ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration warning and Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

curious123
Newly Registered

Police registration warning and Tier 1 extension

Post by curious123 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if a warning from police for late change of address in the police registration certificate has a serious impact on Tier 1 extension? I forgot to update my address and went to the police station - it is almost a year late. They said that's unacceptable and will report me... I have to apply for Tier 1 extension soon. Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there any chance of me getting the visa now?

Thanks

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am

Why did u tell them that you'd moved a year earlier? Should have have just said you did it a week ago!
Anyhow, no is the answer- it bears no concequences whatsoever! Chill :)

curious123
Newly Registered

Post by curious123 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah in hindsight I should've said that, but I thought it would look dodgy if they put down that I moved a week ago, but most of my bank statements for the past 10 months show the new address...
How do you know it has no consequences? I was told they were going to report me to UKBA and I would probably be hearing from someone soon :(

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:22 pm

You are fine. Don't worry.
Please also note down that police registration for migrants from many countries is not necessary. You can check that on UKBA website if you are not sure about it.
lets get together for migrants' rights

iheisler
Newly Registered

Post by iheisler » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:14 am

Hi curious123

Could you please let me know please if you were able to extend your visa even with this warning in the police certificate?
I have a similar situation as yours.

Thank you very much

KK1234
Newly Registered

Post by KK1234 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi Curious123,

Could you please update on your situation with the police registration. Were you able to proceed with the application. My situation is quite similar to yours.

Thanks!

Mela

Post by Mela » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

KK1234 wrote:Hi Curious123,

Could you please update on your situation with the police registration. Were you able to proceed with the application. My situation is quite similar to yours.

Thanks!
the post is 2 years old not sure you will hear back from OP. suggest you post the details of your case and people can advise you. on the general note, yes, if you are required to register details like change of address with police within 7 days then you need to do so. it is an offence not to do so which can impact the extension. so you are left at merci of the caseworker...