any way i would appreciate ,u got a sharp observation.
but seriously what is you opinion about Pizza franchise? can ill be awarded point or not in PSW rout.
thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:11 pm

sajji1 wrote:thanks for your reply. you right , in fact i am confused as i could buy a pizza franchise. in this option income can be generated very easily. but in security its very hard to get a contract of trading. any way i would appreciate ,u got a sharp observation.
but seriously what is you opinion about Pizza franchise? can ill be awarded point or not in PSW rout.
thanks
Opening a franchise, security company or any other business only depends what you want to do in future, your skills, your finances and your plans.

In both options you can get the visa as long as you meet the requirement and you have all finances in place with supporting documents.

Now its only you, who has to decide what you want to do.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

sajji1
Newly Registered

Post by sajji1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:20 pm

my question is i have psw status with funds 50k could be more but less than 200k. i prefer pizza franchise . is it possible to get a visa with food franchise using T1 entre

thanks ,waiting for your reply

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:23 am

sajji1 wrote:my question is i have psw status with funds 50k could be more but less than 200k. i prefer pizza franchise . is it possible to get a visa with food franchise using T1 entre

thanks ,waiting for your reply
Hi,

I think that even if you set up a franchise, the business activity must be at level 4 or above.
Therefore, a food franchise business is unlikely to to be accepted.

webmaster11

hi

Post by webmaster11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:59 am

i guess when u buy a franchise you get documentation for that but to my knowledge the franchise has to be accredited by BFA( British franchise association). and you can send documents with ur application as a proof. it is clearly mentioned that u can run a franchise business and it doesnt state that franchise has to be on level 4 etc. so i guess it wont b a problem and you will get ur visa.
but thats what i think i might b wrong most important thing is money and job creation for extension

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 am

Just because it states you can run a franchise doesn't mean the other requirements don't need to be met. If switching from psw with £50000 the job level needs to be nqf 4 or above. Opening a franchise makes no difference to that requirement.s

webmaster11

Post by webmaster11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:39 am

Greenie wrote:Just because it states you can run a franchise doesn't mean the other requirements don't need to be met. If switching from psw with £50000 the job level needs to be nqf 4 or above. Opening a franchise makes no difference to that requirement.s
Businesses that are set up as franchises can be accepted for the award of points. You will either be self-employed or employed, depending on how you decide to structure the franchise business, and should provide the appropriate evidence.''these are the exact wording in the policy guidance...i guess words speak for itself i got my visa and i have consulted 2,3 different immigration solicitors and ive been told i still can claim points when i will go for the extension. Thinking about opening a food franchise and i can be the business manager or any other tittle bcoz technically i will be looking after my business

sajji1
Newly Registered

Post by sajji1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:22 am

Hi webmaster,
what was your visa status .did you apply via PSW rout. if yes than what was your SOC code and what was your business? could you please elaborate? i will be very thankful to you.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 am

webmaster11 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Just because it states you can run a franchise doesn't mean the other requirements don't need to be met. If switching from psw with £50000 the job level needs to be nqf 4 or above. Opening a franchise makes no difference to that requirement.s
Businesses that are set up as franchises can be accepted for the award of points. You will either be self-employed or employed, depending on how you decide to structure the franchise business, and should provide the appropriate evidence.''these are the exact wording in the policy guidance...i guess words speak for itself i got my visa and i have consulted 2,3 different immigration solicitors and ive been told i still can claim points when i will go for the extension. Thinking about opening a food franchise and i can be the business manager or any other tittle bcoz technically i will be looking after my business
lets be clear, have you actually been granted leave to remain under tier 1 entrepreneur,switching from psw and using 50k to set up a food franchise? Or are you saying you have been granted leave on the basis of another business but now intend to use the money to open a food franchise and claim points for that investment.?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:06 am

Before 13-12-12 It was possible to get visa by opening retail business etc but after this date you cannot play with this rule anymore. I know many friends who got visa, opening a retail business using title of Marketing Manager NQF6 etc but new rules after 13-12-12 clearly states that you cannot provide NQF4 or above level service for your own business, as it will account as admining your own business...So service should be for other businesses.

"You must show that you have been working in an occupation which appears on the list of
occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the
Codes of Practice on our website. “Working” in this context means that the core service your
business provides to its customers or clients involves the business delivering a service in an
occupation at this level. It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website"
functions for the business.
webmaster11 wrote:

webmaster11

Post by webmaster11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 pm

i have been granted a visa from psw cat d 50 k. yes i am planning to open up a food franchise now preferably subway. i have consulted 3,4 different solicitors and they have told me it wont affect my extension because the royalty fees in case of subway is 12.5% of watever u earn . Lets not b confused because UKBA has not categorized the franchise business like subway is level 3 business and pizza hut is level 4 business. It has been categorized as franchise business and it states that they will accept franchise business... main thing is investment of money and creation of jobs....

Legal RANA
Newly Registered

Post by Legal RANA » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:17 pm

the food industry is not within the definition of the skilled business of NQF level 4 and above

webmaster11

Post by webmaster11 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:21 am

Legal RANA wrote:the food industry is not within the definition of the skilled business of NQF level 4 and above
could you please tell me where does it says that Franchise business has to on certain level?.....in policy guidance or any where ..

Legal RANA
Newly Registered

Post by Legal RANA » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Please go through the SOC codes and you will understand. They have not mentioned food industry specifically but my understanding is that they will judge every application with the soc codes standards

webmaster11

Post by webmaster11 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 pm

well all am arguing is they haven't either mentioned that franchise business has to b according to certain soc code list. i have got visa and i am planning to open up afranchise bcoz its easier to create jobs and money can easily b invested as well . Thats what i have to show when i go for extension.

smile_alwayz
Newly Registered

Post by smile_alwayz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:54 am

webmaster11 wrote:well all am arguing is they haven't either mentioned that franchise business has to b according to certain soc code list. i have got visa and i am planning to open up afranchise bcoz its easier to create jobs and money can easily b invested as well . Thats what i have to show when i go for extension.
which business did u apply with when u got ur entrepreneur visa..?